Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC Week 2

2 minutes ago, CheapSeats said:

Very good points.  I don't think anyone is sleeping on GS, if so they are mistaken.  Columbus North is always known for being physical and Whiteland is very good at misdirection plays.  Its definitely good experience for the Titans!   Hope everyone stays healthy on and off the field, so we can keep this season going!

We are lucky to be playing here in Indiana...keep reminding myself of that.

• Like 3

To add on to what T32 has said, I believe GS had 10 or so drives and only 2 were 3 and outs. But otherwise we basically moved the ball 25 on average before stalling. And I don’t even want to know how many dropped passes there were that would be put us in CN territory.

outcome probably doesn’t change and you can’t get away from the fact that they ran for nearly 400 yards...but the offense will probably be just fine going forward as they continue to mesh and get the chemistry.  That’s why I say I wouldn’t be surprised if the game is more high scoring. Hopefully not. Would like to not see Whiteland running at will lol

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

No doubt there is a balancing act...but physically we were just fine Friday.  Brady was only put on the ground one time...our Oline is very good.  For the record I was always a big advocate on here over the years that HH and GS were just fine with their schedules (typically arguing with our SIAC friends who typically believe they have the toughest schedule in the universe), and I still stand by that.  You can be successful in the tournament with the old PAC schedule, it has been done many times.  That said.....I think there are a few advantages to "playing up" in terms of preparation.  We were able to coach a lot of things we wouldn't have normally been able to coach after a typical week 1.  There is no doubt that score will have some of the teams in Big School PAC conference licking their chops...asking themselves....is GS down?  It might be dangerous to underestimate the Titans in the second half of this season.

If GS would go 1-3 to start the year, I dont think many people who actually know football will sit back and say, maybe they arent very good this season.  Big time difference in 5A and 6A football than 3A. Kudos to them for playing the schedule they do.  Iron sharpens iron, and i'm sure GS will know ALOT more about themselves after 4 weeks than the majority of of teams.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 2017statechamps said:

If GS would go 1-3 to start the year, I dont think many people who actually know football will sit back and say, maybe they arent very good this season.  Big time difference in 5A and 6A football than 3A. Kudos to them for playing the schedule they do.  Iron sharpens iron, and i'm sure GS will know ALOT more about themselves after 4 weeks than the majority of of teams.

Exactly. 

And many of us have to recognize that for the previous 8 years GS has opened the season with an average of like 56-6 victory over forest Park and about the same vs south Spencer...in games where the score was 28/35-0 in the 2nd quarter and still growing...we have been so accustomed to GS starting the season strong that it’s surprising to see a loss before week 4

3 minutes ago, RangerMan said:

I'm trying to read between the lines here, but I think you're saying Columbus North and Whiteland are better competition for Gibson, than FP and SS??  haha

GOOD LUCK to the Titans this year! 

You guys look good this year Ranger man!!

I know if I was a FP coach/player, i'm ok getting GS off the week 1 schedule.  Just hard to learn much about yourself when the game is over by the half.  I know its only one game/week, but week 1 sets the tone for the season.  While it was ugly if you only look at the score, GS is probably just fine with the result if you look at the big picture and FP is happy too.  Win-win for both teams with the schedule change.

3 hours ago, RangerMan said:

I'm trying to read between the lines here, but I think you're saying Columbus North and Whiteland are better competition for Gibson, than FP and SS??  haha

GOOD LUCK to the Titans this year! 

Lol I’m just saying in the grand scheme of things for a smaller team looking to build momentum to start a season, having GS was rough. Would have at least been better as a mid to late season game but week 1 was rough. 

Glad we have the new PAC where teams have the flexibility for their schedules.  Also gives some of the smaller schools a chance to develop a tradition.  Especially for a team like pike central who has just been down for a bit and wasn’t given much of a chance to get some enthusiasm to get more kids out playing. 

I personally think the small PAC is going to be the most fun to watch as I think that there will be more competition and say over a 10 year period there could be 4/5 conference champions.  

43 minutes ago, Alduflux said:

What is the current protocol for each PAC school regarding fan attendance?  Are tickets available at the gate?

For Gibson southern vs Whiteland. All tickets must be purchased ahead of time. No sales at the gate. 

50% capacity is allowed right now.  400 tickets remain and they go on sale tomorrow at 8am. 

I have to imagine that most of this season there will be no gate sales and it will be a “purchase in advance” thing the week of the games

HH got 230 tickets total from Tell City for this week.  We gave each player 3 tickets  and each cheerleader 2 tickets.   Starting tomorrow morning at 9am ticket sales start to the public with less than 100 tickets remaining.  It will be week to week on the amount received with the different capacities in stadiums and county guidelines. 

Edited by HereComesTheBoom

43 minutes ago, Titandad71 said:

any info on live video streams for any of these games?

Honestly the best bet may be to check the school you are playing Facebook or Twitter pages. If they have a stream they will probably post it on social media. 

Got a little sneak peek at Gibson Southern from week 1 against CN.   Not only will Gibson be just fine, they are very good.  At times, they moved the ball on a very good CN team.  Gibson is physical up front on both sides, and has athletes at the receiver position.  Right now, they are the best team in the PAC.  Playing this schedule will definitely help them as the season goes on......if the season goes on. 

4 hours ago, Reb08 said:

Got a little sneak peek at Gibson Southern from week 1 against CN.   Not only will Gibson be just fine, they are very good.  At times, they moved the ball on a very good CN team.  Gibson is physical up front on both sides, and has athletes at the receiver position.  Right now, they are the best team in the PAC.  Playing this schedule will definitely help them as the season goes on......if the season goes on. 

I personally appreciate your vote of confidence in GS being the best in the PAC but I'm not ready to anoint them nor should you.  Are we a good team and will we be fine?  Sure we will.  So will SR, HH, MV and Boonville.  Its way to early as this will probably not be decided until late in the season.  They should finish the season if everyone follows protocol.  Princeton and Washington are the only ones that can be judged at this point and they have zero chance.  Just my opinion.       

Edited by GS Titan 78

4 hours ago, GS Titan 78 said:

I personally appreciate your vote of confidence in GS being the best in the PAC but I'm not ready to anoint them nor should you.  Are we a good team and will we be fine?  Sure we will.  So will SR, HH, MV and Boonville.  Its way to early as this will probably not be decided until late in the season.  They should finish the season if everyone follows protocol.  Princeton and Washington are the only ones that can be judged at this point and they have zero chance.  Just my opinion.       

If Princeton and Washington are the only ones that can be judged at this point then you still feel that Pike Central has a chance?