Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CIC where you be????

Yep Eastbrook is the class of the CIC!

Ole Miss is a distant 2nd.

Oak Hill is by themselves in 3rd.

Blackford and Alexandria will be fighting for 4th.

Madison Grant is 6th..

Frankton a distant 7th 

Elwood as always at the bottom!

2 hours ago, GV5 said:

Yep Eastbrook is the class of the CIC!

Ole Miss is a distant 2nd.

Oak Hill is by themselves in 3rd.

Blackford and Alexandria will be fighting for 4th.

Madison Grant is 6th..

Frankton a distant 7th 

Elwood as always at the bottom!

I wouldn't give Ole Miss 2nd just yet... hopefully we will find out in a couple weeks.

1 hour ago, dazed and confused said:

I wouldn't give Ole Miss 2nd just yet... hopefully we will find out in a couple weeks.

I somewhat agree but only team even somewhat close is Oak Hill and until they face stiffer competition i just don't see it yet!

53 minutes ago, irishuncle411 said:

Can Elwood beat Frankton this week?

Will mississinewa ever change their nickname?

what schools could CiC add for a north/south or East/West split?

I just don't see it for Elwood. As bad as the Head coach is at Frankton he just has much more talent. 

Not sure on Ole Miss nick name.

Lapel/Tipton/Eastern Greentown for the South/West. 

Delta/Winchester/Monroe Central if North/East

1.Problem is some of those drives are quite long. 2. Most of those teams do not want to joing the conference! 

Yes Hamilton heights would be a good fit for east or south!

Tipton has a more competitive conference most seasons anyways. Not sure why they would leave. 

Lapel made their own bed with allowing basketball to run what they do with all other sports. Now they cannot find a suitor!

20 minutes ago, GV5 said:

Yes Hamilton heights would be a good fit for east or south!

I think Hamilton Heights is pretty happy in the Hoosier. Take a lot of knocks in football lately, but the other sports factor in to Conference decisions also, and they are very competitive in those. It wouldn't be a good move for them as a school to switch to the CIC. 

23 hours ago, irishuncle411 said:

Can Elwood beat Frankton this week?

Will mississinewa ever change their nickname?

what schools could CiC add for a north/south or East/West split?

Elwood is a No

Mississinewa is a NO.   Administration has already said no and they have the support of the Miami Indian Tribe leadership, which approved the nickname back in 1950's and continue to so.

CIC Split?  that is questionable.  I look for a couple of schools to leave in the next 2-3 years.  Blackford almost left last year and they want to be in the same conference as Jay County.  Eastbrook would leave only if Mississinewa leaves.  Mississinewa leaves to go to a conference with 4A and 5A schools but may have to get other schools to help form a new conference with one team being Eastbrook.  Tipton coming to the CIC is a No, as they are in a conference that consistently have several teams advance in the State Tournament and ranked.  Lapel makes good fit, but with Frankton will fight them coming in because they are the same school system.  Now if Lapel and Frankton would go to 1 high school, watch out in all sports as they would be a powerhouse and either a 4A or 5A school.  Marion could be a possible school to add but won't because of the NCC history in Basketball but the 2 hour bus rides for away games may play a factor in a few years.  

Eastbrook wins the Conference again.

Mississinewa will get things rolling.  They have talent but young and with a new coach learning a new system.

MG could be the sleeper in the Conference this year and sneak into that 2nd or 3rd place.  Remember they went to Sectional Championship last year.

Oak Hill another young team but improving and could surprise everybody and also finish 2nd or 3rd.

Frankton, well they don't finish last but only win 1 game.

Elwood goes winless and will search for another new coach for next year.  Hey Elwood admin, notice a trend?  Perhaps give your Varsity coach's money to pay for assistants and they might stay longer.

Blackford is struggling with numbers but will win 2-3 CIC games.

Alexandria will win 3-4 CIC games.

The only school I see that would  jumping right away to get in the CIC is Lapel. Since they dont belong to a conference.  They did make a mistake by letting Basketball choose the last conference they were in .  Only to realize the drive into Indy was a mess and the other sports struggled to compete.

