Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC Week 3

52 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Are there no penalty clauses for breaking a game contract (I assume something in writing exists?)

If the issue was location, did Gibson call the bluff and counter with playing at Southport with something like split gate revenue sharing?

Every other year there is a penalty clause for breaking a game contract. No penalty this year per the IHSAA. 

• Kill me now 1

13 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Are there no penalty clauses for breaking a game contract (I assume something in writing exists?)

If the issue was location, did Gibson call the bluff and counter with playing at Southport with something like split gate revenue sharing?

I don’t know if an offer was made to change venue.  I believe these contracts are typically written with a $2000.00 penalty for cancellation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

GS will now play Boonville week 4 (North Knox canceled on Boonville)  This will be a conference game.  GS and Boonville will also play their regularly scheduled game (week 9) as a non-conference game.

I hate that but better than no game!

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

GS will now play Boonville week 4 (North Knox canceled on Boonville)  This will be a conference game.  GS and Boonville will also play their regularly scheduled game (week 9) as a non-conference game.

Interesting that the conference game switched. You see this in basketball, but with tournaments... I wonder if there is a PAC by-law or the ADs/coaches flipped a coin or how that worked out. Statistically the home team does have a 1-2 point advantage in all levels of football. Should be interesting to see how GS handles Mockobee, given the rush defense so far has been less than stellar (no offense intended just stating the obvious).

The PAC By-law says

SECTION 3. All regularly scheduled games between Conference teams shall be considered Conference games except in case a team plays another conference team two or more times during a season. The first contest will be the determining contest (except tournament contests).

7 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Interesting that the conference game switched. You see this in basketball, but with tournaments... I wonder if there is a PAC by-law or the ADs/coaches flipped a coin or how that worked out. Statistically the home team does have a 1-2 point advantage in all levels of football. Should be interesting to see how GS handles Mockobee, given the rush defense so far has been less than stellar (no offense intended just stating the obvious).

Similar to Southridge I’m sure.  I watched the entire game.  Unless those 3 missing Olineman make a huge difference.  It won’t be even be remotely close to the running game we have seen in games one and two.

10 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Does the IHSAA have to sign off as well? If so, do you think they'll consider one-year contracts for football moving forward?

There is no rule that covers how many years the contracts are now. There have been one year contracts in the past.

7 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Similar to Southridge I’m sure.  I watched the entire game.  Unless those 3 missing Olineman make a huge difference.  It won’t be even be remotely close to the running game we have seen in games one and two.

Although this was an impressive run against a less than stellar run defense.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Our plan was to let him run himself out!  LOL

If you think GS’s defensive coaches had a plan, you didn’t watch the same game I did.  I think we may have fared better letting the kids call their own defense.  Usually after games like this college and NFL defensive staffs get their pink slips in the next morning.

30 minutes ago, GS Titan 77 said:

If you think GS’s defensive coaches had a plan, you didn’t watch the same game I did.  I think we may have fared better letting the kids call their own defense.  Usually after games like this college and NFL defensive staffs get their pink slips in the next morning.

Well, fortunately for the GS defensive staff (and the GS football community in general) pink slips won't be coming tomorrow morning at weights, nor any time soon most likely.  I watched the same game you did, however the game I saw had a solid D plan with players in position to make plays for the greatest majority of the game. To say otherwise is shortsighted, IMO.  Mockabee is a specimen and just flat out showed tonight he belongs in D1.

9 hours ago, Esso Ayche said:

Well, fortunately for the GS defensive staff (and the GS football community in general) pink slips won't be coming tomorrow morning at weights, nor any time soon most likely.  I watched the same game you did, however the game I saw had a solid D plan with players in position to make plays for the greatest majority of the game. To say otherwise is shortsighted, IMO.  Mockabee is a specimen and just flat out showed tonight he belongs in D1.

Okay what did you see that was different on defense from the Washington game?  Same scheme and play calls as any other game this season.  I saw a few different calls that we haven’t used much since last season on the 1st 2 Boonville drives.  Then we reverted back to the same vanilla calls and pass coverage we usually use, unless trips dictated otherwise.  What did you see that was specifically designed to slow down Mockobee and the ground game?  Tucker came in a few times against their heavy set and that was the only difference.  I’m willingly to bet that if you watch the Boonville versus SR and HH games, you will see Mockobee contacted more in the backfield than he was against GS.  You can’t give a D1 athlete space and a full head of steam.  It will make for a very long night.

IMO being shortsighted is punting to Mockobee twice in the last half of the 4th quarter after punting to a kid twice in the 4th ended our season last year.  And needing a 1st down to ice the game on our last possession and losing 3 yards after 3 plays with a D1 QB and maybe a D1 lineman.  Your starting RB goes out for 1 of the plays and you don’t sub in Green, Murfin, Luttrell, Malone, Bryant, or Moorman.  Instead give it to a freshman that hasn’t played 1 varsity down yet all season.

23 minutes ago, GS Titan 77 said:

Okay what did you see that was different on defense from the Washington game?  Same scheme and play calls as any other game this season.  I saw a few different calls that we haven’t used much since last season on the 1st 2 Boonville drives.  Then we reverted back to the same vanilla calls and pass coverage we usually use, unless trips dictated otherwise.  What did you see that was specifically designed to slow down Mockobee and the ground game?  Tucker came in a few times against their heavy set and that was the only difference.  I’m willingly to bet that if you watch the Boonville versus SR and HH games, you will see Mockobee contacted more in the backfield than he was against GS.  You can’t give a D1 athlete space and a full head of steam.  It will make for a very long night.

IMO being shortsighted is punting to Mockobee twice in the last half of the 4th quarter after punting to a kid twice in the 4th ended our season last year.  And needing a 1st down to ice the game on our last possession and losing 3 yards after 3 plays with a D1 QB and maybe a D1 lineman.  Your starting RB goes out for 1 of the plays and you don’t sub in Green, Murfin, Luttrell, Malone, Bryant, or Moorman.  Instead give it to a freshman that hasn’t played 1 varsity down yet all season.

To be fair, SR and HH faced a boonville team with guys out (SR and HH had guys missing too don’t get me wrong) but from all accounts so far GS faced a full strength Boonville team last night...and I know we are missing a few kids.  

I think moving forward we will see GS play a few players two ways because they just make the difference...wouldn’t be shocked to see Braden Tucker become basically the Mark Doyle of 2020

I think Bryant was playing in the secondary a good bit last night too.

criticisms are fair but I’m not worried. Coach will have these guys battling because I think it’s becoming apparent that some of these kids on offense are willing to play both ways and will fight for those positions. 

We are now on to week 5 and facing Southridge...and by all accounts Whiteland was the 5A version of SR so I’m more optimistic we have a game plan that works.  Should be another great game! 

11 hours ago, GS Titan 77 said:

I'm in awe hearing GS fans criticize their coaching staff.  I have always been led to believe the current coaching staff invented football.

30 minutes ago, GS Titan 77 said:

Specifically, I saw a "vanilla" scheme that put hats on #5 all night behind a full strength BV o-line and #5 not being taken down on the first, second, or third hits. You're critical of the GS D coaching plan/calls (and apparently of the entire staff, punter, and probably the pep band at home games judging by your posts), but that "vanilla" scheme put the boys in position to make plays. But let's show all our cards regular season, by all means.

Maybe we can forget the depth chart and start skipping over who takes RB reps on the gold squad. That freshman was NTU and secured the ball for his carry after getting hit in the backfield by two guys. Clock kept ticking. Got the W.  Moving on to SR.