Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral at Bishop Chatard

20 hours ago, Hoosier1102 said:

Not necessarily comparing them to another team, maybe compared to Last years cathedral defense...

Shiloh was definitely a big loss for the secondary and the d-line doesn’t look as strong this year, definitely still a talented group but a lot of young guys that I would assume chatard will attempt to target throughout the game passing  wise...

I expect the best matchup of the night to be cathedral offense against chatard defense. Will be interesting to see McCahil, Jordan, Perry, Langdon, Wooten, Tibbs/Page pair up with Calvert, Kinnett, Bolen, Coons, Haslett, Fillenwarth, Babcock... should be very exciting to watch and will really be where the game is decided in my opinion...

no one on chatard can matchup with Jordan. It is not even close lol. Cathedral wins no less than 3 touchdowns. 

10 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Interesting statement

out of every player you named for chatard, i do not know who you expect to line up against Jordan.    Nothing has changed besides the Receiving core being better than it was last year. Scary sight. Double team Jordan and let Page and Perry have a fun night. 🙂

meant to respond that to someone else, my fault ^^^^

2 hours ago, IrishAlum22 said:

out of every player you named for chatard, i do not know who you expect to line up against Jordan.    Nothing has changed besides the Receiving core being better than it was last year. Scary sight. Double team Jordan and let Page and Perry have a fun night. 🙂

meant to respond that to someone else, my fault ^^^^

Wayyyyy too much confidence in a guy that played very below average defenses for the first 3 weeks. Half his catches versus Carmel and Penn were straight up the seam untouched by a single defender and blown coverages. Aggressive chatard DB’s will not be playing patty cake and allowing free release down the seam. No doubt he will make some plays but this chatard defense is known for being one of the most aggressive, fast, and hard hitting defenses every year state-wide. I’d study up before assuming one guy can win the game against a veteran defense more aggressive than the historically soft Carmel defense of a few weeks ago😂

9 minutes ago, Hoosier1102 said:

Wayyyyy too much confidence in a guy that played very below average defenses for the first 3 weeks. Half his catches versus Carmel and Penn were straight up the seam untouched by a single defender and blown coverages. Aggressive chatard DB’s will not be playing patty cake and allowing free release down the seam. No doubt he will make some plays but this chatard defense is known for being one of the most aggressive, fast, and hard hitting defenses every year state-wide. I’d study up before assuming one guy can win the game against a veteran defense more aggressive than the historically soft Carmel defense of a few weeks ago😂

Assume this isn’t a Chatard guy. I can’t wait to see who BCHS D-Coordinator decides to key on. Page might be one of the better slot receivers in the state. Wooten is a 6’3, 255lb TE. Etc. 

I’m hoping the Cathedral D is the difference maker. Love our junior LBs - Huddy, Goheen, Utzinger. And our rassler captain Guuuuuhl.

It will be a typical, ugly rivalry battle and I can’t wait. Praying for an injury free game. See you all at 4:30p tomorrow at KofC. First Fireball is on me. Go Irish. 

52 minutes ago, Hoosier1102 said:

DId you not watch him torch teams his junior year? Chatard will get eaten alive in the air attack.  You seem to have alot of confidence in chatard defense.... who have they played this year that is any good....? no one. Lets talk after the game tomorrow. 

O/U 250 yards in the air?

16 minutes ago, IrishAlum22 said:

DId you not watch him torch teams his junior year? Chatard will get eaten alive in the air attack.  You seem to have alot of confidence in chatard defense.... who have they played this year that is any good....? no one. Lets talk after the game tomorrow. 

O/U 250 yards in the air?

Hagerman of Brebeuf is top 10 in passing Yards right now. East central took it to Cincy Moeller who is historically a great out of state program. And Roncalli has one of the hardest hitting running backs in the state. The game will speak for itself tomorrow. Classic cathedral attitude going into the game against their “little brothers, or CYO Allstars”

Having seen both teams play, I believe this is a very difficult matchup for Chatard. Cathedral's o line vs Chatard's D line is a huge advantage for the Irish. Cathedral will play a double TE formation to add to strength. Langdon should have a big day. Chatard expects a big day passing vs cathedral secondary. Expect lots of points. I like Cathedral 56-21.

