Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Latest Cases Effecting Teams

16 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

really dont need another thread when the pinned thread should cover it... "List of canceled and newly scheduled games"  https://gridirondigest.net/topic/2881-list-of-canceled-and-newly-scheduled-games/

I do think this a different question. There are teams playing games that are missing a significant number of contributors. Springs Valley is  playing with basically their entire Junior class quarantined. Not all schools cancel just because they're in a bad situation. Amazes me some of the big schools that are cancelling. Surely they can play. It may not be with the 11 on the field that you want, but that's not always the point.

10 minutes ago, JQWL said:

I do think this a different question. There are teams playing games that are missing a significant number of contributors. Springs Valley is  playing with basically their entire Junior class quarantined. Not all schools cancel just because they're in a bad situation. Amazes me some of the big schools that are cancelling. Surely they can play. It may not be with the 11 on the field that you want, but that's not always the point.

Winamac cancelled the pioneer game with only 3 players in quarantine.. While the volleyball which has 2 had their first game back last night. 

Edited by TheStatGuy

2 hours ago, Gipper said:

It’s quite a situation: the cases nationwide are going down  (per Fox News), but so much for teams as the Cardinals snd Mets in MLB and Notre Dame football (and my guess there are many more teams).  What are we doing wrong?

There are people who still refuse to wear masks, social distance, and wash their hands.  How hard is that for people to understand?  Ohio State suspended 228 students due to corona virus contact violations.  Something to do with having parties and gatherings.   Here in Indiana Holcomb was is was mandatory to wear masks in public but you won[t get fined or arrested if you are caught not wearing one.  So what's the point then gov?

• Like 2
  • Disdain 1

52 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

There are people who still refuse to wear masks, social distance, and wash their hands.  How hard is that for people to understand?  Ohio State suspended 228 students due to corona virus contact violations.  Something to do with having parties and gatherings.   Here in Indiana Holcomb was is was mandatory to wear masks in public but you won[t get fined or arrested if you are caught not wearing one.  So what's the point then gov?

This is one of those “you’re suppose to return the shopping carts to where they belong” things. 

will anything happen if you don’t? Nope. But what does it say if you refuse to and just leave it in a parking spot 

at least that is my thoughts on it lol. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

This is one of those “you’re suppose to return the shopping carts to where they belong” things. 

will anything happen if you don’t? Nope. But what does it say if you refuse to and just leave it in a parking spot 

https://scoop.upworthy.com/viral-shopping-cart-theory-determines-moral-character

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I attribute the union workers who refuse to wear masks or social distance as typical union resistance mentality to any directive which is not covered in the collective bargaining agreement.

2 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

It's an election year.  Have a mask mandate but don't enforce it.  This will make a majority of voters happy.  Public health and personal responsibility aren't important.  

25 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Yes this thing 

I'm going to apply this in my classroom tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Hey guys. I’m not here to talk the ins and outs of Covid and mask mandates. We all know What’s going on and this and that 

I’m simply asking people to put their shopping carts back where they go so they don’t roll into someone else’s car. 😉😉😉

Drives me absolutely insane! Especially when the cart return is within a 10 second walk. Those people are the same ones who throw their McDonalds trash and lit cigarettes in the parking lot or ding doors. Obnoxious! And my wife criticizes me for being too picky with the spots I take.

mark wahlberg no GIF by Daddy's Home

Edited by Boilernation
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

Winamac cancelled the pioneer game with only 3 players in quarantine.. While the volleyball which has 2 had their first game back last night. 

it's not the number of kids in quarantine.  It's the fact we didn't get to practice for 10 days.  Don't talk about things when you don't know all the facts!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So, Notre Dame has rented apartments and hotel rooms to keep the quarantined students in.

So today it was reported ND has hired security for every entrance 24 hours a day

Why?

These kids were going out into the public (bars, stores, friends etc)

Consequences:  You can be expelled from ND

43 minutes ago, Howe said:

image.thumb.png.cc1351d2f52aede4386217e5975fa989.png

image.png.2f74830307a811c0bc3c2c9d87d6f693.png

image.png.5e0a27004607577bc96c1cbd444252ad.png

I don't generally look for facts in Facebook memes but, the U.S. tried the herd immunity thing for 2 months before much of the country locked down in March. 180,000 deaths later and it hasn't kicked in yet for everyone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JQWL said:

I don't generally look for facts in Facebook memes but, the U.S. tried the herd immunity thing for 2 months before much of the country locked down in March. 180,000 deaths later and it hasn't kicked in yet for everyone.

The U.S. has never "tried the her immunity thing". The "experts" and media said "the coronavirus was no threat to Americans" and downplayed the coronavirus until mid March.

Herd immunity is why our plant has had no further spread of the coronavirus for the past 110 days despite 800-900 union workers who refuse to wear masks or social distance while working 10 hour shifts 6-7 days per week. Hundreds play cards in groups of four at picnic tables every day. No one is more than two feet away from the other three and no one is wearing a mask.

Edited by Howe
  • Disdain 1

23 minutes ago, Howe said:

The U.S. has never "tried the her immunity thing". The "experts" and media said "the coronavirus was no threat to Americans" and downplayed the coronavirus until mid March.

Herd immunity is why our plant has had no further spread of the coronavirus for the past 110 days despite 800-900 union workers who refuse to wear masks or social distance while working 10 hour shifts 6-7 days per week. Hundreds play cards in groups of four at picnic tables every day. No one is more than two feet away from the other three and no one is wearing a mask.

sounds like quite the workforce you have there.