Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 4

Evansville Bosse (0-2) at Jasper (3-0)
GAME TIME: 7:30 pm ET, Brewer Field.
COACHES: DaMarcus Ganaway, 0-2 in 1st year at Bosse, 12-22 in 4th year overall. Tony Lewis, 9-4 in 2nd year at Jasper, 140-70 in 19th year overall.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Jasper, 66.57, 78th overall, 18th in 4A. Bosse, 17.66, 274th overall, 57th in 3A.
LAST OUTING: Bosse lost to Evansville Central, 62-0. Jasper defeated Evansville Reitz, 35-14.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Bosse 4-2. Jasper 2-7.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Jasper, 5-1
LAST MEETING: Jasper, 46-19, Oct. 22, 2004, sectional.
jh PREDICTION: Jasper, 45-10.
Evansville Memorial (0-3) at Evansville Mater Dei (1-2)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Reitz Bowl.
COACHES: John Hurley, 100-58 in 13th year at Memorial. Mike Goebel, 228-73 in 24th year at Mater Dei.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Memorial, 55.57, 127th overall, 33rd in 4A. Mater Dei, 55.39, 128th overall, 19th in 2A.
LAST OUTING: Memorial lost to Evansville Central, 21-10. Mater Dei defeated Vincennes Lincoln, 17-7.
VS. COMMON FOES: Memorial 0-1; Mater Dei 0-1.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Memorial 9-0. Mater Dei 5-3.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Mater Dei, 28-12
LAST MEETING: Memorial, 10-3, Sep. 13, 2019.
jh PREDICTION: Mater Dei, 14-13.
Evansville Reitz (2-1) at Evansville North (3-0)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Bundrant Stadium.
COACHES: Cory Brunson, 2-1 in 1st year at Reitz, 36-41 in 8th year overall. Joey Paridaen, 9-14 in 3rd year at North, 45-47 in 9th year overall.
SAGARIN RATINGS: North, 69.63, 57th overall, 12th in 5A. Reitz, 47.71, 160th overall, 36th in 4A.
LAST OUTING: Reitz lost to Jasper, 35-14. North defeated Evansville Harrison, 41-0.
VS. COMMON FOES: Reitz 1-0; North 1-0.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Reitz 4-5. North 1-7.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Reitz, 30-8
LAST MEETING: North, 17-13, Oct. 4, 2019.
jh PREDICTION: North, 35-17.
Castle (1-1) at Evansville Harrison (0-3)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Romain Stadium.
COACHES: Doug Hurt, 105-59 in 15th year at Castle. Mo Sutton, 0-3 in 1st year at Harrison.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Castle, 61.66, 100th overall, 18th in 5A. Harrison, 26.54, 244th overall, 53rd in 4A.
LAST OUTING: Castle defeated Evansville Mater Dei, 6-3. Harrison lost to Evansville North, 41-0.
VS. COMMON FOES: Castle 0-1; Harrison 0-1.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Castle 4-2. Harrison 8-1.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Castle, 26-19
LAST MEETING: Castle, 42-0, Oct. 4, 2019.
jh PREDICTION: Castle, 31-10.
Vincennes Lincoln (1-2) at Evansville Central (3-0)
GAME TIME: 6:30 pm CT, Bear Den.
COACHES: Levi Salters, 26-12 in 4th year at Vincennes. Sean Coultis, 12-3 in 2nd year at Central.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Central, 71.91, 47th overall, 9th in 4A. Vincennes, 43.61, 179th overall, 34th in 3A.
LAST OUTING: Vincennes lost to Evansville Mater Dei, 17-7. Central defeated Evansville Memorial, 21-10.
VS. COMMON FOES: Vincennes 1-1; Central 2-0.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Vincennes 3-5. Central 1-7.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Vincennes, 5-2
LAST MEETING: Vincennes, 36-7, Aug. 22, 2003.
jh PREDICTION: Central, 31-10.

