Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC Week 2

8 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Some very interesting games this week....all these new matchups in the area are really good for football and fun to watch.

I'm a little shocked John Harrell has HH winning 56-0 over TC, last years HH team didn't beat them that bad...

The Picks are in:

1. Forest Park - The Rangers coming off their biggest win a few years should have more than enough to handle the  Lionel and the Commodores.

2. North Posey - Vikings will be able to conquer the Tigers and Coach Schenk will be satisfied with a victory over his former team.

3. Heritage Hills - Tell City has a good football team, but something tells me the Pats will be fired up and take out their frustrations on the Men of Tell.

4. Mt. Vernon - After their big win over HH, which hadn't been done this century, the Cats shouldn't have too much trouble with the Rebs.

5. Pike Central - Chargers will get their first W in a long time and there will be a party at Fish Hut Pizza!

6. Southridge - Pioneers have a very good running attack, but the Raiders will be geared to stop the run.  Expect a close one, but Ill take the Ridge.

7. Whiteland - Much respect to the Titans for their schedule, but Whiteland just defeated Columbus East.  Whiteland wins big!

FP- I know nothing but especially know nothing about Perry Central.  

NP- No way Princeton wins.  

HH- I can't imagine Heritage Hills drops two in a row.

MV- South Spencer need not show up.  

T- This is a toss up, I'm taking the home team.

B - I'm picking Boonville at home.   

W - Hopefully GS can show improvement from last week.  The season is a marathon not a sprint.  Hopefully this will be a respectful outcome.and not another blow out.  What happened at Columbus is certainly not what we are used to in the Hart era.    

Edited by GS Titan 78

Forest Park will pound Perry Central

NP wins big

HH-TC To close to call, but if I must I'll say HH.  HH gave one away it shouldn't have and TC thumped PC, should be interesting.

MV in a landslide

Pike just because they are a PAC school

Booneville-SR Another to close to call game, but if I must SR.  I give the edge to the Raiders because of the two, SR might have the better D

Whiteland  Sorry GS faithful I hate to go against the conference, but I think this is a very good Whiteland team!!

FP will win by as many as they like

NP by a few scores

HH by a few scores--we have to right the ship, things looked bad last week. This may be closer than many think.  Line problems, timing on pitches....all must be corrected this week (i could go on but not the purpose 🙂 )  

MV by a bunch--offense is not great, but good.  Defense is really good

Pike Central and Tecumseh...this might be a good game.  I'll take Tecumseh

I hate to pick Boonville over my friends at SR...Boonville has some horsepower

Whiteland by as many as they like.  I would love to see a miracle here, but just ain't gonna happen.

I see the comments about Whiteland and sure they might be a good Whiteland team....I’m just not sure it’s going to be one of those where they can name the score.  GS can move the ball and did so vs Columbus North. 

the problem GS had was they couldn’t stop the run....which is where Whiteland succeeds. 

don’t be surprised if this is a higher scoring game. Uphill battle for Gs for sure though. Can’t give up 300/400 rushing yards and expect to win lol. That just doesn’t happen 

I know the predictions threads are always popular and keep members coming back to post - but honestly,  with the COVID protocols, who really the heck knows? A team could be without potential starters and/or key back-ups for a game or 2...but should make for some interesting banter as the season goes along...

At least we're out there playing! 

14 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I see the comments about Whiteland and sure they might be a good Whiteland team....I’m just not sure it’s going to be one of those where they can name the score.  GS can move the ball and did so vs Columbus North. 

the problem GS had was they couldn’t stop the run....which is where Whiteland succeeds. 

don’t be surprised if this is a higher scoring game. Uphill battle for Gs for sure though. Can’t give up 300/400 rushing yards and expect to win lol. That just doesn’t happen 

Not trying to start an a spat over this, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Titans struggle offensively last week??  Like 120 passing and less than 50 rushing??  NOt sure that is moving the ball.  Just curious..........

7 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

Not trying to start an a spat over this, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Titans struggle offensively last week??  Like 120 passing and less than 50 rushing??  NOt sure that is moving the ball.  Just curious..........

211 Passing.  

11 hours ago, jets said:

I know the predictions threads are always popular and keep members coming back to post - but honestly,  with the COVID protocols, who really the heck knows? A team could be without potential starters and/or key back-ups for a game or 2...but should make for some interesting banter as the season goes along...

At least we're out there playing! 