1 hour ago, Hoosier1102 said:

Hagerman of Brebeuf is top 10 in passing Yards right now. East central took it to Cincy Moeller who is historically a great out of state program. And Roncalli has one of the hardest hitting running backs in the state. The game will speak for itself tomorrow. Classic cathedral attitude going into the game against their “little brothers, or CYO Allstars”

that backed you up in no way lol. Chatard will always be the little brothers 🙂

Looks like this thread has been hijacked by 17 year olds taking jabs from the school computer labs, aka their parents' basement in the year of covid. Or at least I hope these are teenagers.

Looking forward to watching two great programs go to war tomorrow night. I hope it's more exciting than most on here are anticipating. Go Trojans!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

It's good to see the back and forth on this one!   Nothing like a bit of trash talk to hang on the wall!

I really like the Jordan comments.  It seems he has another pretty good QB throwing the rock to his this year.

And Moeller turned the ball over 8 times against Cathedral last year in Cincy.  How many times has anyone seen a team, at any level, turn it over 8 times in a game.  In my 65 years of watching high school ball, it's the first time I've seen that many to's in one game.

10 hours ago, Hoosier1102 said:

Please go to 0:58 of this video. 88 yds. I've watched them play great defense's and he has broke free (eg St. Xavier 2 times last year). I hated it for him that he was injured in the Brebeuf game last year and missed the playoffs. He was having an outstanding season.

10 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Assume this isn’t a Chatard guy. I can’t wait to see who BCHS D-Coordinator decides to key on. Page might be one of the better slot receivers in the state. Wooten is a 6’3, 255lb TE. Etc. 

I’m hoping the Cathedral D is the difference maker. Love our junior LBs - Huddy, Goheen, Utzinger. And our rassler captain Guuuuuhl.

It will be a typical, ugly rivalry battle and I can’t wait. Praying for an injury free game. See you all at 4:30p tomorrow at KofC. First Fireball is on me. Go Irish. 

Very tempting! Reminds me of my first ND home game I ever attended. The tailgate had plenty of Fireball and Dr. McGillicuddy's! Enjoy it!

9 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

And Moeller turned the ball over 8 times against Cathedral last year in Cincy.  How many times has anyone seen a team, at any level, turn it over 8 times in a game.  In my 65 years of watching high school ball, it's the first time I've seen that many to's in one game.

I think Chatard had 7-8 turnovers in their semi-state game against Memorial a couple years ago, and 4 of them were returned for touchdowns!  Like you, it was the first time I had seen anything like it in many years of watching high school football. 

2 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Please go to 0:58 of this video. 88 yds. I've watched them play great defense's and he has broke free (eg St. Xavier 2 times last year). I hated it for him that he was injured in the Brebeuf game last year and missed the playoffs. He was having an outstanding season.

Busted coverage on one play, obviously u didn’t watch the rest of the game. 

10 hours ago, IrishAlum22 said:

that backed you up in no way lol. Chatard will always be the little brothers 🙂

I see your arrogance and childishness knows no bounds. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BCstate said:

I most certainly did. Qb was 15 of 28 for 225 yds. Aside from that the comment I responded to was not allowing a free release to him and it did happen. Nothing more nothing less with video evidence. The players are HS players busted coverages and mistakes will happen.

The Trojans do not have the depth compared to last season and they do not have a top-tier running back as compared to past years.  Coons is pretty good but he also plays defense so they have to platoon RBs.  Chatard's lines are pretty small but they are very talented.  They took it to much larger Roncalli linemen.  I think Cathedral has too much offensive firepower and depth.  The star from the southside, Nathan McCahill, is proving to be a real leader.  Cathedral 35-14.           

This is an intriguing match up.  5A Cathedral is rated #2 in the state behind 6A Center Grove in the Sagarins this week.  Center Grove is ranked #13 in the National Poll.  I guess that must mean that Cathedral is pretty darn good.  However, 3A Chatard is rated #6 in this week's Sagarins so they must be pretty good as well.  As a casual observer and having no dog in this fight, I'll go with Cathedral, 24 - 14 on the road although I think it will be close at the half.

Two questions totally irrelevant to this evenings game.  I know there is no such thing as stupid questions just stupid people, so allow me to be stupid for a minute.

If Chatard wins state again this year in 3A....will they move to 4A next year?

If Cathedral were to win state this year in 5A...would they have to win state again in 2021 to move to 6A?  

And a sectional championship for both schools keeps them in same classification for next two years?

Time to drink BEER.  Go Irish!

10 hours ago, BCstate said:

I see your arrogance and childishness knows no bounds. 

touchdown cathedral and completly busted them in the air attack. Cam jordan and micheal page. rest of the night will be fun to watch!