Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Chicago Bears 2019/2020

Coach Nowlin

more toys to play with for Nagy

I was MEH on 7th round RB, but I would gladly take him over Mizzell 

Ridley in the 4th is ridiculous value

Make no mistake:   Montgomery was drafted to be the every down back,  Cohen is a gadget package player and I am so in with that too  

Love the ND FA Burr coming off an injury signing with Bears, he will make an impact in NFL 

• 3 months later...

Should be quite a year.  I'm still amazed the Bears were able to get a good coach as I think he is the goods.  I also like the Packers hiring LaFleur--they actually get along!

I consider myself more obnoxious than a meathead...

Edited by Gipper

• 1 month later...

Forest Park (Ferdinand, Ind.) and Harvard standout TE Ben Braunecker may finally get some targets if Burton is a gameday decision (groin). Braunecker is a standup guy and will have a heck of a career post-NFL, regardless. Just throw him the dang ball this year. He's much more than a special teams and blocking TE. Great hands and has suceeded in subpar HS and college programs.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/bears-feel-confident-contingency-plan-if-trey-burton-groin-injury-questionable-cant-play-against-green-bay

Your resident Packer fan here just dropping by.😬😬😬  how bout that game now?  Looks like there are 2 good defenses in the NFC north.

reading the comments. The comment on Cohen being a gadget guy is kinda on...Monty is an every down guy and Cohen effectively the slot WR replacing Miller. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Your resident Packer fan here just dropping by.😬😬😬  how bout that game now?  Looks like there are 2 good defenses in the NFC north.

reading the comments. The comment on Cohen being a gadget guy is kinda on...Monty is an every down guy and Cohen effectively the slot WR replacing Miller. 

I’m also a Packer fan.  The Bears were also a victim of their own hype.  And, yes, although the Packers do have a great defense, but Aaron and the boys need to step on the gas if they don’t want an 8-8 season.

20 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I have seller's remorse now that the game is here:   Wish we were going instead of taking the pay day.    Oh well      

NOW THIS:

Thing of beauty...

• Like 2

More like a poor-to-mediocre offense in the Bears.

IIRC correctly the announcers said that Trubinsky only played a handful of downs during the pre-season games.  I'm sorry, but unless your QB pedigree is similar to the likes of Brady, Brees, and Rodgers you need as many snaps in a game-like situation as you can get, especially for a 3rd year player like Trubinsky.   

• Like 1

I completely agree with both of you here. 

I live in Green Bay about a mile from Lambeau and have lived here for most of my life (outside of middle school and high school at Gibson Southern) so I’m tempering expectations of the packers.  I think people did sleep on the packers defense.....but not playing the starters in the preseason hurt. It took 3 quarters to get Aaron Jones to have a positive rush it seemed...passing was out of sync most of the night. Also seemed like the Packers were scared to throw it over the middle. Bears have a great defense and incredible LBs but Rodgers can make those throws.  Need more crossers and drags imo. 

Trubisky did okay imo also.  I think he made a fatal mistake staring down his receiver on the INT in the 4th and had a few others that should have been picked off but overall I think he did well within whatever scheme Nagy is calling. Nagys plays confused me and earlier on they just looked like a complete mess.  The bears strength in offense is probably up tempo short and intermediate passes with feeding Monty as time goes on.

i truly believe the packers defense asserted themselves last night. The DBs we have are very good...especially our safeties.  

• Like 1

I agree with Muda that QB1 should have been used more in the Pre-Season. The kid needs to figure it out this year or the Bears should move on. As Steve Young said last night, Mitch literally stared down his WR on that end-zone INT like a HS QB would. You can't waste a Super Bowl caliber defense on a mistake of a pick. I get that Mahomes was also a questionable Top 10 pick at the time of the draft, but I'll never understand how you TRADE UP to draft a QB that barely played in college and nobody else was coveting that early. Especially, when you could have taken a proven talent like Watson. That move will haunt Pace forever.

Gipper, you should be ashamed of yourself! Do you take the South Shore into the Chicago Loop? if so, I'm assuming you get on at the East Chicago station on Indianapolis Blvd. As punishment, you should board the train on Monday wearing a Packers jersey. 

Edited by Boilernation

I completely agree with both of you here. 

