Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Southwestern Indiana Top 10 Power Rankings - Week 4 - 2020

After Week 3

1. Central (3-0) - Top spots are earned. VL, Reitz, Jasper coming up let's see if they are for real.
2. North (3-0) - Seem to be improving every week. Need a few marquee victories.
3. Southridge (3-0) - Solid. SoS may cost them as the season goes on.
4. Jasper (3-0) - You lost to Southridge last year. Congrats on beating Reitz.
5. Reitz (2-1) - Win against North would shake up the SIAC. Already conference title implications at stake.
6. Mount Vernon (3-0) - Quietly undefeated. Is Catholic good this year?
7. Castle (1-1) - Enough players back to deal with Harrison?
8. Tell City (3-0) - We have to Wait until Week 6 vs. Southridge to see if TC can claim a conference title.
9. Mater Dei (1-2) - Coach Goebel only gets his teams better through the season. Solid win against Vincennes. 
10. Gibson Southern (1-2) - Let's see if that scheduling paid off. Still playing for a PAC title.
HM: Vincennes (1-2) - Keep it close and disciplined against Central and who knows? Could also be a Bears' blowout, Boonville (2-1) - Arguably the best athlete in the area keeps the Pioneers within striking distance of Gibson, Memorial (0-3) - Award for toughest SIAC schedule so far.

ETA: Flipped the Vincennes-MD result. Poll updated to reflect that. My mistake. Must have upset TGD gods. Also, no cocaine for me in Iraq, promise. Apologies and remember this is for entertainment.

7 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

1. Central (3-0) - Top spots are earned. VL, Reitz, Jasper coming up let's see if they are for real.
2. North (3-0) - Seem to be improving every week. Need a few marquee victories.
3. Southridge (3-0) - Solid. SoS may cost them as the season goes on.
4. Jasper (3-0) - You lost to Southridge last year. Congrats on beating Reitz.
5. Reitz (2-1) - Win against North shakes up the SIAC. Already conference title implications at stake.
6. Vincennes (1-2) - Keep it close against Reitz and who knows? Could also be a Bears' blowout.
7. Mount Vernon (3-0) - Quietly undefeated. Is Catholic good this year?
8. Castle (1-1) - Enough players back to deal with Harrison?
9. Tell City (3-0) - We have to Wait until Week 6 vs. Southridge to see if TC can claim a conference title.
10. Gibson Southern (1-2) - Let's see if that scheduling paid off. Still playing for a PAC title.
HM: Mater Dei (1-2) - Coach Goebel only gets his teams better through the season, Boonville (2-1) - Arguably the best athlete in the area keeps the Pioneers within striking distance of Gibson, Memorial (0-3) - Award for toughest SIAC schedule so far

2559DCE8-0DC4-495E-BCFD-DF298ACF2E18.png

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Alduflux said:

I'm curious on the logic behind the Vincennes ranking relative to MD and by extension Castle.

Yeah I think you have to put MD in the top 10 somewhere.

And I would have VL in the 8-10 range honestly, although 6 isn’t out of the question. They were toe to toe with MD and Reitz but weren’t unable to finish. This Friday will tell us a lot more about VL and Central both.

9 hours ago, Titan20 said:

image.jpeg.9f1299707499389f3bd4324a55013b13.jpeg

Gibson will undoubtedly rise. I expect them to win the Big School PAC, but a chink in the Titans' armor may be their rush defense, albeit against the tough schedule. I think Boonville will make enough mistakes, but you always have a chance of some special teams plays. I think we'll know pretty soon if it's going to be close. 

There are two approaches to polls:

- Rank the teams based on success so far, also early on consider that established programs get a boost 

- Rank the teams based on who you think will be better Week 9

I prefer the former, and predict if GS and SR win out, and there's a one loss SIAC team, you'll see the SIAC team or GS No. 1, the other 2, and Southridge 3. As the PAC has proven time and again, you can play a 160-180 SoS and make it to semistate or beyond. Therefore, I trust the Raiders are every bit as tough as years past, but until TC knocks them off you have to honor that. 

2 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Gibson will undoubtedly rise. I expect them to win the Big School PAC, but a chink in the Titans' armor may be their rush defense, albeit against the tough schedule. I think Boonville will make enough mistakes, but you always have a chance of some special teams plays. I think we'll know pretty soon if it's going to be close. 

- Rank the teams based on success so far, also early on consider that established programs get a boost 

I prefer the former, and predict if GS and SR win out, and there's a one loss SIAC team, you'll see the SIAC team or GS No. 1, the other 2, and Southridge 3. As the PAC has proven time and again, you can play a 160-180 SoS and make it to semistate or beyond. Therefore, I trust the Raiders are every bit as tough as years past, but until TC knocks them off you have to honor that. 

Sorry wasn’t talking about GS.  I see you just fixed Vincennes being #6 and MD as honorable mention.  Lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

160-180 SoS is very very generous lol. I believe most of the PAC has been playing a 220ish SoS according to sagarin.  At least that is what I can recall over the last few years. 

deeper playoff runs definitely boost that metric for the PAC. 

Agreed otherwise that the PAC has shown SoS isn’t everything. Sometimes you are just a really good team that can compete with everyone in your class