Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC Week 3

CG wins a low-scoring affair. Their defense is legit with two book-end DEs. Is Cathedral THAT good to put up 44 on a solid Carmel D? 

BD cleans up their mistakes from their past two games and gets a much-needed win against a solid Pike squad. 

NC wins by 2-3 TDs. The inexperience of the Warriors will show in the first few games and then progressively get better as the season goes on. 

LN puts up whatever # they want offensively and routs their rival. 

Edited by MICFan34

Pike 36-35.  Pike wins on a 2-point conversion late

CG 49-14  I don't believe Carmel has it figured out offensively yet.  The beating from Cathedral and unimpressive win over Plainfield(who needed a 50 yd FG to beat Tri-West) has me wondering how good this Carmel squad really is.

WC 20-14  I can see this being a close game the whole way through and it's a toss up for me

LN 50-24  I might be giving LC too much credit here...

Here's what we now know...

The bottom of the MIC is still MUCH better than the bottom of the HCC.  Pike starting out with wins against Zionsville and Fishers but then getting pounded by BD, who I hear was able to get in a full practice week this go around.

Pike has made solid improvements with their team.  I'd say they'll finish 7th in the MIC.

BD is going to make strides this year.  They'll be a tough out by seasons end.  

Warren is struggling on offense.  I'm going to say 4 wins would be successful for them this year.  They're going to be loaded in the future, just as BD will.  They may be the worst team in their sectional this year.

North Central is such an awesome story.  I don't see them winning the sectional, but it wouldn't surprise me.  They're 2nd best in my opinion in their sectional.

LN is the best team in their sectional and could play spoiler to CG.  Doubtful, but it's possible.  

LC, still struggling but I think they're better than Warren.  

Carmel is not nearly as bad as their record shows, they're going to be a difficult task for Brownsburg.

CG is #1.  That's all.

CG is the best IMO, but if the HCC wants to get a champ, Brownsburg needs to finish the job this time around.  

I slopped this together somewhat, but it was a late night last night.  

42 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Here's what we now know...

The bottom of the MIC is still MUCH better than the bottom of the HCC.  Pike starting out with wins against Zionsville and Fishers but then getting pounded by BD, who I hear was able to get in a full practice week this go around.

Pike has made solid improvements with their team.  I'd say they'll finish 7th in the MIC.

BD is going to make strides this year.  They'll be a tough out by seasons end.  

Warren is struggling on offense.  I'm going to say 4 wins would be successful for them this year.  They're going to be loaded in the future, just as BD will.  They may be the worst team in their sectional this year.

North Central is such an awesome story.  I don't see them winning the sectional, but it wouldn't surprise me.  They're 2nd best in my opinion in their sectional.

LN is the best team in their sectional and could play spoiler to CG.  Doubtful, but it's possible.  

LC, still struggling but I think they're better than Warren.  

Carmel is not nearly as bad as their record shows, they're going to be a difficult task for Brownsburg.

CG is #1.  That's all.

CG is the best IMO, but if the HCC wants to get a champ, Brownsburg needs to finish the job this time around.  

I slopped this together somewhat, but it was a late night last night.  

I think your obsession with the MIC vs HCC is a little over the top.

CG is by far the best team in 6A. Cathedral has the best chance of beating them. 
Carmel had the unfortunate task of playing both right away. 
NC is a pleasant surprise! To think an over-reactive superintendent almost shut down fall sports.

Perhaps BD will rebound much like they did last year, but how long will fans accept not being able to wipe their feet on those Hendricks County backyard schools?

LN is a dynamic offensive machine. They will go as far as their defense can take them. 

21 hours ago, Staxawax said:

I think your obsession with the MIC vs HCC is a little over the top.

CG is by far the best team in 6A. Cathedral has the best chance of beating them. 
Carmel had the unfortunate task of playing both right away. 
NC is a pleasant surprise! To think an over-reactive superintendent almost shut down fall sports.

Perhaps BD will rebound much like they did last year, but how long will fans accept not being able to wipe their feet on those Hendricks County backyard schools?

LN is a dynamic offensive machine. They will go as far as their defense can take them. 

I think you’re thinking of Temptation.  That’s probably only the second time ever that I’ve brought up MIC Vs HCC on my own.  I’ve definitely debated it but on my own, you’d be hard pressed to find any conversations I’ve started on here to that regard.