Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Brownsburg vs. Cincinnati St. Xavier

2 hours ago, FridayNightLights said:

I want a CG vs Bburg matchup 

CG would beat Brownsburg easily. 

St. X completely gave that game away.  And outplayed them throughout. 

They either did not prepare themselves well during the week (with all the cramping) or were not in the best of shape to play 4 quarters.  Or possibly both.  

6 hours ago, PhilLee said:

They either did not prepare themselves well during the week (with all the cramping) or were not in the best of shape to play 4 quarters.  Or possibly both.  

As for a CG vs Brownsburg match-up hopefully we will get to see that come tournament time. Still early in the season.

As for not preparing keep in mind this was St. X's first game (they also had a scrimmage) and Brownsburg's second game (they also had a scrimmage. You are more likely to see more mistakes in your first game than you typically would. As far as cramping and not being in the best of shape. I think you will see that from a lot of teams. With Covid-19 and restrictions teams haven't been together conditioning. It has been done on the players own time. These are teenage kids and sometimes without the push they may or may not do the conditioning on their own,

6 hours ago, PhilLee said:

Brownsburg does have a good team but wasn't blown away by anything they did. QB looked very shaky at times with accuracy. 

I personally (as an outside observer) think Brownsburg made 2 mistakes early in the game. The first is they kept solely trying to throw deep to #1 on any long distance downs while the underneath was there. In the first half there were very little passes targeted to any other WR than #1. The second was when they tried running zone to the play side they would be dropped for a loss. When they ran cutback away from the play side they were having much more success. There were a couple of times in the redzone if they would not have ran playside they probably wouldn't have been bogged down.

Just based on this, I think if they played 10 times, X would probably win 7-8. But they only play once, and you’ve got to tip your cap to B-burg. They never stopped playing hard and sometimes, if you’re talented like they are, that’s enough. Great effort by the Bulldogs, and it was rewarded.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bobref said:

Just based on this, I think if they played 10 times, X would probably win 7-8. But they only play once, and you’ve got to tip your cap to B-burg. They never stopped playing hard and sometimes, if you’re talented like they are, that’s enough. Great effort by the Bulldogs, and it was rewarded.

You always favor the Ohio teams in these matchups

Homer

18 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

Like to see pioneer vs brownsburg

Are u kidding me?  Did u watch that game?  That’s Brownsburg by 40.... at halftime  

31 minutes ago, Grover said:

If that is the tall receiver I believe he is going to Penn State.

MLb for st x.  Kids a stud. 

15 hours ago, PhilLee said:

I’d take Brownsburg over Cg straight up

18 hours ago, Bobref said:

🤣😂😆

Brownsburg by 40.... at half

2 hours ago, btownqbcoach said:

That was #2. #9 had to be 6'2 230 and could flat out run. Very Micah McFadden ish. 

After some internet stalking....or uh...digging its Matthew Devine. Sr. List himself as 6' 220. Last offer was July 20th from Dayton per his active Twitter. So under the radar currently. Maybe last night will lead to more offers. 

3 hours ago, WWFan said:

After some internet stalking....or uh...digging its Matthew Devine. Sr. List himself as 6' 220. Last offer was July 20th from Dayton per his active Twitter. So under the radar currently. Maybe last night will lead to more offers. 

I was ultra impressed. 

On 8/30/2020 at 12:46 AM, Footballking16 said:

Yikes.

That was a colossal choke job by St. X. Usually a very fundamentally sound and well-coached team. That was painful.

Brownsburg is a very good team , maybe the best in Indiana .  I don't see them beating St X if X had a game under there belt like Brownsburg did .I wouldn't call it a ST X choke job , I would call it 1st game mistakes .  Teams improve the most between games 1 and 2 . Was very impressed with Brownsburg though .