Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC Week 3

I know 2 weeks isn't much of a sample size to collect data, but I'm really stumped on how the computers think the Princeton should be favored over Mt Vernon.  My guess is Washington doesn't score a point on GS.  SR starting with 3 straight shut outs will be tough.  I think they handle NP, but maybe give up one score.  The most intriguing match up IMO is TC vs FP.  Both coming in at 2-0, they have to be feeling good about themselves.  Both with impressive wins in week 2, and I think both teams learn alot more about themselves Friday.  TC has some extra motivation seeing as how FP bounced them out last year.

24 minutes ago, 2017statechamps said:

I know 2 weeks isn't much of a sample size to collect data, but I'm really stumped on how the computers think the Princeton should be favored over Mt Vernon.  My guess is Washington doesn't score a point on GS.  SR starting with 3 straight shut outs will be tough.  I think they handle NP, but maybe give up one score.  The most intriguing match up IMO is TC vs FP.  Both coming in at 2-0, they have to be feeling good about themselves.  Both with impressive wins in week 2, and I think both teams learn alot more about themselves Friday.  TC has some extra motivation seeing as how FP bounced them out last year.

Yeah...not sure how Princeton should be favored....but, wondering if Princeton can hang for a while.  I'm not completely sold on MV just yet.

Predictions are going to be crazy this year because of quarantines that could happen at anytime and leave teams scrambling at the last minute.  Having said that here goes nothing....

Boonville over Heritage Hills - Sounds like HH lost some starters that played Week 1, but not Week 2 because of COVID.  I am guessing they would be out for this one too.

Mt Vernon over Princeton - Cats seemed to be improved, but haven't really been tested and won't be this week either.  Princeton has some injuries(QB,RB) might be rough.

Southridge over North Posey - Raiders will flex their muscle, NP has had a pretty easy first 2 weeks.

South Spencer over Pike Central - Nothing cures your issues like playing Pike Central in football.  Expect the Rebels to win handily

Gibson Southern over Washington - Hide the women and children cause this one will be ugly early and often!

Tell City over Forest Park - Marksmen are riding high and should have enough for the Rangers.  Wouldn't be shocked to see a defensive battle in this one.

36 minutes ago, CheapSeats said:

Boonville over Heritage Hills - Sounds like HH lost some starters that played Week 1, but not Week 2 because of COVID.  I am guessing they would be out for this one too.

Believe Boonville had several kids out against SR as well. @Mockstangboyz said they had 4 OL out and three of them started both ways... 

image.png.77b7d954be8987e317ee7c51a6e7fd20.png

1 minute ago, Cappy said:

Believe Boonville had several kids out against SR as well. @Mockstangboyz said they had 4 OL out and three of them started both ways... 

Unfortunately, this will probably happen to more teams as the season continues.  I just hope they continue to let the kids play and get in as many games as possible.

58 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Not what the film from Washington week suggest, I see all the same #'s on the line minus one ? 

And ya I said as much a couple weeks ago bout predictions. Throw those out the window this year

40 minutes ago, jets said:

Not what the film from Washington week suggest, I see all the same #'s on the line minus one ? 

And ya I said as much a couple weeks ago bout predictions. Throw those out the window this year

Whoever Boonville had on the Oline...the Oline play was not good.  Obviously give some credit to the SR D on that.

Edited by Titan32

Predictions are definitely all out of wack right now. 

sagarin has Southridge as a top 10 team overall in the state.  Nothing to take away from them as they look to have a great team but being ranked in the top 10 overall is very very high for a 2A school playing up. Basically being put with the likes of some of the best Chatard teams of the last decade being that high up. 

generally I have seen the top 3A teams (outside of chatard) ranked somewhere between 20-64.  

again not to take away anything from Southridge. Just that at this point for this year we have to use the good ole eye test and know a thing or two...rankings don’t have the answers yet and probably won’t for the first half of the season 

6 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Predictions are definitely all out of wack right now. 

sagarin has Southridge as a top 10 team overall in the state.  Nothing to take away from them as they look to have a great team but being ranked in the top 10 overall is very very high for a 2A school playing up. Basically being put with the likes of some of the best Chatard teams of the last decade being that high up. 

generally I have seen the top 3A teams (outside of chatard) ranked somewhere between 20-64.  

again not to take away anything from Southridge. Just that at this point for this year we have to use the good ole eye test and know a thing or two...rankings don’t have the answers yet and probably won’t for the first half of the season 

Yeah, don't think Sagarin will be reliable this year because of COVID until Week 6 or so. Typically by Week 4 all teams are "connected" (outside of closed conferences), so the ratings get better week by week. With the SIAC being closed, we no longer can statistically compare its teams' performances until the playoffs.  A bit of a bummer.

1 minute ago, Patriot 74 said:

I wonder how many of their players are out/affected for them to cancel a game??  You'd think a 6A school could absorb some of their players being out.

I have no detail on the exact reasons....it feels a bit like a cop out....but again not fair for me to say not having much detail.