Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 3

Posting thread as requested:

Castle at Harrison  -  Castle big, running clock

Bosse at Jasper - Jasper big, running clock

Memorial at Mater Dei  - Not sure about either offense, but MD Defense is better at this point of the season,  MD 13-10

Reitz at North  -  Taking home team.  North by 10pts

Vincennes at Central  -  Central wins big.  Might be a running clock game

See, trying to help out and I messed it all up. 

To this week schedule week 3:

Castle with a running clock

Central with a running clock

Does MD finally score a TD?  I think so.  MD get two TD but it they still lose.  I will take the home team here.  Vincennes 21-17

Jasper vs Reitz is the game of the week IMO.  I think it will be a close game, but Jasper goes to the bowl and comes out with the win.  28-27.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Castle routs Bosse

Central over Memorial - expecting a game similar to when MD faced the Bears

VL narrowly over MD - I feel like Lincoln let one slip away last Friday. Should be fine if they cleanup some mistakes 

North routs Harrison

Jasper squeaks by Reitz

Bosse @ Castle - running clock

Central @ Memorial - by 3 scores

Mater Dei @ Vincennes - by 2 scores

North @ Harrison - running clock

My game of the week:  Jasper @ Reitz - by 1 score

This will come down to whether Brickey and the Reitz offense can minimize their mistakes. Jasper is typically very disciplined and will capitalize on the mistakes of opponents. I'll take the home team in the Bowl.

Evansville Bosse (0-2) at Castle (1-1)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Lidy Field.
COACHES: DaMarcus Ganaway, 0-2 in 1st year at Bosse, 12-22 in 4th year overall. Doug Hurt, 105-59 in 15th year at Castle.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Castle, 68.32, 78th overall, 17th in 5A. Bosse, 22.79, 262nd overall, 56th in 3A.
LAST OUTING: Bosse lost to Evansville Central, 62-0. Castle defeated Evansville Mater Dei, 6-3.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Bosse 3-1. Castle 2-2.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Castle, 27-8
LAST MEETING: Castle, 37-0, Sep. 13, 2019.
jh PREDICTION: Castle, 35-3.
Evansville Central (2-0) vs. Evansville Memorial (0-2)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Ev. North.
COACHES: Sean Coultis, 11-3 in 2nd year at Central. John Hurley, 100-57 in 13th year at Memorial.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Central, 80.06, 26th overall, 7th in 4A. Memorial, 54.38, 131st overall, 32nd in 4A.
LAST OUTING: Central defeated Evansville Bosse, 62-0. Memorial lost to Evansville North, 37-12.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Central 0-4. Memorial 4-0.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Memorial, 19-17
LAST MEETING: Memorial, 38-14, Nov. 8, 2019, sectional.
jh PREDICTION: Central, 28-10.
Evansville Mater Dei (0-2) at Vincennes Lincoln (1-1)
GAME TIME: 7:30 pm ET, Inman Field.
COACHES: Mike Goebel, 227-73 in 24th year at Mater Dei. Levi Salters, 26-11 in 4th year at Vincennes.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Mater Dei, 63.44, 97th overall, 10th in 2A. Vincennes, 48.57, 160th overall, 27th in 3A.
LAST OUTING: Mater Dei lost to Castle, 6-3. Vincennes lost to Evansville Reitz, 22-21.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Mater Dei 3-1. Vincennes 2-2.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: No meetings.
jh PREDICTION: Mater Dei, 21-14.
Evansville North (2-0) at Evansville Harrison (0-2)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Romain Stadium.
COACHES: Joey Paridaen, 8-14 in 3rd year at North, 44-47 in 9th year overall. Mo Sutton, 0-2 in 1st year at Harrison.
SAGARIN RATINGS: North, 73.93, 47th overall, 11th in 5A. Harrison, 26.32, 246th overall, 55th in 4A.
LAST OUTING: North defeated Evansville Memorial, 37-12. Harrison lost to Jasper, 50-7.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: North 1-3. Harrison 4-0.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: North, 22-19
LAST MEETING: North, 49-6, Sep. 13, 2019.
jh PREDICTION: North, 45-14.
Jasper (2-0) at Evansville Reitz (2-0)
GAME TIME: 6:30 pm CT, Reitz Bowl.
COACHES: Tony Lewis, 8-4 in 2nd year at Jasper, 139-70 in 19th year overall. Cory Brunson, 2-0 in 1st year at Reitz, 36-40 in 8th year overall.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Jasper, 64.33, 92nd overall, 25th in 4A. Reitz, 50.86, 150th overall, 36th in 4A.
LAST OUTING: Jasper defeated Evansville Harrison, 50-7. Reitz defeated Vincennes Lincoln, 22-21.
VS. COMMON FOES: Jasper 1-0; Reitz 1-0.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Jasper 0-4. Reitz 1-3.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Reitz, 6-4
LAST MEETING: Jasper, 24-22, Oct. 30, 2015, sectional.
jh PREDICTION: Jasper, 31-24.

