Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Followers. . . .

With three weeks in the books and the start of Week #4, there is the chance to have all eight teams in action under the Friday Night Lights!

A quick question before we get into predicting Week #4 Games -

With the quarantining of various teams, will there be an HNAC Champion Crowned?

Not trying to be a smart guy here . . .  Just asking a simple question.

Maybe it has been discussed . . .  Maybe the answer is an obvioys 'No' 2020 HNAC Champion Crowned since all teams could not play the entire conference schedule.

What are your predictions for Week #4?

Friday, Sep. 4
Knox 58, Culver 28 ©
New Haven 32, Pioneer 28
North Judson 34, North Newton 12
Triton 14, Caston 12 ©
Winamac 42, North White 0
Friday, Sep. 11
Caston at Pioneer ©, 7 pm
Knox at North Judson ©, 8 pm
LaVille at Winamac ©, 7:30 pm
Triton at Bremen, 7 pm

West Central at Culver, 7 pm

Since all 8 teams are scheduled to play, here are my predictions:

Pioneer 40, Caston 0

NJSP 28, Knox 26

Winamac 14, LaVille 10

Bremen 38, Triton 7

Culver 40, West Central 12

What say you?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

Glad to see every school in action this week.  The rivalry game in Starke County feels a little bigger than it has in the last couple of years.  Russ Radtke returns to Liberty Field wearing Red?  It must be 2020.  This week I’ll take:

North Judson over Knox 

Pioneer over Caston

LaVille over Winamac

Bremen over Triton 

Culver over West Central 

6 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

HNAC Followers. . . .

With three weeks in the books and the start of Week #4, there is the chance to have all eight teams in action under the Friday Night Lights!

Maybe it has been discussed . . .  Maybe the answer is an obvioys 'No' 2020 HNAC Champion Crowned since all teams could not play the entire conference schedule.

Friday, Sep. 4
Knox 58, Culver 28 ©
New Haven 32, Pioneer 28
Triton 14, Caston 12 ©
Friday, Sep. 11
Triton at Bremen, 7 pm

Pioneer 40, Caston 0

NJSP 28, Knox 26

Winamac 14, LaVille 10

Bremen 38, Triton 7

What say you?

from_the_sidelines007

Pioneer 58 Caston 0. 

Knox 35 North Judson 20. 

Bremen 49 Triton 0. 

Culver 52 WC 12

I have no idea what to expect from LaVille. Doyle being out hurts them quite a bit. Its their first game too. 

Winamac must hold onto ball (had some fumble issues but recovered them) and their line has to continue to get better. Olds, Schultz and Podell have good exp. Kiefer has exp... Roudebush and Day played a lot last year but struggled some and this will be their first test this year. Schwartz's first ol start was last week and did fine. 

45 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Pioneer 58 Caston 0. 

Knox 35 North Judson 20. 

Bremen 49 Triton 0. 

Culver 52 WC 12

I have no idea what to expect from LaVille. Doyle being out hurts them quite a bit. Its their first game too. 

Winamac must hold onto ball (had some fumble issues but recovered them) and their line has to continue to get better. Olds, Schultz and Podell have good exp. Kiefer has exp... Roudebush and Day played a lot last year but struggled some and this will be their first test this year. Schwartz's first ol start was last week and did fine. 

I like your predictions. I think that LaVille wins by a couple of TDs, but they might have issues with conditioning, injuries, ball control, and etc with it being their first game that might swing the game in Winamac's favor. 

Pioneer wins BIG

Knox has been underwhelming so far this season.

Bremen is really good and shouldn't have any issues with Triton.

WC is struggling a lot.

1 hour ago, TheStatGuy said:

Pioneer 58 Caston 0. 

Knox 35 North Judson 20. 

Bremen 49 Triton 0. 

Culver 52 WC 12

Tough to predict the Winamac-LaVille game.

The Doyle injury affects three parts of LaVille's game - QB, OLB, and Long Snapper.

They have a couple guys that could step in and run the controls - Czarnecki and Wagoner.  They also have a freshman that has a lot of good qualities.

Long snapper is an adjustment for anyone and that execution could be a challenge until whoever steps in gets comfortable and the timing is down.

IMO defense will probably be the toughest place for someone to step in.  Doyle is a very solid defensive player and his experience, leadership, and prescence on the field will be missed.

Be interesting to see how the young puppies play in their first game and how the guys that are asked to step in at QB, Long Snapper, and defense 

LaVille will be asking several new players to step in to fill the gaps for eight players that graduated.  The line will be young . . . the conditioning will be crucual . . . the timing in the backfield and the routes with the new QB will all be interesting to see how the Lancers handle the changes.

Coach Hostrawser is one of the best, though, when it comes to getting his team ready and getting the best out of the players he has available.

I called Winamac winning this first game due to several unknowns for LaVille.  I would not, however, be surprised to find out that these hungry Lancers stepped in to get the job done!

Let the games begin!

from_the_sidelines007

2 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Tough to predict the Winamac-LaVille game.

The Doyle injury affects three parts of LaVille's game - QB, OLB, and Long Snapper.

