Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MSC-PLAC 2020

According to Harrells Springs Valley has South Decatur listed as an opp this week (on the road). South Dectaur currently listed as playing 2 games that day. Haha. Unsure if typo or if Anderson Prep has been replaced with Valley. Maybe one of the lurking SV coaches can give some insight...😂 👀.

1 minute ago, WWFan said:

According to Harrells Springs Valley has South Decatur listed as an opp this week (on the road). South Dectaur currently listed as playing 2 games that day. Haha. Unsure if typo or if Anderson Prep has been replaced with Valley. Maybe one of the lurking SV coaches can give some insight...😂 👀.

Not a lurking SV coach but I do know SV will play at South Decatur Friday.

• Thanks 1

There's not much discussion on this thread so I'll whip out a favorite off-season topic.

I think it's time to break up the PLAC and adjust some other conferences in the area.

Silver Creek-Moves to the Hoosier Hills Conference. More fitting of a school their size and caliber.

MSC-takes a cue from the PAC and forms a Big/Small Division.

Big Division: Brownstown, North Harrison, Salem, Corydon, Charlestown, Scottsburg

Small Division: Clarksville, East Washington, West Washington, Paoli, Mitchell, Crawford County

Perry Central joins the PAC Small Division

Springs Valley joins the Southwest Conference along with Tecumseh.

13 minutes ago, JQWL said:

There's not much discussion on this thread so I'll whip out a favorite off-season topic.

I think it's time to break up the PLAC and adjust some other conferences in the area.

Silver Creek-Moves to the Hoosier Hills Conference. More fitting of a school their size and caliber.

Big Division: Brownstown, North Harrison, Salem, Corydon, Charlestown, Scottsburg

Small Division: Clarksville, East Washington, West Washington, Paoli, Mitchell, Crawford County

Assuming this is football reasoning (since no mention of Orleans or Austin) why in the world would you drop Valley for Crawford?

11 minutes ago, JQWL said:

I like this as a whole, but SC to the HHC isn't happening and it really shouldn't. They are just emerging in football as competitive and are buoyed by a strong senior class. They will come back to Earth a bit next season. Their enrollment is just above 900. That is roughly the same size school as Madison, which is now leaving the HHC due to being so small. The next smallest school in the HHC is Jennings County, with an enrollment of over 1200. In football, SC would struggle against schools that are nearly twice their size. Right now, they could compete in basketball because they have some outstanding talent, but that too will pass. 

I am always for more non-conference games so that it provides some flexibility in scheduling. A small school/big school format conference would allow for that. 

5 minutes ago, WWFan said:

Assuming this is football reasoning (since no mention of Orleans or Austin) why in the world would you drop Valley for Crawford?

Valley is more comparable in size to the SW Conference schools than the rest of the teams I left in the small division. There is some traveling there but they already play Eastern Greene, North Daviess, and Tecumseh if they were to move. Having Crawford travel that far just didn't seem to make sense. If you leave them out, I don't know where they would fit at all.

7 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

I like this as a whole, but SC to the HHC isn't happening and it really shouldn't. They are just emerging in football as competitive and are buoyed by a strong senior class. They will come back to Earth a bit next season. Their enrollment is just above 900. That is roughly the same size school as Madison, which is now leaving the HHC due to being so small. The next smallest school in the HHC is Jennings County, with an enrollment of over 1200. In football, SC would struggle against schools that are nearly twice their size. Right now, they could compete in basketball because they have some outstanding talent, but that too will pass. 

I am always for more non-conference games so that it provides some flexibility in scheduling. A small school/big school format conference would allow for that. 

I didn't know Madison was actually getting out. Where are they going?

1 hour ago, JQWL said:

No. We want SC in our conference, and BC wants Seymour on our schedule. 

No chance we lose an atmosphere like last week. 

Edited by btownqbcoach

56 minutes ago, JQWL said:

Valley is more comparable in size to the SW Conference schools than the rest of the teams I left in the small division. There is some traveling there but they already play Eastern Greene, North Daviess, and Tecumseh if they were to move. Having Crawford travel that far just didn't seem to make sense. If you leave them out, I don't know where they would fit at all.

I didn't know Madison was actually getting out. Where are they going?

Madison is going independent i believe. But I understand size and travel but seems silly to split Valley and Paoli to keep a team whose football team seems fringe. Crawford could join a basketball conference and go independent in football. 

Just now, WWFan said:

Madison is going independent i believe. But I understand size and travel but seems silly to split Valley and Paoli to keep a team whose football team seems fringe. Crawford could join a basketball conference and go independent in football. 

Valley could still play Paoli. Everyone would have 4 non-conference games.