Elkhart

Marian

Bremen

Concord

Glenn

Northridge

Goshen

Adams

CMA over New Prairie- Watching NP offense which looks foreign to them. I'm going to give CMA the edge here +10.

Penn over Laporte - Penn kept the Valpo game close. Its no Kingsmen team of the past. But they have enough pieces to top Laporte in this one. +21

Elkhart- take it to the air and dominates on defense. Haven't seen too much of them yet to give a good prediction +14

Marian over Knox- I was a little surprised Knox didn't start off 1-0. I thought Radke's long practices would of had them ready to be in mid-season form. Marian will take it to the air something Radke's defenses in the past have had difficulty defending. The back yard air raid and speed will prove to be too much. Knox won't hang on too long past the 1st quarter. Marian wins big +30.

Bremen-  Has Bremen come back from the ashes since moving into the NIC? Or are the Indian's getting out mustered in the recruiting game by Marian. Seems like St. Joe's Program has fallen off big time. Just my opinion. But giving Bremen props this week over another program steeply falling back to it's Amato's last years at Washington. Washington's line didn't impress me much against Adams. They were too slow to fire off for their style of offense. + 21

I'm going to go with a Toss Up on this one if it goes....Jimtown might get a slight edge if they revert back to their old school days.

Glenn over Riley- What in the world happened to Riley's offense? I watched a bit of it. 10 Net Total yards!!??. Seems like trouble in Cat country. Any petitions to bring Jarvis back early? Defense didn't look like the traditional Jarvis Defense and if he's supposedly coming back why would it be changed? It worked well before IMO. At times it looked like there was only 10 players on defense for Riley.....Riley is going to have a tough task this week. Glenn brings a stingy defense to Jackson Field. 1 First down allowed through 3 1/2 quarters. Which was a gift from the ref on 3rd down. Glenn wins +21.

Northridge- Not much to say here. St. Joe is terrible IMO. +28

Goshen- Clay barely beat a team not even sanctioned by the IHSAA with 18 players.

Adams over Woodlan-  Jones heads into this week 1-0 and will make it 2-0. The new run game and speed will be too much for Woodlan. AD did a great job fluffing up this years non-conference games. Hopefully Jones wears a mask this week when he's yelling at his players on camera regional air waves....Adams +28

58 minutes ago, TurfToe said:

CMA over New Prairie- Watching NP offense which looks foreign to them. I'm going to give CMA the edge here +10.

Penn over Laporte - Penn kept the Valpo game close. Its no Kingsmen team of the past. But they have enough pieces to top Laporte in this one. +21

Elkhart- take it to the air and dominates on defense. Haven't seen too much of them yet to give a good prediction +14

Marian over Knox- I was a little surprised Knox didn't start off 1-0. I thought Radke's long practices would of had them ready to be in mid-season form. Marian will take it to the air something Radke's defenses in the past have had difficulty defending. The back yard air raid and speed will prove to be too much. Knox won't hang on too long past the 1st quarter. Marian wins big +30.

Bremen-  Has Bremen come back from the ashes since moving into the NIC? Or are the Indian's getting out mustered in the recruiting game by Marian. Seems like St. Joe's Program has fallen off big time. Just my opinion. But giving Bremen props this week over another program steeply falling back to it's Amato's last years at Washington. Washington's line didn't impress me much against Adams. They were too slow to fire off for their style of offense. + 21

I'm going to go with a Toss Up on this one if it goes....Jimtown might get a slight edge if they revert back to their old school days.

Glenn over Riley- What in the world happened to Riley's offense? I watched a bit of it. 10 Net Total yards!!??. Seems like trouble in Cat country. Any petitions to bring Jarvis back early? Defense didn't look like the traditional Jarvis Defense and if he's supposedly coming back why would it be changed? It worked well before IMO. At times it looked like there was only 10 players on defense for Riley.....Riley is going to have a tough task this week. Glenn brings a stingy defense to Jackson Field. 1 First down allowed through 3 1/2 quarters. Which was a gift from the ref on 3rd down. Glenn wins +21.

Northridge- Not much to say here. St. Joe is terrible IMO. +28

Goshen- Clay barely beat a team not even sanctioned by the IHSAA with 18 players.