They have a couple guys that could step in and run the controls - Czarnecki and Wagoner.  They also have a freshman that has a lot of good qualities.

Long snapper is an adjustment for anyone and that execution could be a challenge until whoever steps in gets comfortable and the timing is down.

IMO defense will probably be the toughest place for someone to step in.  Doyle is a very solid defensive player and his experience, leadership, and prescence on the field will be missed.

Be interesting to see how the young puppies play in their first game and how the guys that are asked to step in at QB, Long Snapper, and defense 

LaVille will be asking several new players to step in to fill the gaps for eight players that graduated.  The line will be young . . . the conditioning will be crucual . . . the timing in the backfield and the routes with the new QB will all be interesting to see how the Lancers handle the changes.

Coach Hostrawser is one of the best, though, when it comes to getting his team ready and getting the best out of the players he has available.

I called Winamac winning this first game due to several unknowns for LaVille.  I would not, however, be surprised to find out that these hungry Lancers stepped in to get the job done!

Let the games begin!

from_the_sidelines007

I know how the long snapper game goes. 

Patrick Kiefer was long snapper going into last year.. Eye injury. ..missed full year.. Back up is pretty good too.. Had to move to punter when Max Murray decided to be a Daniel Larusso and karate chop a goal post in soccer and broke his hand. 

23 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

HNAC Followers. . . .

Friday, Sep. 4
Knox 58, Culver 28 ©
New Haven 32, Pioneer 28
Triton 14, Caston 12 ©
Friday, Sep. 11
Triton at Bremen, 7 pm

Pioneer 40, Caston 0

NJSP 28, Knox 26

Winamac 14, LaVille 10

Bremen 38, Triton 7

What say you?

from_the_sidelines007

Pioneer 40 Caston 8

NJSP 28 Knox 27

Laville 35 Winamac 14

Bremen 56 Triton 0

Culver 40 West Central 6

On 9/7/2020 at 10:20 AM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

From what I have heard there will not be a conference champion.  To be honest, they should have had better guidelines in place for the variety of outcomes that could occur this season.  They could have set a number of qualifying conference games to be eligible for the championship.  They could have told teams to rearrange schedules to drop non-conference opponents and make up conference games if possible.  Such as last week Pioneer and Winamac could have made up there game that was missed.  I am not blaming any school or officials.  However, it is very disappointing to see the lack of transparency or guidance on this matter.  I am just glad everyone is in action this week and hope for good health and safety to all participating teams.  

1 hour ago, Julio said:

In the old days not all the Big Ten teams played each other and still had a conference champion, why would the HNAC not do the same?

In the ode days they did all play each other. It’s when they expanded and went to divisions that not all teams could meet. State law

4 hours ago, Duke of Denham said:

From what I have heard there will not be a conference champion.  To be honest, they should have had better guidelines in place for the variety of outcomes that could occur this season.  They could have set a number of qualifying conference games to be eligible for the championship.  They could have told teams to rearrange schedules to drop non-conference opponents and make up conference games if possible.  Such as last week Pioneer and Winamac could have made up there game that was missed.  I am not blaming any school or officials.  However, it is very disappointing to see the lack of transparency or guidance on this matter.  I am just glad everyone is in action this week and hope for good health and safety to all participating teams.  

How can you not have a conference champ?   It will not be difficult to figure out by years end.   Go by win % and head to head losses as tie breaker.   Don't think NASA or MIT will be needed to figure it out.  

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

How can you not have a conference champ?   It will not be difficult to figure out by years end.   Go by win % and head to head losses as tie breaker.   Don't think NASA or MIT will be needed to figure it out.  

Itll be knox or Pioneer. 

3 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

Knox.    Just saying.  

Should be another great game with Pioneer this year. Hopefully the twins are healthy by then. Addai has had a banged up ankle and has been limited since week one and Ezra got his rolled up on last week at the start of the second half against new haven. 

24 minutes ago, footballer_02 said:

Pioneer is damn good. I could see Knox losing 2 conference games 🙂

Pioneer

Knox

Winamac

Bremen

Culver

Do you believe this Pioneer team is better than some of the past? Knox is definitely always the contender for the HNAC. Personally, I think other teams see Pioneer on the schedule and are scared because of the tradition rich program that has been built there. Maybe I am wrong, but I think it is in players minds.

19 minutes ago, SamBacker said:

Pioneer

Knox

Winamac

Bremen

Culver

Do you believe this Pioneer team is better than some of the past? Knox is definitely always the contender for the HNAC. Personally, I think other teams see Pioneer on the schedule and are scared because of the tradition rich program that has been built there. Maybe I am wrong, but I think it is in players minds.

It depends on which teams you're comparing them to? I'm a little younger, but the best Pioneer teams I have seen in person were the 2009 team that lost to LCC and the 2017 and 2018 team. I do think that the program has instilled a mindset in opposing teams. It's great to see success year in and year out from such a small school! 

On 9/10/2020 at 2:37 PM, Duke of Denham said:

I am just going to throw this out there, but the competition that Pioneer faced the last two weeks is a lot better than that if they would have played either conference team. I would not have dropped either one of those teams because Chesterton and New Haven made Pioneer better.