Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 4

New week, new thread  Week 4, here we go. 

NV 0 Linton 35 - COVID, injuries, etc. Whatever it is at NV isn’t good.  The single wing offense is in full force playing Linton this week.   Linton rolls. 

PH 35 - Carrol (Flora) 28 - With Attica being down kids, the Wolves watched enough film on the Carrol Cougars to accept the game.  Will C. Johnson continue his pace to break all of L. White’s records and how soon will it happen?  Is this the first true test for the Wolves and can they stop the ground game of Carrol?  

SV vs North Central - Another stout non-conference game for the 2A South Vermillion University.   You have to feel back for the T-birds losing both their QB and RB to injuries for the season.   More importantly, will SV get to play due to COVID.  And from what was written and told, did they withhold telling RP about the positive cases until after their game Saturday?   Was that the “revenge” another user said SV would get This past week or was that the “business decision” coaches make as another user put it.  If played, SV rolls in a sleeper.  3 weeks until their matchup with PH to determine the conference championship.   

Seeger vs RP - It appears the COVID hangover for the fighting Herbs is over.  COVID continues to hammer RP’s roster, I’ve heard. When will RP get back many of their kids to find out who they really are?   Seeger takes this one and marches on to games against Cov and FC the following two weeks.   The first two games of Oct will give us an indication of how good Seeger is - Sheridan and SV back-to-back weeks.   And continued fingers crossed both PH and Seeger get an open date together just so they have to commit or decline.  

Covington vs FC - It was surprising to see the Trojans put up 50 on the Falcons.   And I’m not mad they passed a little up 20+ in the 4th.  Turn about is fair play and the Falcon have put their share of beatings on the conference on the last few years.  The Trojans look for a small win streak with another win, only this time over the Mustangs and their triple option attack.    At 0-1 and maybe no game next week vs Attica, I don’t see a win on their schedule given SV, Seeger, PH and NV await them in the coming weeks   

Linton vs North Vermillion - Hopefully both teams make it out of this game healthy.  Miners 56 Falcons 6

Parke Heritage vs Caroll - Wolves only scheduling cupcakes and not afraid to post their stats!  PH 49 Carroll 20

South Vermillion vs North Central - Thankful to have a game, wish it was against someone better. SV 54 NC 0 How many weeks until SV-PH??

Seeger vs Riverton Parke - Seeger rolls. Seeger 48 RP 12  Sets up the somebody has to win Bowl next week: RP vs NV

Covington vs FC - Trojans showed some fire power last week, must be some XFL play calling.  Trojans 42 Mustangs 12

I would like to see Parke Heritage and South Vermillion scrap the rest of their schedule and just play each other for the next 5 weeks heading into the tournament.  I don't think the rest of the WRC is within 4 TD's of these 2.

• Haha 1

Linton 48, NV 0.  Not really much to say about this one other than big time mismatch.  Week 5 appears to be more to the Falcons’ liking...better days are ahead!

Wolfs 58, Carroll 6.  Only thing that will stop the Wolfs in this game is a breakdown of the bus...as long as it makes it the long trip  ok then the Wolfs will playing their 3rd straight running clock game.  

D1’s 46, NC 0.  Assuming this game is played the D1’s will just be too much for the T-Birds.  Rumor has it that there are some WRC schools very upset with the D1’s and their shenanigans from last week/end.  

Herbies 44, RP 6.  Herbies are starting to hit their stride.  Panthers are still trying to get rid of the Covid’s.  

Covington 52, FC 12.  Long year for the Stangs.  Covington appears to be getting comfortable with their new coach.  

Week 4 already? Here we go...

Linton 55 North Vermillion 18 - A usually competitive game has seen the Miners pull away late the last few years. When is the last time the Falcons were 0-4? Well, they will be this year. They won't care much about this one. They'll be looking ahead to their match-up with Riverton Parke next week, hoping for a win. 

Carroll (Flora) 35 Parke Heritage 34 - The HOF coach gambles this week after losing a sure win game against Attica. A long bus ride and the Cougars ground game exposes the Wolves Defense. Best game of the week among WRC teams. 

