Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NIC Week 4

Let's see:

Elkhart - nothing else to say but they could be looking ahead to Penn next week

Jimtown/Glenn - Some thought this was Glenn;s moment to shine - After last week cannot see Jimtown losing

Marian -New Prairie- more athletes with the Knights and NP could not stop Andrean

Penn - East Noble - the Knights are 3-0 and Penn is recovering from Cathedral right now toss-up maybe slight lean to EN being home

Adams - SJ  Some SJ fans think last week turned the corner.  Adams is 3-0 but weak competition.  Last year SJ beat Adams bad.  An interesting neighborhood battle.  We will find out about these 2 teams this week.

Clay - Riley - Cats

Triton - Bremen  Like what I saw from the Lions week 1

On 9/8/2020 at 6:19 PM, Rocket said:

8A9C74E1-18E4-41FF-9074-E4CC0D3C2867.thumb.jpeg.406abd52812751a72c241d05ac7b245f.jpeg

Elkhart- I’ll say it again who allowed this to be scheduled @ Wash. This one will be lopsided. 60-0 

Marian- Still hard to gauge NP this year playing Andrean. Marian by 14

Penn - should be a win for Penn. 28-7

Adams- The eagles need to get it going in the first half and not slow St Joe to stay in it. 28-17

Riley- Wins big 

Bremen- (30/40)to 14

Glenn/Jimtown- no comment on this one this week. Let’s see if Glenn exits the locker room this week. 

On 9/8/2020 at 5:19 PM, Rocket said:

8A9C74E1-18E4-41FF-9074-E4CC0D3C2867.thumb.jpeg.406abd52812751a72c241d05ac7b245f.jpeg

Elkhart takes Washington to the woodshed. Looks like Elkhart is the heavy favorites to win the conference this year (honestly I don't know if anybody else is capable of beating them on their worst day). Will be a long night for the panther pack.

Jimtown beats up on little brother. Everyone was flying high with the falcons until the dud of last week. Jimtown takes cares of business.

Marian slips by the Cougs.  I think Marian has to many playmakers on the edge for the cougars. Andrean pounded NP, Andrean is a very good squad that went toe to toe with Valpo in their scrimmage so no shame in losing, just wish it would of been a little more competitive. Should be a good game in Mishawaka.

Penn wins by a touchdown. This one is a toss-up. I don't think east noble is as good as their 3-0 record and state appearance last year indicate. But still a good team none-the-less. Penn makes just enough plays to win it.

St. Joe nips the Eagles in an ihsaa record 10 OTs. Is St. Joe good? Bad? mediocre? nobody knows. Is Adams good? bad? mediocre? nobody knows. This game probably won't answer to many questions about either teams ability unfortunately. 

Riley races past clay. Clay is bbbaaadddd

Bremen wins one against the trojans. Bremen wins by 3+ TDs

Recap:

Elkhart- Dont see many teams in the North slowing them down. Wash had no chance.

St. Joe is a little better then most thought they would be. They slowed down an offense putting up decent numbers. 

Bremen- isn’t looking too bad. RB seems a bit cocky flexing for the camera, lol. 

Marian will be tough to slow down. They have a good receiving core. They better start assigning 2 guys on Jayson Johnson. Seems to make the highlight reel every week.

Penn- didn’t think EN would make this as close as it was. Seems like Penn has lost its edge.

Riley- played clay.....I guess good 1st win for Kinzie. But he’ll be coaching live from his podcast this week after getting flagged twice and being kicked out of the game. 

Glenn- Sharp must be banging his head somewhere. That “old” school Jimmies offense was not in full display. Glenn caused a fumble on Jimtowns 1st 3 possessions and held onto the ball almost the entire 1st quarter. Score doesn’t reflect the pounding Glenn was giving them. Wideouts dropped 2 open TD passes and the kicker missed his 1st attempt wide right. They’ll have to clean that up this week. 

On 9/8/2020 at 7:15 PM, MarshallCounty said:

Elkhart subs will be playing in the 2nd qt.

Glenn bounces back and gets over the Jimtown mental block.

Marian over NP tight.

Penn by 10

Saint Joe finds its groove.

Riley when’s this battle in the bend

Bremen

Not to bad, if only I good wager money on high school sports on Fanduel.

5 minutes ago, Hsfootballfan100 said:

This is the least talented team they’ve had since the 70s and it’s not even close. 

I don’t know about least talented. But I have no idea why #27 who was listed as 6’2 205 was playing wideout. It wasn’t that hard to know when he came in it was a pass play. He should of been playing tailback. Their offense is run 1st and their best athlete was outside taking up space.

Few thoughts

SJ - Adams 2 fairly even teams.  I do not get the game plan of 95% if not more of the plans were direct snaps to the QB or RB and they ran.  Adams never tried to get Jeffries in the game.  Very strange game that had some strange decisions by each school but SJ gutted it out

After seeing Glenn last week and they beat Jimtown this week I am scratching my head.  I did not see that coming

Not surprised by Marian and not sure anyone up north can compete with them until Chatard

Rest of the game went as I expected