Castle over Bosse 

Central over Memorial, running clock 

VL over MD on a field goal 

North over Harrison 

Hmmm, coin flip, Jasper over Reitz, down to the wire 

-A bit surprised how Jasper handled Reitz tonight. The Cats look to be a real contender for the conference crown in their first season back.

- A lack of a legit kicking game haunts Lincoln tonight. Had multiple drives into MD territory but couldn’t cash in after their first quarter TD.  MD kicker has a cannon. The 32 yarder he drilled to go up 10-7 felt huge at the time and it proved to be the difference. The MD defense was superb. VL’s wasn’t too shabby either. 

-Was the Castle/Bosse cancellation Covid related?

52 minutes ago, SEAL_63 said:

-A bit surprised how Jasper handled Reitz tonight. The Cats look to be a real contender for the conference crown in their first season back.

- A lack of a legit kicking game haunts Lincoln tonight. Had multiple drives into MD territory but couldn’t cash in after their first quarter TD.  MD kicker has a cannon. The 32 yarder he drilled to go up 10-7 felt huge at the time and it proved to be the difference. The MD defense was superb. VL’s wasn’t too shabby either. 

-Was the Castle/Bosse cancellation Covid related?

yes, Castle had a issue come up Friday and did not have enough time do do the contact tracing before game time

@SEAL_63 it could impact next week too.  Stinks for Castle possibly missing the only games that are what I would call “sure bets”.  

Safe to say Memorial got the short end of the new SIAC scheduling at least through first 4 weeks.  After 3 weeks I have to say North is the best team we’ve played so far.   Central wasn’t as dynamic as I expected.  They will struggle against any team that can stop #40 and force them to throw.  Might not happen until Regional though.

3 hours ago, sr1 said:

yes, Castle had a issue come up Friday and did not have enough time do do the contact tracing before game time

No good. Could affect them next week. Why do these COVID issues arise late in the week? I'm out of the loop. Are teams testing within 48 hours of game time, or? How long now to get test results? 

2 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

No good. Could affect them next week. Why do these COVID issues arise late in the week? I'm out of the loop. Are teams testing within 48 hours of game time, or? How long now to get test results? 

For schools with basically full time face to face school the issue is that it’s impossible to sit kids more than six feet apart.  If Jenny calls in sick and says she had a positive Covid test, every kid who sat within a 6 feet radius of her in every class (mask or not). Is automatically out of a school for 14 days from last known contact with Jenny, regardless if you can produce a negative test or not.  14 days no matter what...unless you test positive in which case the quarantine is only 10 days out of school.  Then once you return to school if you have missed 10 or fewer planned practices you need 4 practices before you can participate in a game.  If you missed 11 or more planned practices you need 6 practices to return to play.  

Edited by Titan32
  • Like 1

Interesting. Where I am in northern Iraq (Kurdistan), the government basically lifted all restrictions but is still encouraging good hygiene, social distancing, and masks. This was because since March the regional governtment (about the size and population of Indiana, but far less healthcare capacity) had very strict movement restrictions and it was heavily affecting many businesses which depend on face-to-face interactions... We shall see.

Back to the topic.

1. Central -- Who is No. 2? North or Jasper at this point?

Central is way overrated. Offense lack a real passing game. QB  just throws it up for grabs. Evans has legit speed. Madison kid is a big boy, but takes half of plays off . He will not be effective once they get out of sectionals. Jasper and North have impressed more. Was disappointed in Memorial. Looked unimaginative on offense. Maybe talent the last few years have spoiled them. Not sure why they keep giving 9 the ball when 6 looks like he may be only true playmaker. Watch out for MD to rally may end up being in conversation as best team.

• Like 1

How do I say this politely without causing a s&@$t storm?? Perhaps the vaunted SIAC is - how do you say...not as “vaunted”?? 

Jasper comes in and has a legit shot to claim the conference crown...😕

Memorial is experiencing a turnover after some great years

MD...well...let’s just say the success factor has benefited them moving Southridge out of their way. 

Central ...I guess they’re pretty good?? 

Now North has became the top dog?? 

Too bad sectionals USED to let all these arguments play themselves out- but not so much anymore...