Jasper over Bosse, running clock 

Memorial edges MD in a close one 

North beats Reitz for a 2nd year in a row 

Castle over Harrison 

Central over VL by 14

• Like 1

I believe North will be Reitz, but it may or may not be a trap game for them. 

Jasper should have no trouble beating Bosse 

Central should beat VL unless they have a bad night 

Castle will blow out Harrison 

I think Memorial will win this one against MD, but will be an slugfest like last year 

• Like 1

This is the week football takes over.  NCAA, NFL, and week 4 for IHSAA Football.  This is the time of year I love, and I believe many of us on here does too.  To this week games:

Bosse vs Jasper:  Jasper wins big with a running clock, Jasper 49-12

Reitz vs North:  I agree North is for real.  North wins, but it will be close in the 4th qrt.  North 35-27

Castle vs Harrison:  Castle with a running clock.  Castle 45-14

Vincennes vs Central:  Central wins by controlling both sides of the ball.  Central D will shut down Vincennes while the Offense will explode.  Central 42-7

Game of the Week< The Catholic Bowl, Memorial at Mater Dei

I have been able to watch Memorial film.  They have gradually improved each week.  The only game I watch of Mater Dei was against Central.  I think it will be a low scoring game.  Both defense are better than the Offenses.  For me, it comes down to the QB play.  Memorial QB is light year ahead of MD QB.  Memorial takes this one.  Memorial 24-MD 17

7 hours ago, CJJL said:

Jasper-Running Clock

Memorial-Game of the week

North-North is the real deal

Castle-Harrison has a ways to go yet

Central-Lincoln may be rethinking the move to the SIAC

The exact opposite actually. No doubt the expectations have been tempered heading into this season. But the results through 3 weeks are encouraging to say the least. The Reitz and MD games have shown where we lack to win consistently in this league. Even so, those contests were both down to the wire. Physically we match up well, which was a concern of mine. Of course, this Friday will be more telling.

12 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

The exact opposite actually. No doubt the expectations have been tempered heading into this season. But the results through 3 weeks are encouraging to say the least. The Reitz and MD games have shown where we lack to win consistently in this league. Even so, those contests were both down to the wire. Physically we match up well, which was a concern of mine. Of course, this Friday will be more telling.

I agree. I think VL has proven that they can compete with the bigger teams in the SIAC, especially with coaching and physicality. When it comes to overall speed and amount of skilled athletes, that's where their disadvantage may often come. Sure, their goal is probably to win the games, but I would say it's a success for them if they are competitive in each game and maybe go 3-6 in their first SIAC season. I could see them beating Harrison and possibly Memorial. I think they will be competitive against Castle. I don't see them hanging with Central, North, or Jasper. 

Jasper, North and Castle are all pretty easy to call this week. 

VL looks pretty solid on the MD film, but Central is a whole different animal.  VL better be ready for all the extra stuff that Central likes to bring.   

Memorial / Mater Dei is almost always a toss up except in those years where one team is clearly superior.  Neither is this year.  Should be a good game.    

Crazy night of football, as Memorial finally gets onto the win board against 2A#9 Mater Dei, hell of a game. North completely dominated Reitz from the get go, Central had no problem at all with VL tonight, Jasper had no problem. No idea what happened first half of the Castle-Harrison Game 

4 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Crazy night of football, as Memorial finally gets onto the win board against 2A#9 Mater Dei, hell of a game. North completely dominated Reitz from the get go, Central had no problem at all with VL tonight, Jasper had no problem. No idea what happened first half of the Castle-Harrison Game 

Yeah Central is on a whole other level than any competition Lincoln has faced so far. Haven’t seen speed on a team like that in quite some time. And their O Line was dominant as well. 

21 minutes ago, SEAL_63 said:

Yeah Central is on a whole other level than any competition Lincoln has faced so far. Haven’t seen speed on a team like that in quite some time. And their O Line was dominant as well. 

IMO Capehart from North is the best player in the SIAC.  Wait till you see him.  We’ve played the top 3 teams and IMO North is #1.  SIAC is tough almost every week.

• Like 1