Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Penn @ East Noble - Week 4 - 9/11/2020

Per the Penn athletics Twitter account, the Kingsmen will travel to banks of Bixler Lake in Kendallville and take on East Noble.

The Penn game against Cincinnati St. Xavier was cancelled. I haven't seen what caused East Noble to drop conference opponent DeKalb. I know DeKalb and Angola both announced 14 day quarantines, but didn't think that would go into Week 4.

3 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Per the Penn athletics Twitter account, the Kingsmen will travel to banks of Bixler Lake in Kendallville and take on East Noble.

The Penn game against Cincinnati St. Xavier was cancelled. I haven't seen what caused East Noble to drop conference opponent DeKalb. I know DeKalb and Angola both announced 14 day quarantines, but didn't think that would go into Week 4.

14 days no practice means 10 days of practice before they can play maybe?

• 2 weeks later...

Just my own opinion, I definitely believe East Noble can make this a game and even potentially win it. Penn is down this year, but still a strong program. Yes Valpo and Cathedral are strong opponents, but LaPorte is not very good so the Kingsmen victory there doesn't say much.

I could easily see this turning into a defensive slugfest similar to the Penn/Valpo and East Noble/NorthWood games. Hoping it's a good one!

• Like 1

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/penn-kingsmen-(mishawaka,in)/football/standings.htm

Perusing the roster, Penn does  not look to have much size.  And how did the Penn staff not develop Ron Powlus?  At 6-3, 225lbs with a rocket arm, youd thunk we would be talking about a high school All American with a bright major college and nfl future.  

What happened with Powlus?  Why didint it work out?  Was his dad a hindrance relative to his development?   Was the Penn staff incapable of developeing a high quality QB on their own?

9 hours ago, DT said:

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/penn-kingsmen-(mishawaka,in)/football/standings.htm

Perusing the roster, Penn does  not look to have much size.  And how did the Penn staff not develop Ron Powlus?  At 6-3, 225lbs with a rocket arm, youd thunk we would be talking about a high school All American with a bright major college and nfl future.  

What happened with Powlus?  Why didint it work out?  Was his dad a hindrance relative to his development?   Was the Penn staff incapable of developeing a high quality QB on their own?

Or sometimes the apple falls a little farther from the tree.

10 hours ago, DT said:

53 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Or sometimes the apple falls a little farther from the tree.

Pretty sure he was injured last year and had ankle surgery prior to the Homewood-Floosemoor. At least I think that is what I read. 

I also read a story he was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at 9 years old but doesn't let it slow him down. Sounds like a great kid from what I've seen and read. He has some offers from colleges, I am sure it didn't help him missing time to injury last year. Perhaps more offers will come in as this season rolls on.

12 hours ago, DT said:

Who are some players to watch for Penn?  No stats on MaxPreps to go on

On 9/10/2020 at 8:49 PM, DT said:

The issue is not Powlus, for the last three seasons Penn cannot stop a leaking faucet.  The Oline cannot handle 5+ man blitzes and at times cannot even block the three or four down linemen in front of them.  Powlus can deliver the ball....he just cannot stay upright.  

The QB before Powlus, Lynch could have been something special.  However, he pursued his baseball career.

2 hours ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

The issue is not Powlus, for the last three seasons Penn cannot stop a leaking faucet.  The Oline cannot handle 5+ man blitzes and at times cannot even block the three or four down linemen in front of them.  Powlus can deliver the ball....he just cannot stay upright.  

The QB before Powlus, Lynch could have been something special.  However, he pursued his baseball career.

I agree on Lynch when he played early he looked like something special.

4 hours ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

Is this current staff out of touch with today's game?