Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NIC WEEK 3

SB. Adams - The ground game will be too much for Riley to handle. Riley appeared to freelance on Friday night which will cost them several long runs. Jones goes 3-0 for the 1st time since leaving Niles. +24

Jimtown - will any of the remaining 18 Osceola Grace players show up Friday Night? Fairfield didn't take it easy and Jimtown might have their freshmen in by the end of the 1st quarter. +55

Marian- Is this Bremen Team the real deal or have they played two teams who trying to find their identity. IMO Marian takes this one big. Their secondary wont be able to keep up with Marian's skill players. +27

Glenn- Glenn closed up shop after the 1st quarter. They held Riley scoreless in the last 3 quarters. They finished with 2 INT's though us fans believe another one was robbed by the sideline ref. #16 housed a punt return and their QB broke more ankles in the 3rd quarter then Brett Hart did using his figure fore. Glenn +19

Kankakee Valley- going with Valley on this one. Washington just doesn't seem to have the fundamental locked down. Valley by +21

ELkhart- Elkhart's skill guys will sprint past Columbus. Their QB is too mobile and will be hard to contain.  He's got a decent supporting cast due to the consolidation. +17

Catherdral- just don't think Penn is good enough to hang with Cathedral. Penn loses by +21

Andrean- hand picking takes this one. Andrean by +10

Edited by TurfToe

39 minutes ago, TurfToe said:

SB. Adams - The ground game will be too much for Riley to handle. Riley appeared to freelance on Friday night which will cost them several long runs. Jones goes 3-0 for the 1st time since leaving Niles. +24

Jimtown - will any of the remaining 18 Osceola Grace players show up Friday Night? Fairfield didn't take it easy and Jimtown might have their freshmen in by the end of the 1st quarter. +55

Marian- Is this Bremen Team the real deal or have they played two teams who trying to find their identity. IMO Marian takes this one big. Their secondary wont be able to keep up with Marian's skill players. +27

Glenn- Glenn closed up shop after the 1st quarter. They held Riley scoreless in the last 3 quarters. They finished with 2 INT's though us fans believe another one was robbed by the sideline ref. #16 housed a punt return and their QB broke more ankles in the 3rd quarter then Brett Hart did using his figure fore. Glenn +19

Kankakee Valley- going with Valley on this one. Washington just doesn't seem to have the fundamental locked down. Valley by +21

ELkhart- Elkhart's skill guys will sprint past Columbus. Their QB is too mobile and will be hard to contain.  He's got a decent supporting cast due to the consolidation. +17

Catherdral- just don't think Penn is good enough to hang with Cathedral. Penn loses by +21

Andrean- hand picking takes this one. Andrean by +10

Adams

Jimtown

Marian

Glenn

KV

East

Cathedral

Andrean

4 hours ago, TurfToe said:

SB. Adams @ SB. Riley

Osceola Grace @ Jimtown

Bremen @ Marian

St. Joseph @ Glenn

Kankakee Valley @ SB Washington

Elkhart @ Columbus East

Cathedral @ Penn

New Prairie @ Andrean

Adams soundly over Riley - Adams benefiting from a very weak first 3 games. 

Jimtown crushes OG - not much to say about this one

Marian with 2 score win over Bremen - Bremen has a solid team and will have a good season. Marian is just a level above Bremen as this point in time.

Glenn over St Joe - Glad to see JG putting it together this season. They are probably one of the most underachieving programs in northern indiana. They should of consistently been at the top of the old NSC and challenged for more sectional titles. Now that the road is a little easier in the south; is this the year of the falcon? and what the hell is happening at St. Joe? 

KV sneaks by Washington - Saw the first few possessions of the Bremen-Washington game and SB Wash didn't look nearly as bad as I was expecting. did they just run out of gas or what? KV will make just enough plays to win this one.

Columbus East gets the best of Elkhart - Honestly know nothing about CE or how they match up against Elkhart. But CE has been a top program in the state for nearly 20 years. gonna go with the olympians until some other teams say otherwise.

Cathedral disposes of Penn - The GID is gonna light up when Penn gets beat by an Indy school. 

Andrean does enough to to clip NP - This is a 50/50 pick. NP defense has only given up 1 touchdown (an 80 yard run) in 8 quarters, but is their offense going to do enough to pull out the W? While the 59ers got beat soundly by likely the best team in NWI and then pounding on an extremely weak 6a school. Should be a good non-con matchup for both programs.  

On 8/29/2020 at 6:59 PM, npcougar15 said:

Marian with 2 score win over Bremen - Bremen has a solid team and will have a good season. Marian is just a level above Bremen as this point in time.

Glenn over St Joe - Glad to see JG putting it together this season. They are probably one of the most underachieving programs in northern indiana. They should of consistently been at the top of the old NSC and challenged for more sectional titles. Now that the road is a little easier in the south; is this the year of the falcon? and what the hell is happening at St. Joe? 

KV sneaks by Washington - Saw the first few possessions of the Bremen-Washington game and SB Wash didn't look nearly as bad as I was expecting. did they just run out of gas or what? KV will make just enough plays to win this one.

Columbus East gets the best of Elkhart - Honestly know nothing about CE or how they match up against Elkhart. But CE has been a top program in the state for nearly 20 years. gonna go with the olympians until some other teams say otherwise.

Cathedral disposes of Penn - The GID is gonna light up when Penn gets beat by an Indy school. 

Andrean does enough to to clip NP - This is a 50/50 pick. NP defense has only given up 1 touchdown (an 80 yard run) in 8 quarters, but is their offense going to do enough to pull out the W? While the 59ers got beat soundly by likely the best team in NWI and then pounding on an extremely weak 6a school. Should be a good non-con matchup for both programs.  

what the hell is happening at St. Joe?  You and many SJ fans are wondering the same thing.

