Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

DTs Dandy Dozen - Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down

Guest DT

On 9/1/2020 at 6:22 PM, Staxawax said:

The most talented team in the history of Indiana high school football? They might not even be the most talented team this season. We shall find out Oct. 16 when the Irish come to CG’s football palace!

Footballking16, you beat me to it by a couple of minutes!

Based on computer recruiting rankings, which if nothing else are a measure of pure football talent, this CG team will be at the very top of the all time Indiana rankings.   The Warren teams with Evans and Finch will also be right at the top.   Curry could be a 5 Star next season.   That alone may push CG over the top

On 9/6/2020 at 5:58 AM, dazed and confused said:

based on common opponents so far I will take CG  ; )

That week 9 game between CG and Cathedral really does neither program any good this year.  Both will likley be undefeated and overwhelming favorites to win their class championships.  One will have its regular season record blemished, which is a shame.

I would rather see this game in Week 2 and have CG play a conference game in Week 9, regardless of who they might play in MIC action.  One of the saving graces of week 9 is that therer are a lot of conference championships on the line.  Its not just a week to rest before the tiournament starts.  Or in the case of CG vs WC or CG vs Cathedral, lose kids to injury ina hard fought battle over nothing but bragging rights.

On 9/6/2020 at 5:58 AM, dazed and confused said:

based on common opponents so far I will take CG  ; )

Wouldn’t disagree that I think Center Grove is likely the more talented team over Cathedral but final scores in both the Cathedral/Carmel and CG/Carmel game a bit misleading. CG scored twice late to really blow it open after only leading 21-0 going into the 4th. Cathedral was up 30 at the end of the third with well over 500 yards of offense and took their starters out only for Carmel’s starters to score twice on Cathedral‘s second unit. 

Both very impressive victories by each team.

10 hours ago, DT said:

That week 9 game between CG and Cathedral really does neither program any good this year.  Both will likley be undefeated and overwhelming favorites to win their class championships.  One will have its regular season record blemished, which is a shame.

I would rather see this game in Week 2 and have CG play a conference game in Week 9, regardless of who they might play in MIC action.  One of the saving graces of week 9 is that therer are a lot of conference championships on the line.  Its not just a week to rest before the tiournament starts.  Or in the case of CG vs WC or CG vs Cathedral, lose kids to injury ina hard fought battle over nothing but bragging rights.

I wouldn't say both are likely to be undefeated coming into that game. Both could be undefeated but it's not likely. that being said overwhelming favorites to win their class championship is very true. North Central and Lawrence North won't be walks in the park by any means for the Trojan's, those are the only 2 teams I can see that will pose a challenge prior to week 9. For the Irish they have their rival Chatard this week and it doesn't matter who the more talented team is it is always a war. Even so the Irish also have 3 Ohio teams from the GCL South on the schedule. 

Having a regular season blemish for either team will A. provide even more fire B. help them learn from mistakes against another very talented team.

• Like 1

Thumbs Up:

East Central defeating Moeller 21-6.  This Indiana HS win over an historic GCL powerhouse has gone largely unremarked.  I’m not sure there has been a bigger EIAC victory ever outside of East Central and Lawrenceburg’s prior State Championships.

It seems like every corner of the State loves to b!tch and moan about being disrespected but there is nowhere in Indiana as overlooked as Southeastern Indiana.

Congrats to East Central.

• Thanks 1