I live in Green Bay about a mile from Lambeau and have lived here for most of my life (outside of middle school and high school at Gibson Southern) so I’m tempering expectations of the packers.  I think people did sleep on the packers defense.....but not playing the starters in the preseason hurt. It took 3 quarters to get Aaron Jones to have a positive rush it seemed...passing was out of sync most of the night. Also seemed like the Packers were scared to throw it over the middle. Bears have a great defense and incredible LBs but Rodgers can make those throws.  Need more crossers and drags imo. 

Trubisky did okay imo also.  I think he made a fatal mistake staring down his receiver on the INT in the 4th and had a few others that should have been picked off but overall I think he did well within whatever scheme Nagy is calling. Nagys plays confused me and earlier on they just looked like a complete mess.  The bears strength in offense is probably up tempo short and intermediate passes with feeding Monty as time goes on.

i truly believe the packers defense asserted themselves last night. The DBs we have are very good...especially our safeties.  

A lot of my family is from the Green Bay area (De Pere and Allouez currently), I grew up in the heart of Bears and the Colts country, yet my allegiance stayed true.  It was more than obvious AR-12 was off his game due to not playing for a long time, the defense is what really stood out.

I've been through the Grossman years, the Krenzle era, the Kyle Orton era, and plenty of other below average NFL qbs. Last night may have been the most depressing game I've watched as a Bears fan. Thank God it was only 1 game, no where to go but up and that includes OL play too!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

I've been through the Grossman years, the Krenzle era, the Kyle Orton era, and plenty of other below average NFL qbs. Last night may have been the most depressing game I've watched as a Bears fan. Thank God it was only 1 game, no where to go but up and that includes OL play too!!

I texted my friend when it became evident the Bears would get one last possession and asked if we could forfeit. I had zero interest in watching the offense take the field again.

19 minutes ago, Gipper said:

A lot of my family is from the Green Bay area (De Pere and Allouez currently), I grew up in the heart of Bears and the Colts country, yet my allegiance stayed true.  It was more than obvious AR-12 was off his game due to not playing for a long time, the defense is what really stood out.

De Pere is a wonderful area of Green Bay to live. It would be my first choice to live if I could afford the houses lol. Great schools there too. 

As for AR12 I thought he did really well.  For me the big surprise came with 2 pieces. Both centered around Antony Miller.  

1) I don’t believe I heard Millers name once and don’t think he was targeted at all. 

2) Cohen lined up almost exclusively as a Slot WR and effectively benched Miller.  Cohen also didn’t get a single carry.  Granted I think Davis and Monty are good. The latter especially...but mike Davis taking numerous catches was a head scratcher. Put Cohen in the backfield and feed him carries to offset his receiving.  Keep teams honest

5 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

De Pere is a wonderful area of Green Bay to live. It would be my first choice to live if I could afford the houses lol. Great schools there too. 

As for AR12 I thought he did really well.  For me the big surprise came with 2 pieces. Both centered around Antony Miller.  

1) I don’t believe I heard Millers name once and don’t think he was targeted at all. 

2) Cohen lined up almost exclusively as a Slot WR and effectively benched Miller.  Cohen also didn’t get a single carry.  Granted I think Davis and Monty are good. The latter especially...but mike Davis taking numerous catches was a head scratcher. Put Cohen in the backfield and feed him carries to offset his receiving.  Keep teams honest

Great observations!  De Pere is a little pricey, I concur.  I was at Wolf Lake a few weeks ago--real nice.

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

I agree with Muda that QB1 should have been used more in the Pre-Season. The kid needs to figure it out this year or the Bears should move on. As Steve Young said last night, Mitch literally stared down his WR on that end-zone INT like a HS QB would. You can't waste a Super Bowl caliber defense on a mistake of a pick. I get that Mahomes was also a questionable Top 10 pick at the time of the draft, but I'll never understand how you TRADE UP to draft a QB that barely played in college and nobody else was coveting that early. Especially, when you could have taken a proven talent like Watson. That move will haunt Pace forever.

Gipper, you should be ashamed of yourself! Do you take the South Shore into the Chicago Loop? if so, I'm assuming you get on at the East Chicago station on Indianapolis Blvd. As punishment, you should board the train on Monday wearing a Packers jersey. 

I often wear my Packers gear into Chicago, doesn't phase me...

Given my location, I take Metra from University Park.  Although I have ridden the South Shore a few times, I don't really like it.