Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

HNAC Week #1 Review . . .

Friday, Aug. 21
Caston 38, West Central 6
North Judson 63, Culver 20 ©
Pioneer 44, Cass 0
Southwood 29, Knox 26
Triton 23, South Central 20

*Congratulations to Caston on ending a 29-game losing streak. First win for Coach Will Porter since Sept. 9, 2016 duing his stay with South Vermillion.

*Congratulations to Triton on a close victory over South Central (UM). Trojans 1-0 to start season for fourth year in a row.

*Southwood victory over Knox was a bit of a surprise for me.

Friday, Aug. 28
Chesterton at Pioneer, 7:30 pm
Knox at Marian, 7:30 pm
North Judson at Caston ©, 7:30 pm
South Central at Culver, 7:30 pm

*Knox at Marian will be WHME TV-46 Game of the Week.

*No games this week for LaVille, Triton, Winamac unless Triton can make a deal with another IHSAA team looking for a Week 2 opponent.

What say you HNAC Nation?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

1 hour ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

HNAC Week #1 Review . . .

Friday, Aug. 21
Caston 38, West Central 6
North Judson 63, Culver 20 ©
Pioneer 44, Cass 0
Southwood 29, Knox 26
Triton 23, South Central 20

*Congratulations to Caston on ending a 29-game losing streak. First win for Coach Will Porter since Sept. 9, 2016 duing his stay with South Vermillion.

*Congratulations to Triton on a close victory over South Central (UM). Trojans 1-0 to start season for fourth year in a row.

*Southwood victory over Knox was a bit of a surprise for me.

Friday, Aug. 28

*Knox at Marian will be WHME TV-46 Game of the Week.

*No games this week for LaVille, Triton, Winamac unless Triton can make a deal with another IHSAA team looking for a Week 2 opponent.

What say you HNAC Nation?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

Chesterton

Marian

Judson

Culver

1 hour ago, Duke of Denham said:

I think Pioneer will make it a game.  Chestertons depth may be too much.  

How long is the grass on the field at Royal Center? 😉 Could have a significant effect on the outcome.

Also, I agree depth will be a big issue ... especially since the forecast calls for it to be very warm.

Edited by Bobref

7 minutes ago, Bobref said:

How long is the grass on the field at Royal Center? 😉 Could have a significant effect on the outcome.

Also, I agree depth will be a big issue ... especially since the forecast calls for it to be very warm.

Some people call The Pit the best field in Royal Center, some call it the Taj Mahal of the west...

But yes, the grass will probably be long, not to slow Chesterton down, just because our field is what the rest of the state calls awful.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

Some people call The Pit the best field in Royal Center, some call it the Taj Mahal of the west...

But yes, the grass will probably be long, not to slow Chesterton down, just because our field is what the rest of the state calls awful.  

That field looks pretty nice to me. Lipstick on a pig? Hope the mower didn't break. 

Screenshot_20200824-153522.png

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Bobref said:

Yeah, but when was it taken? 

I biked the Panhandle Pathway on Saturday.

The picture was taken around 8/14/2020. The maintenance staff has done a pretty good job overall keeping up with it. What you cant see in the picture is the trail of dead grass spots where it is bare dirt from mole runs all along the visitor sideline. Losing in the first round of sectionals last year really helped the maintenance staff get a head start on the field this off season 🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

The picture was taken around 8/14/2020. The maintenance staff has done a pretty good job overall keeping up with it. What you cant see in the picture is the trail of dead grass spots where it is bare dirt from mole runs all along the visitor sideline. Losing in the first round of sectionals last year really helped the maintenance staff get a head start on the field this off season 🙂 

What's the fan capacity for Pioneer w/ covid restrictions? 

39 minutes ago, AG said:

Does anyone know what formation Chesterton runs on offense and defense? All that I've heard is that they have a pretty good QB.

Watching some highlights on YouTube and it looks like multiple formations on offense all from the gun.  They have 6’6” WR Warren who is pretty athletic and fast for his size.  Not sure what they run on defense.  

1 hour ago, Duke of Denham said:

Watching some highlights on YouTube and it looks like multiple formations on offense all from the gun.  They have 6’6” WR Warren who is pretty athletic and fast for his size.  Not sure what they run on defense.  

They are a spread team, primarily pass the ball. Warren graduated last year.

On 8/23/2020 at 10:23 PM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Friday, Aug. 28

Both Garrett (3A) and Leo (4A) became available with Angola and DeKalb cancelling the next two weeks for quarantine after a DeKalb player tested postive. Unfortunaley for the HNAC teams looking for opponents, I would bet/guess Garret and Leo might end up playing each other this week instead. Garret could have been a good replacement opponent for either Triton or LaVille IMO.

11 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Both Garrett (3A) and Leo (4A) became available with Angola and DeKalb cancelling the next two weeks for quarantine after a DeKalb player tested postive. Unfortunaley for the HNAC teams looking for opponents, I would bet/guess Garret and Leo might end up playing each other this week instead. Garret could have been a good replacement opponent for either Triton or LaVille IMO.

Pioneer is currently in talk with Heritage Christian to replace Laville week 3.

On 8/26/2020 at 1:53 PM, NLCTigerFan07 said:

It would have been for Triton. Pretty sure LaVille and Winamac cancelled games due to positive or positive tests. 

Winamac does play North White next week.. I wonder if Itll be their senior night.

LaVille i hear should be good to go week 4 from what i hear. 

Edited by TheStatGuy