On 8/29/2020 at 6:59 PM, npcougar15 said:

The 2nd quarter killed them.  A couple delay of games, a bad long snap set up Bremen on a short field, missed a few passes.  Bremen played clean and Washington didn't that quarter. Clean up a few things and that score was tighter.

34 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

The 2nd quarter killed them.  A couple delay of games, a bad long snap set up Bremen on a short field, missed a few passes.  Bremen played clean and Washington didn't that quarter. Clean up a few things and that score was tighter.

I was at the game, and I agree 100%. If they could find someone to snap the ball, they’d be at least 2 TDS better.

44 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

Bremen had playmaker Trevor Devine go out in the 2nd quarter with a shoulder injury. He needs to be healthy for Bremen to have a shot at keeping pace with Marian.

Bremen also had a two way lineman out for the game against Washington .  They will need both back to stay in the game with the Knights.  I like the chemistry of this Bremen team.  They always play hard and together.  They gained valuable experience last season when they were overmatched in many games.  I like he prospects of this team for the next couple of seasons.  Not a lot of depth though, so as always with a smaller school, the Lions will need to stay healthy.

2 hours ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Not much to say , I expect a beat down 45-10 Cathedral . I hope I'm wrong . Cathedral in my opinion is the best team in 5A , and top 4 in 6A . 

I have read this may be one of the better teams in quite some time.  Be a good game to watch  and see

On 8/31/2020 at 10:03 AM, MarshallCounty said:

Bremen had playmaker Trevor Devine go out in the 2nd quarter with a shoulder injury. He needs to be healthy for Bremen to have a shot at keeping pace with Marian.

Bremen is going to have difficulty keeping up with legit wideouts and a mobile QB who has a decent arm. Marian might of lost some talent on the D side. But this game will be 40-7

On 8/31/2020 at 8:50 AM, Indian72 said:

what the hell is happening at St. Joe?  You and many SJ fans are wondering the same thing.

Have you watched any games last season or this season? Look like the Ravens defense on Madden without the players actually stopping anyone. All out blitz with cover zero and the RB still breaks through for 30 🤣

On 8/29/2020 at 2:35 PM, TurfToe said:

SB. Adams @ SB. Riley

Osceola Grace @ Jimtown

Bremen @ Marian

St. Joseph @ Glenn

Kankakee Valley @ SB Washington

Elkhart @ Columbus East

Cathedral @ Penn

New Prairie @ Andrean

Adams by 15 over Riley

Jimtown by whatever they Choose 

Marian by 26 over Bremen

St Joe over Glenn by 6

Washington gets by KV by 4

CE over Elkhart by 6

Cathedral by 21 over Penn

NP by 5 over Andrean 

Anyone have info on Osceola Grace? How long have they had a team and who’s the head coach? Is this the same school that tried starting up football a couple seasons ago or was that an Elkhart area school. Just wondering 

Adams

Jimtown

marian

john glenn

kv

elkhart

cathedral

andrean

As an Olympian Fan I can say we haven’t had too many beat downs like we had last night in the last 20ish years. Cathedral has given us a few during this 20 year run and Center Grove has done it once, but other than that not much. 

First and Foremost congrats to Elkhart on the safe drive down, playing a very good game and making a safe drive back.. 

Elkhart has an outstanding team this year with a ton of athletes. Rodney McGraw is an absolute animal and I see why many big schools recruited him. So many playmakers on the offensive side of the ball as well.. Elkhart is going to have an outstanding year.

I believe with East’s recent enrollment decline they are a high ended enrollment 4A school. I was hoping they would be more competitive with a bigger school but unfortunately last night it didn’t happen.. East will drop back down to 5A after this year is finished where I see they will probably stay for the foreseeable future because they will continue to get enough points to stay up in 5A.

Congrats to Elkhart again on the W, and good luck the rest of the year. 

I have no idea who thought John Glenn's defense was the "real deal" after playing Boone Grove and Riley, but what I saw Fri night was not a real deal.  

Awful tackling and no speed meant many big plays

Next 4 weeks we will see if SJ has turned the corner or play a team not very good like the end of last year

• Like 1

I was surprised by the Saint Joe and Glenn score. Glenn is still my favorite in the south.

The Bremen Marian game was about what was expected to many athletes on the field for Marian for the Lions to keep up with.  Bremen was missing 3 starters, so younger players were able to get reps which provide depth when the starters return.  Hopefully they get healed up and the team bounces back positively after the loss. It has been said many times, you learn more from losing than you do by winning. Other than that, not to many positives to take from Friday's game.

I don't know if we learned anything from Jimtown. I can not tell if that win against Osceola Grace was impressive or not.

I live 45 minutes from Columbus and have a lot of respect for Columbus East, what Elkhart did to them should definitely be applauded. That was great to see.

1 hour ago, Indian72 said:

I have no idea who thought John Glenn's defense was the "real deal" after playing Boone Grove and Riley, but what I saw Fri night was not a real deal.  

Awful tackling and no speed meant many big plays

Next 4 weeks we will see if SJ has turned the corner or play a team not very good like the end of last year

People started drinking the Kool-Aide over in Glenn country LOL!!!    THEY LOOKED BAD!!   I MEAN HORRIBLE!!!!   TYPICAL GLENN TEAMS FOR LAST 7 YEARS!!   

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Football Guru 25 said:

People started drinking the Kool-Aide over in Glenn country LOL!!!    THEY LOOKED BAD!!   I MEAN HORRIBLE!!!!   TYPICAL GLENN TEAMS FOR LAST 7 YEARS!!   

Had not seen them since the last time we played.  But kept thinking about that "real deal defense" and giving up over 500 yards