Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Score thread?

8 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

LN  62  Avon  34.  Final.

LN is elite on offense.  Speed kills.  Talent kills.  The combo of the two is deadly.

LN was never challenged offensively by the Avon D.  

Not sure how good they are defensively but they might just outscore everyone.

Don’t they have a super good WR that is a junior? 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

7 minutes ago, AG said:

Caston ends their losing streak beating West Central 38-6. 

Southwood stunned Knox 28-26.

Pioneer pounded Cass 44-0.

Peru beat Logansport 25-20.

I think South Newton plays West Central next week, should be interesting as the PC Warriors are getting smoked by North Newton.

New Albany 26 Bloomington South 14 (8:51, 3rd)

NA has two TDs in the 3rd with one coming on a botched kick that gave the Bulldogs great field position at the South 29. The other came on a simple pass play that resulted in a 33 yard TD scamper by the receiver. 

New Albany 33 Bloomington South 20 (4:36, 3rd)

Neither team is playing much "D" in the the 3rd as NA responds to South's last score with a quick 37 yard TD run which was set up by poor tackling by South. There have been four TDs by the teams in the last 4:30 of the 3rd.

Edited by ptr
add comment

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

48-6 Columbus North over Gibson Southern

not a pretty score at all but hey I’ll take it knowing that GS had no turnovers and few penalties. Showed that they can move the ball against good competition. 

need to clean up stuffing the run on defense but it’s week 1 after a crazy offseason with an inability to travel to the numerous 7on7s they have in previous seasons. 

On to Whiteland who is currently tied with Columbus East. Hopefully we see some improvements.  Tough sledding but it should be worth it 

A bit surprised at this.

3A Guerin has beat Columbus North the last 2 years.  

CN is a big school and can greatly improve with any given class....but still a lot surprised considering I look at GS as a state contender in a really good (the last few years) 3A class.  

49 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Don’t they have a super good WR that is a junior? 

Well, everyone who touched the ball looked “super good” tonight. I’m sure you’re right, as I said McCauley makes them so dangerous. IU is getting a good one. LN should be a force in the MIC this year!

New Albany 40 Bloomington South 21 (9:49, 4th)

NA scores again with a 23 yard TD run, as South is getting dominated on the ground in the second half. It looks like their run defense has a lot of work to be done. This game is essentially over with. There is no doubt that new South coach Gabe Johnson has to be disappointed in this game

18 minutes ago, Lysander said:

A bit surprised at this.

3A Guerin has beat Columbus North the last 2 years.  

CN is a big school and can greatly improve with any given class....but still a lot surprised considering I look at GS as a state contender in a really good (the last few years) 3A class.  

I think it’s a combination of the lack of offseason and facing a very good running team early. 

For the past 7 seasons or so GS has traveled to Alabama and other states to compete in 7on7s  which usually had the team in sync on the playbook and the coverages down.  Even without that. The final result with the pass game was pretty solid considering the lack of reps at this point. 

as for the run defense. Definitely has been something teams have been able to exploit at times over the past few years. But that has been HH with the wish/flexbone and southridge with their wing T not sure what CN ran tonight but it worked rushing for 396 yards (yikes). 

definitely will want to see how things play out with Whiteland (Next week) and Southport (week 4). After Week 4 we should really know how GS is sitting.

edit: didn’t address the Guerin thing but maybe CN is just a better team this year than the previous years (I haven’t checked to see how well they were in previous years) 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

New Albany 47 Bloomington South 35 (final)

Bulldogs had 440 rushing yards tonight which pretty much tells the story of how this game went for South. A very disappointing debut for Coach Gabe Johnson, but there is still a lot of football to be played (I hope.)