South Vermillion 2 North Central (Farmersburg) 0 - Rumors not withstanding, the Wildcats and the T-Birds may not get to play this one. If they do, I don't think SV will struggle much. NC is down a couple guys too. Riverton Parke came out swinging Saturday and SV had a disaster of a start. Lots of penalties and muffed punts. D1 QB even threw a pick on the first play. The Visor hopefully can get his team to focus a little more. Better teams await them and better teams will make the Wildcats look like Mildcats. 

Seeger 35 Riverton Parke 12 - Big and slow is the way to go for the Patriots. They seemed to right the ship a little beating down a lowly Jay County team. The Panthers hopefully put up more of a fight than they did last week after that first quarter with SV. Seems that dang Covid affect is real. This will be the Panthers' third varsity game in 13 days. 

Covington 42 Fountain Central 14 - The Trojan Spread, No-Huddle was in full effect last Friday. They'll get another one this week. Mustangs won't be able to hang. 

Attica - A week off for the Ramblers. I hear they're banged up. Panthers must've hit them pretty hard last Monday. 

15 minutes ago, Bear54 said:

Week 4 already? Here we go...

Linton 55 North Vermillion 18 - A usually competitive game has seen the Miners pull away late the last few years. When is the last time the Falcons were 0-4? Well, they will be this year. They won't care much about this one. They'll be looking ahead to their match-up with Riverton Parke next week, hoping for a win. 

Carroll (Flora) 35 Parke Heritage 34 - The HOF coach gambles this week after losing a sure win game against Attica. A long bus ride and the Cougars ground game exposes the Wolves Defense. Best game of the week among WRC teams. 

South Vermillion 2 North Central (Farmersburg) 0 - Rumors not withstanding, the Wildcats and the T-Birds may not get to play this one. If they do, I don't think SV will struggle much. NC is down a couple guys too. Riverton Parke came out swinging Saturday and SV had a disaster of a start. Lots of penalties and muffed punts. D1 QB even threw a pick on the first play. The Visor hopefully can get his team to focus a little more. Better teams await them and better teams will make the Wildcats look like Mildcats. 

Seeger 35 Riverton Parke 12 - Big and slow is the way to go for the Patriots. They seemed to right the ship a little beating down a lowly Jay County team. The Panthers hopefully put up more of a fight than they did last week after that first quarter with SV. Seems that dang Covid affect is real. This will be the Panthers' third varsity game in 13 days. 

Covington 42 Fountain Central 14 - The Trojan Spread, No-Huddle was in full effect last Friday. They'll get another one this week. Mustangs won't be able to hang. 

Attica - A week off for the Ramblers. I hear they're banged up. Panthers must've hit them pretty hard last Monday. 

I might make the trek down to Carroll to watch Parke Heritage. 

1 hour ago, wrcsage said:

Linton 48, NV 0.  Not really much to say about this one other than big time mismatch.  Week 5 appears to be more to the Falcons’ liking...better days are ahead!

Wolfs 58, Carroll 6.  Only thing that will stop the Wolfs in this game is a breakdown of the bus...as long as it makes it the long trip  ok then the Wolfs will playing their 3rd straight running clock game.  

D1’s 46, NC 0.  Assuming this game is played the D1’s will just be too much for the T-Birds.  Rumor has it that there are some WRC schools very upset with the D1’s and their shenanigans from last week/end.  

Herbies 44, RP 6.  Herbies are starting to hit their stride.  Panthers are still trying to get rid of the Covid’s.  

Covington 52, FC 12.  Long year for the Stangs.  Covington appears to be getting comfortable with their new coach.  

I’m not sure about about how upset schools are,  but if SV knew of positive cases prior to a game and didn’t at least tell the opposing teams administrators, then any frustration is justified.   That issue becomes healthy and safety, not football.  

I’ve also heard a rumor that the D1 coach is known to text and email clips of plays and players to officials prior to games to “be aware of”.    Can someone confirm this rumor?   Is this trying to gain a petty advantage, looking out player safety or exactly what a D1 coach does?   

15 hours ago, Air bud said:

Looks like the Thunder chickens lucked out this week. Rumor is Covid put the visor and his D1's on the bench this week. 

