• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SW Indiana Freshman and JV News

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 3:24 PM, Titan32 said:

Gibson Southern Fr 34

Columbus North  Fr 12

Gibson Southern JV 22     

Columbus North JV 34        

Long haul for a JV game... What was the time and mileage? Do you go to I-64 to I-65, or now with I-69 is it better just to head north and cut over south of Bloomington (I forget the road).

51 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Long haul for a JV game... What was the time and mileage? Do you go to I-64 to I-65, or now with I-69 is it better just to head north and cut over south of Bloomington (I forget the road).

I believe the JV/Freshman games were played at GS. But those who attended the varsity game would know the travel times 

52 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

They came to us for the Freshman and JV games on Saturday morning.  I can tell you when we went up there for the varsity game in the charter buses we took 64 to 65.  

1 minute ago, Titan32 said:

They came to us for the Freshman and JV games on Saturday morning.  I can tell you when we went up there for the varsity game in the charter buses we took 64 to 65.  

I took 252 to 69 on they way home, I didn't time it but we stopped to eat at Freddies and still beat the buses home.

• 2 weeks later...

@DaveMosbey I know you keep us updated on the lower levels on your site http://hhqbclub.com/history, but could you please share HH's Freshman and JV scores for us who are too lazy to click back and forth? Please. I'll buy you a Patriot Dog and Diet Mt Dew at the next HH game I'm able to attend (maybe basketball this year... I anticipate being home Dec 20-Jan 6 for the holidays for the first time in two years). I really want to see Sisley and Sherri in action, and catch up with several others.

4 hours ago, sr1 said:

Freshman year

Southridge 18

Gibson Southern 8

Interesting. I was thinking about this after seeing the other thread about success at younger years vs the same school systems being an indicator for the future. 

it would seem to at least hold true here. 

obviously a lot still plays into this but interesting none the less 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

On 9/23/2020 at 12:28 PM, hhpatriot04 said:

@DaveMosbey I know you keep us updated on the lower levels on your site http://hhqbclub.com/history, but could you please share HH's Freshman and JV scores for us who are too lazy to click back and forth? Please. I'll buy you a Patriot Dog and Diet Mt Dew at the next HH game I'm able to attend (maybe basketball this year... I anticipate being home Dec 20-Jan 6 for the holidays for the first time in two years). I really want to see Sisley and Sherri in action, and catch up with several others.

Scherry graduated but Sisley will still be here and fun to watch. 😃

13 hours ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Scherry graduated but Sisley will still be here and fun to watch. 😃

Oh I had in my head he was a junior last year, maybe because he didn't get to play b his final baseball season. It is great that Simon and Crews will get to play baseball together at UE. Crews played summer ball and the hamstring seems to be close to healthy. He's seemingly been in college for six years, but made the most of it and is on track to get his masters, according to Mike.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Football Fanatic said:

I saw that the Reitz freshmen beat Castle last night 38-16 to remain undefeated. Talented group. I was told they will have a week off before they will play GS freshmen, which will be another good matchup.

Currently the GS freshman team has Boonville 10/1 and HH 10/6, so I'm not sure we'll schedule another game that week.  We do have an opening the week of the 12th, perhaps that's when they are working on scheduling it(?).  I'm not sure on the inner workings, so it could certainly be any time.  I would be eager to see a Reitz/GS matchup, and I think it will make for an exciting game.  Like most everyone else, we're just happy to be playing football right now.  Several of our kids waiting in the wings through MS football have stepped up across the board to fill in for starters that have left the team or have been out this season for various reasons (like many 2020 programs, to be sure), and it's been great to see them get the opportunity to show they can be successful in those spots.  We also lost one of our go-to playmakers to varsity, so it's been weird not seeing him out there.  But as we like to say out here in the corn fields... Next Titan Up!  I hope Reitz/GS can get something worked out!

On 9/23/2020 at 11:28 AM, hhpatriot04 said:

Just read this not on the GID as much as I use to. We have a talented Sophomore Class  but with so many of them playing varsity the JV record has taken a hit.

7th  4-1
Beat Boonville 38-26
Beat Southridge 32-6
Beat Jasper 14-8
Beat Pike Central 44-0
North Posey Canceled
Lost Washington 14-6 

8th 4-2
Lost Boonville 16-6
Beat Southridge 30-0
Beat Jasper 14-8
Lost North Posey 30-8
Beat Pike Central 48-0
Beat Washington 34-0

Freshman 1-3
Lost Floyd Central 23-7
Lost Jasper 31-6
Beat Boonville 28-0
Lost Lincoln 22-20

JV 2-3
Lost Mount Vernon 13-0
Beat Tell City 41-0
Lost Boonville 26-20
Beat South Spencer 30-0
Lost North Posey 14-13

20 hours ago, gahoosierfan said:

Vincennes Fr 22

Heritage H Fr 20

Haven’t heard how the frosh fared against Castle a week ago. Any info? They were able to handle Central 22-6 back on Sept. 10th. Freshman and 8th grade should be a fun group to watch. 8th grade is 5-0.

Lincoln JV meanwhile on a 3 game skid after a 2-0 start.

Sept 7- Loss 34-0 to MD

Sept 14- Loss 35-12 to Central

Sept 21- Loss 48-6 to Castle