The only others would be Tipton and Eastern based on size and location.

1 minute ago, Giantbeareagle80 said:

The only school I see that would  jumping right away to get in the CIC is Lapel. Since they dont belong to a conference.  They did make a mistake by letting Basketball choose the last conference they were in .  Only to realize the drive into Indy was a mess and the other sports struggled to compete.

The only others would be Tipton and Eastern based on size and location.

Rumors are Eastern has an invite to join if and when a school leaves the conference.  Also rumors is Frankton does not want Lapel in the CIC so do what it takes to keep them out.

Why is this the topic every year by week 3?  How can the CIC become a better football conference so that fans and ex players can argue about who is going to win on Friday night instead of talking about Lapel coming to the CIC every year??? Seriously!  Why is the CIC so bad, or lack of competitiveness with each other, at football.  There are athletes at these schools.  Look at Basketball, Baseball, Wrestling. These sports have good showing around the state.  

Edited by bittergymteacher

20 hours ago, gonzoron said:

I think Hamilton Heights is pretty happy in the Hoosier. Take a lot of knocks in football lately, but the other sports factor in to Conference decisions also, and they are very competitive in those. It wouldn't be a good move for them as a school to switch to the CIC. 

Oh i agree. Was just saying from a travel standpoint. You are right though.

1 hour ago, bittergymteacher said:

Why is this the topic every year by week 3?  How can the CIC become a better football conference so that fans and ex players can argue about who is going to win on Friday night instead of talking about Lapel coming to the CIC every year??? Seriously!  Why is the CIC so bad, or lack of competitiveness with each other, at football.  There are athletes at these schools.  Look at Basketball, Baseball, Wrestling. These sports have good showing around the state.  

You are right but when there are really only 2-3 truely strong football coaches (successful) year in and year out and not just due to having athletes every 10 years this will be the conversation for the near future!

CIC teams went like 2-12 in this seasons non conference schedule. MG beat Cloverdale and Eastbrook beat Marion.  Overall takeaway is that games weren't competitive (my opinion based on final score) against good/solid opponents from out of conference.  Exceptions were Eastbrook/Delta and Oak Hill/Greentown.  It's just overall a conference that is not competitive from top to bottom...but the head scratcher is that talent immediately surrounds it - Lapel, Tipton, Greentown for example.  Does getting new schools in the conference enhance CIC or should teams be attempting to leave the CIC?

4 hours ago, irishuncle411 said:

CIC teams went like 2-12 in this seasons non conference schedule. MG beat Cloverdale and Eastbrook beat Marion.  Overall takeaway is that games weren't competitive (my opinion based on final score) against good/solid opponents from out of conference.  Exceptions were Eastbrook/Delta and Oak Hill/Greentown.  It's just overall a conference that is not competitive from top to bottom...but the head scratcher is that talent immediately surrounds it - Lapel, Tipton, Greentown for example.  Does getting new schools in the conference enhance CIC or should teams be attempting to leave the CIC?

dont know why Eastbrook stays .... I feel their chances for a blue ring has and will continue to diminish by being in the CIC.

49 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

dont know why Eastbrook stays .... I feel their chances for a blue ring has and will continue to diminish by being in the CIC.

You are right. I think it is time to blow up local conferences and start over though.

Just think if you had a conference with:

Ole Miss

Eastbrook

Marion

Delta

Pendleton

Anderson

Jay county 

Yorrktown

Muncie Central

Shorter travel and a decently strong conference at times! Much better than the CIC for them.

Edited by GV5

4 hours ago, GV5 said:

You are right. I think it is time to blow up local conferences and start over though.

Just think if you had a conference with:

Ole Miss

Eastbrook

Marion

Delta

Pendleton

Anderson

Jay county 

Yorrktown

Muncie Central

Shorter travel and a decently strong conference at times! Much better than the CIC for them.

