Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SW Indiana Freshman and JV News

On 9/26/2020 at 6:56 AM, DaveMosbey said:

Just read this not on the GID as much as I use to. We have a talented Sophomore Class  but with so many of them playing varsity the JV record has taken a hit.

I believe 16 quarters (special teams don't count) is the requirement for a varsity letter. How many sophomores do you expect will achieve that this year? (Most years it's 3-6...)

On 9/27/2020 at 7:22 AM, hhpatriot04 said:

I believe 16 quarters (special teams don't count) is the requirement for a varsity letter. How many sophomores do you expect will achieve that this year? (Most years it's 3-6...)

I think that quarter requirement varies from school to school.

• Like 2

On 9/27/2020 at 7:22 AM, hhpatriot04 said:

Other then Brenden Chew, Skyler Staples and Shane Staples I honestly cant cant tell you.

On 10/2/2020 at 10:12 AM, Esso Ayche said:

Gibson Southern Fr 54

Boonville Fr 0

GS offense ran 11 plays from scrimmage and saw 3rd down once.

Insane stat if true. GS freshmen seem to be on a roll, I think they will be in good hands in the coming years as well. Last I heard, Reitz freshmen will have MD this Thursday and then GS next week. Real chance for them to win city and go undefeated in doing so, but those will be two tall tasks remaining. Not sure on the location of either game. 

1 hour ago, Football Fanatic said:

Insane stat if true. GS freshmen seem to be on a roll, I think they will be in good hands in the coming years as well. Last I heard, Reitz freshmen will have MD this Thursday and then GS next week. Real chance for them to win city and go undefeated in doing so, but those will be two tall tasks remaining. Not sure on the location of either game. 

Are any of the Reitz freshman playing up (ie not playing freshman football at all)?

1 minute ago, Titan32 said:

Are any of the Reitz freshman playing up (ie not playing freshman football at all)?

Not that you asked but... All the North Posey freshmen are playing JV 🙂 along with the 5 or 6 sophomores we have and occasionally a junior.

11 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I actually knew that.  Do what you have the numbers to do!

Poor people have poor ways...

12 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I actually knew that.  Do what you have the numbers to do!

I may be at Gibson tomorrow night for our 8th grade game. Been a fun group to watch, so I’m trying to catch as many games as I can

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

I think they have a couple really good freshmen that recently began playing varsity but nothing further than that. Based on their updated roster, it looks like it's just Roland Vera and Hayden Summers, both of which I've heard really good things about. If I had to guess, they are probably still playing in the remaining freshmen games.

3 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

I think they have a couple really good freshmen that recently began playing varsity but nothing further than that. Based on their updated roster, it looks like it's just Roland Vera and Hayden Summers, both of which I've heard really good things about. If I had to guess, they are probably still playing in the remaining freshmen games.

We lost Sean DeLong to varsity and he hasn't played in any freshman games.

36 minutes ago, tango said:

That's what I said too..  I expected it the other way around.  I heard you guys got us in 7th in a squeaker.   

top 4 guys were contact traced out for that game including Klem the sequel....he looks like a grown man.  I was surprised we came away with it, but lots of depth in that group.

12 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

True.

Obviously not an outcome that either team desires.  Boonville looked like they had size and speed out there, but some untimely mistakes let GS get way ahead in the first half.  I think that may have brought BV morale down and impacted their second half performance.  I look forward to seeing Boonville's 2024 squad build and improve in JV and varsity. It looked like they have good numbers in that class and I think they can get that trajectory moving upwards.

On 10/7/2020 at 12:00 PM, Football Fanatic said:

Reitz and GS Frosh not playing now for some reason.

8 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Gibson Southern Freshman football defeats North Knox JV 28-22.

Gibson Southern JV football defeats Princeton 64-0.

Thanks to the Gibson Southern folks for playing us...we have had to look hard for games this year...It was a very competitive game...good luck to the varsity for the rest of the season.  I honestly thought you guys would show up with like 30 kids...have some very talented freshman...our team was about half and half freshman/sophomores...

• Like 1