Adams over Woodlan-  Jones heads into this week 1-0 and will make it 2-0. The new run game and speed will be too much for Woodlan. AD did a great job fluffing up this years non-conference games. Hopefully Jones wears a mask this week when he's yelling at his players on camera regional air waves....Adams +28

I don’t know if I’d say Bremen’s program has been in the ashes since moving to the NIC. They won the NIC south in 2018 and were seconds from the state championship that year. A roughing the kicker penalty away from playing at Lucas Oil Stadium.

My not so educated guesses.

NP over CMA, NP gets some key players back this week and another week of practice in the the offense will have them looking more crisp. NP by 21+

Penn over LP.  Penn will be to much for the slicers. Penn by 28+

Elkhart over Mishawaka, don’t know what to expect from Elkhart but have a felling they’ll be tough. Elkhart by 10

Marian over Knox, Russ doesn’t have the horse’s he had at NP. Marian pass game should be the difference in this his one. Knights by 14+

Bremen over Washington, don’t know much about either team. Bremen 10+

Concord over Jimtown, I think the jimmies will just be our classed in this one. Concord by 17

Glenn over Riley, not a believer in the falcons yet Just think they gel better than Riley. Riley’s athletes could prove to be a problem for Glenn but will still take the falcons by 9

Northridge Over St Joe. Indians just haven’t been good recently. NR by 17

Clay over Goshen, no reason I just would like to  see clay win some. Clay by 1

Adams over Woodland by 21

New Prairie - Between, first game/new system/covid NPs offense will surely look a little better week two. Not real close to the program so can't comment on key players missing the LaPorte game. But if true, New Prairie will be in for another good year. Time will tell if the defense is for real or Laporte was just lacking.  I think NP has earned enough respect in recent years to go with the Cougs to beat CMA.

Penn - Didn't see anything from Laporte that would suggest they can beat penn. 

Elkhart - Wouldn't be surprised to see Mishawaka win, but there just seems to be a lot of hype around elkhart and how they will be the new kings of the area. let's see if they are the real deal.

Marian - Wow, the knights could make some real noise in their first year in the North. Looks like they are taking all of St. Joe's athletes. if last week wasn't a fluke they could be a favorite to make it down to indy. Also, wouldn't mind seeing Knox start off 0-2 

Bremen - Bremen looks like they can compete with some solid competition and Washington is not one of them. Bremen in a route

Concord - Jimtown isn't close to what they used to be

Glenn - JG might be much improved this year  but evidence is pointing to a lllooonnnggg season for the wildcats.

Northridge - St. Joe playing like they are a south bend public

Goshen - Congrats to Clay on the win but man-o-man was that some weak competition

Adams - Adams should be 2-0 after this week but still with a lot to prove.

1 hour ago, MarshallCounty said:

Folks are trying to figure out what kind of team they have.  I don't think we will have a good understand for a few more weeks. I think Covid is a wrench in the plans that many programs are trying to navigate around. 

Not hard to gauge. St. Joe is terrible. Receivers would have been JV players back in the Downey era, Oline has no drive. 52 attempts in the air 200 yards only? 68 on the ground...Bremen looks a little better but not by much. 

Riley 4A played a 5A school and I heard the coach was making excuses for playing a big school. Didn’t hear that from Valpo. How do you only net 10 yards. Seems like they had a bunch of negative plays. This week they play a 3A school. What will be the excuse this week. 

Washington might of not been prepared for Adams new offense. Going to guess Jones didn’t show any of the new O during the scrimmage. But Washington will still only win 1-2 games this year at best

clay...well its Clay...No depth, No QB, No RB and out of 24 kids maybe 10 played football for more then 4 years. They have no chance of beating anyone in the South...Osceola Grace is a good Freshmen Team this year. 

Penn is far from explosive and will have difficulty winning close games because of it. 

New Prairie will be ok. New offense and their D is fairly solid. 

Glenn seems like a sleeper in the making. Buddy said they had 3INT, 2 fumble recoveries, and a blocked punt. QB apparently went 16-22 with 2TDs and ran in 4 himself. But who knows they played a Team who went 10-1 last year and their only loss was to a power house. 

cant gauge Jimtown and It’s too early for Elkhart.