Shorter travel for sure, but too much discrepancy between school size and/or talent when considering other sports.  Just in football...Anderson, Jay County, and Muncie Central would be guaranteed bottom dwellers.  Plus, Delta/Pendelton are right where they belong in the HHC for all sports.  

Frankton has had equal success in basketball as Lapel, but they're a doormat in the CIC from a football perspective and Lapel/Tipton/Heights/Greentown looks like they'd be a lock for the 3rd spot in football most years and add another quality opponent to the other teams.  But should a Lapel, Tipton, or Heights want in to simply play weaker competition most Friday nights?  Playing Alex, MG, Blackford, Frankton, Elwood right now does nothing for a program trying to get better come tourney time.  They are just guaranteed wins.  I'd argue that Eastbrook/Mississinewa should want out...and Lapel, Tipton, Heights, Greentown, etc should stay far away.  

No clue how scheduling works, but I think you want 2-3 games that you have to play phenomenal to win.  4-5 games you need to play well to win.  And 2-3 games you need to show up to win.  Let the tourney play out how it may.   I get that formula can never be perfect, but it'd be something I'd keep in mind as a HC/AD.  I don't see Eastbrook/Mississinewa keeping that balance with 6 other teams that have no chance to beat them (Eastbrook has pulled it off in recent years, so maybe they know the secret is to frontload the first 3-4 games and then use the CIC schedule to get healthy/perfect).  Plus, as I said earlier, one of the only non-conference wins was MG vs Cloverdale...I don't see much success from the bottom 5 this season come tourney time.  Guess my overall question is what needs to change in the bottom 5 in the CIC - HC changes, staff changes, Youth League Emphasis, something in community, lack of spring/summer this year?  Or is this a part of an overall trend we are going to start/continue to see within those bottom 5?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, irishuncle411 said:

Shorter travel for sure, but too much discrepancy between school size and/or talent when considering other sports.  Just in football...Anderson, Jay County, and Muncie Central would be guaranteed bottom dwellers.  Plus, Delta/Pendelton are right where they belong in the HHC for all sports.  

Frankton has had equal success in basketball as Lapel, but they're a doormat in the CIC from a football perspective and Lapel/Tipton/Heights/Greentown looks like they'd be a lock for the 3rd spot in football most years and add another quality opponent to the other teams.  But should a Lapel, Tipton, or Heights want in to simply play weaker competition most Friday nights?  Playing Alex, MG, Blackford, Frankton, Elwood right now does nothing for a program trying to get better come tourney time.  They are just guaranteed wins.  I'd argue that Eastbrook/Mississinewa should want out...and Lapel, Tipton, Heights, Greentown, etc should stay far away.  

No clue how scheduling works, but I think you want 2-3 games that you have to play phenomenal to win.  4-5 games you need to play well to win.  And 2-3 games you need to show up to win.  Let the tourney play out how it may.   I get that formula can never be perfect, but it'd be something I'd keep in mind as a HC/AD.  I don't see Eastbrook/Mississinewa keeping that balance with 6 other teams that have no chance to beat them (Eastbrook has pulled it off in recent years, so maybe they know the secret is to frontload the first 3-4 games and then use the CIC schedule to get healthy/perfect).  Plus, as I said earlier, one of the only non-conference wins was MG vs Cloverdale...I don't see much success from the bottom 5 this season come tourney time.  Guess my overall question is what needs to change in the bottom 5 in the CIC - HC changes, staff changes, Youth League Emphasis, something in community, lack of spring/summer this year?  Or is this a part of an overall trend we are going to start/continue to see within those bottom 5?

Very very well said!

It truely comes down most to what head coaches and staff do from the youth level up or lack there of! Alot of times depends on coaching staffs kids! 

I remember trying to help build lower levels of football where i live using the high school playbook only to have others not use it. When i coached at the high school level the head coach did not care enough to fix it. Guess what now they are paying for it. Just like other schools in the CIC!

It will take a head coach to sit down with all his assistants that are paid and divvy up the responsibilities of each and every one to fix it from the youth level to high school level. 

Until everyone buys in this is the product you get with the CIC