Interested to see how Southridge tries to contain Mockobee. It's my understanding he projects more as an ATH/WR in college, but last week was used as a RB (I assume to get the ball in his hands as much as possible). Coach Ward is no dummy when he has talent as I remember from his Corydon days, ending Coach Clayton's career in the sectional in an emotional game that saw Coach Clayton's nephew try to go with (I believe) an injured hamstring... I believe some missed kicks also factored into that. I digress.

I think this is an interesting matchup, given how long it has been since Southridge and Boonvill played (not in at least 25 years, according to John Harrell's site. I'm too lazy to click through Dan's site to see if Boonville ever played Southridge or even Huntingburg (they had football, right?).

ETA: In 1950, Boonville won at Huntingburg 12-0; still unsure if Boonville has ever played Southridge. @Bcaster may know.

34 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Interested to see how Southridge tries to contain Mockobee. It's my understanding he projects more as an ATH/WR in college, but last week was used as a RB (I assume to get the ball in his hands as much as possible). Coach Ward is no dummy when he has talent as I remember from his Corydon days, ending Coach Clayton's career in the sectional in an emotional game that saw Coach Clayton's nephew try to go with (I believe) an injured hamstring... I believe some missed kicks also factored into that. I digress.

I think this is an interesting matchup, given how long it has been since Southridge and Boonvill played (not in at least 25 years, according to John Harrell's site. I'm too lazy to click through Dan's site to see if Boonville ever played Southridge or even Huntingburg (they had football, right?).

ETA: In 1950, Boonville won at Huntingburg 12-0; still unsure if Boonville has ever played Southridge. @Bcaster may know.

image.png.ff2ba381bf8583c9dc4b66d14ef6c9f7.png

49 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

It's my understanding he projects more as an ATH/WR in college

Don't have any idea what position he will play in college, noticed Rivals has him listed as a DB and 247 as an ATH. 

49 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

last week was used as a RB

I could be wrong but he has been used as a RB most during his career at Boonville, I'm sure they have moved him around but RB is his primary position.  I have read where 4 of his last 6 games he has rushed for over 200 yards!

Edited by Cappy

Just now, Patriot 74 said:

Gotcha!!!  Somewhere it was printed 120 something.  I wasn't sure exactly.  Thanks for the clarification

We would move the chains...stall...move the chains...stall.  But man did we get some great tape we wouldn't have gotten in the old schedule!!  

Just now, Titan32 said:

We would move the chains...stall...move the chains...stall.  But man did we get some great tape we wouldn't have gotten in the old schedule!!  

I definitely think it is important to play competition, it always makes you better.  However, at what point is it a detriment to your team?  Kudos, to GS for scheduling biggest schools, not everyone would do that, just wondering if they have too many big schools.

11 minutes ago, CheapSeats said:

I definitely think it is important to play competition, it always makes you better.  However, at what point is it a detriment to your team?  Kudos, to GS for scheduling biggest schools, not everyone would do that, just wondering if they have too many big schools.

No doubt there is a balancing act...but physically we were just fine Friday.  Brady was only put on the ground one time...our Oline is very good.  For the record I was always a big advocate on here over the years that HH and GS were just fine with their schedules (typically arguing with our SIAC friends who typically believe they have the toughest schedule in the universe), and I still stand by that.  You can be successful in the tournament with the old PAC schedule, it has been done many times.  That said.....I think there are a few advantages to "playing up" in terms of preparation.  We were able to coach a lot of things we wouldn't have normally been able to coach after a typical week 1.  There is no doubt that score will have some of the teams in Big School PAC conference licking their chops...asking themselves....is GS down?  It might be dangerous to underestimate the Titans in the second half of this season.

Edited by Titan32

38 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

No doubt there is a balancing act...but physically we were just fine Friday.  Brady was only put on the ground one time...our Oline is very good.  For the record I was always a big advocate on here over the years that HH and GS were just fine with their schedules (typically arguing with our SIAC friends who typically believe they have the toughest schedule in the universe), and I still stand by that.  You can be successful in the tournament with the old PAC schedule, it has been done many times.  That said.....I think there are a few advantages to "playing up" in terms of preparation.  We were able to coach a lot of things we wouldn't have normally been able to coach after a typical week 1.  There is no doubt that score will have some of the teams in Big School PAC conference licking their chops...asking themselves....is GS down?  It might be dangerous to underestimate the Titans in the second half of this season.

Very good points.  I don't think anyone is sleeping on GS, if so they are mistaken.  Columbus North is always known for being physical and Whiteland is very good at misdirection plays.  Its definitely good experience for the Titans!   Hope everyone stays healthy on and off the field, so we can keep this season going!