Marian will cause teams fit with their passing game. But they’ll have difficulty stopping teams after losing their studs on D. I see them with only. Hard to say if they’ll be a 1-2 loss team.  It will all depend on their D showing up. They better pray for dry games this year.

12 minutes ago, TurfToe said:

Not hard to gauge. St. Joe is terrible. Receivers would have been JV players back in the Downey era, Oline has no drive. 52 attempts in the air 200 yards only? 68 on the ground...Bremen looks a little better but not by much. 

Riley 4A played a 5A school and I heard the coach was making excuses for playing a big school. Didn’t hear that from Valpo. How do you only net 10 yards. Seems like they had a bunch of negative plays. This week they play a 3A school. What will be the excuse this week. 

Washington might of not been prepared for Adams new offense. Going to guess Jones didn’t show any of the new O during the scrimmage. But Washington will still only win 1-2 games this year at best

clay...well its Clay...No depth, No QB, No RB and out of 24 kids maybe 10 played football for more then 4 years. They have no chance of beating anyone in the South...Osceola Grace is a good Freshmen Team this year. 

Penn is far from explosive and will have difficulty winning close games because of it. 

New Prairie will be ok. New offense and their D is fairly solid. 

Glenn seems like a sleeper in the making. Buddy said they had 3INT, 2 fumble recoveries, and a blocked punt. QB apparently went 16-22 with 2TDs and ran in 4 himself. But who knows they played a Team who went 10-1 last year and their only loss was to a power house. 

cant gauge Jimtown and It’s too early for Elkhart.

Marian will cause teams fit with their passing game. But they’ll have difficulty stopping teams after losing their studs on D. I see them with only. Hard to say if they’ll be a 1-2 loss team.  It will all depend on their D showing up. They better pray for dry games this year.

Pretty good write up.  I have heard from my buddies that Glenn's D is legit.  Like I said in another post, they are my pick to win the south.

9 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

Pretty good write up.  I have heard from my buddies that Glenn's D is legit.  Like I said in another post, they are my pick to win the south.

That’s what I heard too. Heard they have a decent sized nose tackle 6’1 275, an OLB that’s 6’2-6’3 205-210,  MLB that’s 5’11 210 and speed in the secondary with a stud FS who had 2 picks and a fumble recovery. I’ll finally be able to catch a game and see for myself this week. 

1 minute ago, SBFootballFan6 said:

Let’s slow down on handing out the Trophy for the South one week in. Let’s remember this is a team that still only won 3 games last year, and two of them were to a SB school. The South still runs through Jimtown, and they haven’t even got started yet. 

Does it? New Prairie and Marian are who the south traditionally ran through, they got bumped up, now its a wide open field. Jimtown is Jimtown, no doubt about it, but they lost a ton, and have a new coach in place, a lot of question marks in Baugo Township.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

Does it? New Prairie and Marian are who the south traditionally ran through, they got bumped up, now its a wide open field. Jimtown is Jimtown, no doubt about it, but they lost a ton, and have a new coach in place, a lot of question marks in Baugo Township.

Agree with you on all points. But when looking at the Jimtown from the start of them joining conference and there being a North and South they have been 2nd or 3rd almost every year. Yes there was a Washington year and a Bremen year at top, but after NP and Marian there was always Jimtown lurking. But your correct new staff, new kids so who knows. Look forward to seeing how it plays out. 

• Like 1

I think after one week it is hard to determine who will end up where.  Besides the schedule and injuries there is another factor.  What is a team ends up with positive virus cases and shuts down or loses key members for 2 weeks.  There are so many intangible things this year one never knows.  But I will say this by 2 weeks after Labor Day we should have a good sense of the virus and where teams are heading

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indian72 said:

I think after one week it is hard to determine who will end up where.  Besides the schedule and injuries there is another factor.  What is a team ends up with positive virus cases and shuts down or loses key members for 2 weeks.  There are so many intangible things this year one never knows.  But I will say this by 2 weeks after Labor Day we should have a good sense of the virus and where teams are heading

Totally agree,  this year is a dad to day proposition.

On 8/25/2020 at 10:17 AM, MarshallCounty said:

Finished 9-1 this week. I was surprised CMA didn’t come to play and I had the jimtown game swinging either way and it went into OT.