Not so sure about that.  I have heard that the D1’s are moving mountains trying to get all football games played.  Without this special football season the D1’s have no identity.  

28 minutes ago, wrcsage said:

Not so sure about that.  I have heard that the D1’s are moving mountains trying to get all football games played.  Without this special football season the D1’s have no identity.  

I've heard the same. Looks like it is still on for Saturday afternoon. Haven't seen any offical announcements that this week's game has been cancelled. Apparently the dang Covid doesn't affect Wildcat Football like it has other teams in the WRC. The season of destiny continues...

2 hours ago, CheapSeats said:

If you want to keep sports going and athletes from being innocent bystanders to quarantine, why wouldn't you go virtual school?  I think SV made the total right decision to go virtual and keep the season going!!

I don’t disagree.   I think many would argue that the SV school board has taken their own direction in how they handle the pandemic vs other schools, including sports.   If it can be done safely (including telling other teams prior to games of a potential COVID case),  then keep kids active.  For many in the area sports are the most structure they see throughout their day. 

Hey Cheapseats - you seem to have a grasp on the inner workings at SV.  Can you please confirm what I heard recently that the D1’s coach actually sends clips and film to officials on game weeks to give them a heads up on players?   I hope this isn’t true. Or maybe it is and more coaches do it than I’m aware of. 

Edited by WRCNFL333
Error

5 hours ago, WRCNFL333 said:

I don’t disagree.   I think many would argue that the SV school board has taken their own direction in how they handle the pandemic vs other schools, including sports.   If it can be done safely (including telling other teams prior to games of a potential COVID case),  then keep kids active.  For many in the area sports are the most structure they see throughout their day. 

Hey Cheapseats - you seem to have a grasp on the inner workings at SV.  Can you please confirm what I heard recently that the D1’s coach actually sends clips and film to officials on game weeks to give them a heads up on players?   I hope this isn’t true. Or maybe it is and more coaches do it than I’m aware of. 

I seem to remember a crew here and there asking for film so that they can review their performance. It doesn't happen often, but it is certainly not unheard of.

If there was something specific a coach wanted a crew to be aware of I don't think that sending film in advance would be out of line.

7 hours ago, wabashalwaysfights said:

I seem to remember a crew here and there asking for film so that they can review their performance. It doesn't happen often, but it is certainly not unheard of.

If there was something specific a coach wanted a crew to be aware of I don't think that sending film in advance would be out of line.

Officials reviewing their own performances on game film is commonplace. Our crew started doing it in the 1980s. These days with virtually everyone using HUDL, it’s a lot easier. I used to carry a blank VHS cassette to my games, with a self-addressed, stamped mailer, to get a copy of the game video. If I didn’t have it by Wednesday, I’d start making a nuisance of myself. But in 43 yrs of officiating, I’ve never heard of a coach sending video to a crew in advance of a game. In fact, aside from those schools where the AD was also the head FB coach, I don’t ever remember communicating with a coach in the week before a game.

So what are these tapes that are being talked about? I would assume officials would only review tapes after a game and it would be to critique their own performance. 

If they were sent for “player safety” I would think the coach would reach out to other schools to notify other teams so coaches could protect their players. Remember this is about player safety and not win or losses. 

Were they sent to try to gain an advantage? Or were they sent to the crew because the coach doesn’t think the crew is competent enough to be officiating the game on their own? if that’s the case maybe they need to look at outside of their regular crew and find some different officials.  

I’m not concerned one way or another as I have no dog in the fight. But you are in The wrong place if you think anything will be dropped here. It’s still brought up every week that PH canceled their week one game. Supposedly that was do you players safety concern. 

Lets all have a good Friday!

1 hour ago, Oldschoolfan said:

I’m not concerned one way or another as I have no dog in the fight. But you are in The wrong place if you think anything will be dropped here. It’s still brought up every week that PH canceled their week one game. Supposedly that was do you players safety concern. 

Lets all have a good Friday!

Tell me about it! It's the same thing with Brian Moore being a talent chaser. Everyone wants to harp on that just because he's coached at three different WRC schools. How can you blame a guy for putting himself in the best position to win? How about all of those coaches who won, then stayed loyal to their school, only to be fired when the talent ran out? It goes both ways.