Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Chicago Bears 2019/2020

Coach Nowlin

Kickers man:    Though it was "tipped" and not one play defines the game (gotta score more than 1 time in playoffs) a 12 win season and hosting a playoff game far exceeded any and all expectations even from the most optimistic of fans, (which is me)  

Enter Chuck Pagano for Fangio who took the Denver HC job.  

Love to hear from the Colts fans, what I have gathered thus far, very well respected, doesn't hold players accountable as a HC, he will be taking over a VERY talented Defensive Squad,  hope he still has the chops.  

Draft 2019:  First pick is in 3rd round.   

loved how Nagy today made it perfectly clear that he did not appreciate Parkey going on the TODAY show on Friday, just 5 days after he failed to do his job 

Watching over and over again, the TIpped ball is what made it the upright, if he wasn't tipped that bad boy was sailing wide left

Agree Coach Handley:   Lots to look forward to still:  Pagano just doesn't need to screw it up:   Fangio was SO good at adjusting on the fly .   Big shoes to fill 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, CoachHandley said:

Bears sign a kicker who has never kicked in the NFL. Can't wait to see Chicago sports fans go ham on his last name..... "BLEWITT"

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26154410/bears-sign-blewitt-help-kicking-woes-really

Ughh.  The 49ers effectively flipped the Bears the bird by franchising Robbie Gould, although they could work out a trade.  Unlikely though, I don't think the Bears organization/owners are wiling to to spend big money on a kicker.

Some interesting scenarios here:  https://beargoggleson.com/2019/03/04/chicago-bears-attempt-trade-robbie-gould/

The Bears have two seventh round picks and you would have to think Chicago wouldn’t hesitate to move a seventh rounder for Gould. However, is it worth it for the 49ers to trade Gould for a seventh rounder? Odds are that pick won’t pan out. A sixth rounder would probably be considered but the Bears don’t have one.

The Bears do have a fifth round pick. That’s probably something the 49ers wouldn’t hesitate to do. But would the Bears pay that kind of Price for Gould? The franchise tag value for Gould is roughly $5 million, plus the $3.5 million to Parkey plus a fifth round pick? That is a serious commitment to the kicking position but if the Bears trade for Gould, they could work out a contract that lessens his cap hit in 2019.

Gould doesn’t have much interest in staying in San Francisco. His family still lives in Chicago and he lives in a hotel in San Francisco during the football season. A return to Chicago is a perfect fit for Gould, but the franchise tag is preventing that from happening.

If the Bears want a sure thing, they’ll have to pay a pretty penny. Odds are, for a kicker, Ryan Pace won’t be willing to do that and if that’s the case, the Bears will most likely have an open competition for two or three young kickers and go from there.

• Like 1

First Kyle Long now Mack and Back up QB Daniels restructure deals to free up 11 million more in Cap space.

Eddie Goldman as well restructured 

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2019/3/12/18261533/chicago-bears-create-11-million-in-cap-space-khalil-mack-contract-restructure-free-agency

I think that speaks volumes to the culture that Coach Nagy has created with Pace.   

Exciting times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

First Kyle Long now Mack and Back up QB Daniels restructure deals to free up 11 million more in Cap space.

Eddie Goldman as well restructured 

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2019/3/12/18261533/chicago-bears-create-11-million-in-cap-space-khalil-mack-contract-restructure-free-agency

I think that speaks volumes to the culture that Coach Nagy has created with Pace.   

Exciting times. 

What are they going to do with Jordan Howard? 

GB 

One would assume attempt to trade him next 2 months

One idea is to trade him for a player they like that is also almost out of contract or has a big deal in place so that money they just saved in cap space can be applied there.   

They signed Mike Davis RB Seattle to 2 year 6 million and Slot Corner Skeen from Jets.   I would like to see Callahan back as well 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

HYPE IS REAL IN CHICAGO 

After release of the schedule

I was able to sell 4 games in 20 minutes and made back my entire season plus 3 hundo 

Thank you very much 

If you sold game 1, I will disown you; even with me being a Pack fan. 🙂

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 12:48 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

Kickers man:    Though it was "tipped" and not one play defines the game (gotta score more than 1 time in playoffs) a 12 win season and hosting a playoff game far exceeded any and all expectations even from the most optimistic of fans, (which is me)  

Enter Chuck Pagano for Fangio who took the Denver HC job.  

Love to hear from the Colts fans, what I have gathered thus far, very well respected, doesn't hold players accountable as a HC, he will be taking over a VERY talented Defensive Squad,  hope he still has the chops.  

Draft 2019:  First pick is in 3rd round.   

Not a big fan of Pagano.  Colts teams have always been finesse first ballclubs.  Indy never intimidated anyone, offensively or defensively.  

Big drop in terms of coaching intensity from the old regime to the new one.  Hope these Bears don't lose their edge.  

Would have preferred Greg Schiano.

Edited by DT

Coach Nowlin.......

Who do you think the Bears will take w/ their 1st pick?

Who would you like to see them take w/ their 1st pick?

Do they have a 1st round pick this year?

I believe they take a RB in 3rd round:   Maybe a injury type fella:  Like LOVE from Standford

I like the Memphis kid:   Henderson,  Assuming Pace has a lot of film on him when scouting Anthony Miller last year 

Just now, DannEllenwood said:

Wait.........

Is this a response to me?

yes