Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CIC Week 4

No excuses, but with the unsecured site I was unable to start the the topic last week.... On to week 4!!!

Eastbrook at Oak Hill

Eastbrook looked good against Ole Miss. Hopefully the Indians can find their groove to make this rival competitive again soon.

Blackford at Alexandria

Both teams coming off a victory and hungry for #2.  Should be a good game, taking Blackford in a close one.

Elwood at Frankton

Elwood has lost 23 straight, Frankton 8.  Frankton breaks one streak, Elwood keeps the other going.

Mississinewa at Madison-Grant

Feel like this could also be a close game early, but the numbers of Ole Miss will wear down M-G and turn in to a marginal win for the Indians.

Fun fact I heard on the TribeTV broadcast of last weeks Indians v Panthers game:

"Since Eastbrook joined the CIC in '97, there has been at least one coaching change in the CIC."

-Coach Jeff Adamson, 32 years strong at Eastbrook.

Stay safe from a distance, have safe travels to the games friday! 

Eastbrook @ Oak Hill                        Panthers roll on

Blackford @ Alexandria                    Bruins are getting better, They cutting down their mistakes

Elwood @ Frankton                               Frankton needs to learn how to  play Hard for 4 quarters.  If they can win a few more 

Mississinewa @ Madison Grant     David vs Goliath of the CIC based on Size  Goliath is to much

Stay healthy everyone!

Eastbrook @ Oak Hill       No brainer really                 

Blackford @ Alexandria            Tigers have been missing multiple starters, they should all be back this week. Alex by 14        

Elwood @ Frankton                  I have hope that my Alma Mater can get things going this week. The group of Juniors have been playing since day 1 as freshman, it's their week             

Mississinewa @ Madison Grant   MG is scrappy, but Ole Miss has too many kids to run in fresh legs and wear them down.

Eastbrook in a easy win 4-5tds! 

Alexandria in a nail biter higher scoring game! 

Frankton by 3tds in a ugly low scoring game.

Ole miss by 4tds. MG couldn't capitalize on the numerous Alex mistakes. Will get pummeled by Ole miss 

Eastbrook at Oak Hill--Eastbrook scores early and often.  Oak Hill doesn't have the offense to keep up as Eastbrook rolls to the win.

Blackford at Alexandria--Blackford doesn't have the numbers this year that they need to be able to give players rest.  Alexandria rolls to the win.

Elwood at Frankton--This game will decide last place in the CIC.  Elwood has a new coach again this year.  Frankton though is a little stronger and pulls out the win barely.

Mississinewa at MG--First time in 9 years that Ole Miss started the season 0-3.  MG made it to the sectional finals last year.  Mississinewa has the numbers and size advantage.  This one goes to the Indians as they get back on track to start a winning streak.

Eastbrook at Oak Hill--Eastbrook wins by 14

Blackford at Alexandria--Blackford wins by 27 possibly 28.

Elwood at Frankton--Frankton wins by 21

Mississinewa at MG--Upset Pick of the week.  Madison Grant wins this with a 48 yard field goal as time expires with a score of 16-14.  It will be a controversial play because it will appear as if the right wing false starts but there will be no flag on the play. 

Edited by bittergymteacher

I went and watched the Eastbrook vs Ole Miss game last Friday. Couple things stood out.

Line play is terrible for the Indians. QB has no time to do anything.

Someone at the game told me they though Ole Miss was the second best team in CIC? If this is the case then the CIC is horrible. There is no way the team i seen Friday is a second place team. Is the talent that far down, or did the coaching change hurt them that bad?

Eastbrooks QB is a big strong kid and throws the ball decent which will help them in the tournament.

Eastbrook at Oak Hill-  Eastbrook by 3 TDs.  I think it will be more than that at halftime but Oak Hill might gain a little in the 2nd half against the JV/freshmen like Mississinewa did last week.

Blackford at Alexandria-  Blackford by 2 TD's.  Blackford does a better job running an offense that controls the game.  I'm assuming Alexandria still hasn't figured out that throwing 75% of the time doesn't usually work at this level.

Elwood at Frankton-  Frankton by 2 TD's.  I don't think Frankton is Elwood bad yet.

Mississinewa at MG-  Mississinewa should win and I'll pick them by 2 TDs.  I don't think MG has the team speed to stop Campbell.  Mississinewa did a terrible job getting it to Campbell last week though.  He had 1 carry for -2 yards and they instantly gave up on it and tried to throw to him the rest of the game.  In the past even bad Mississinewa teams acted like they were the best team in the world.  At least until kickoff.  I saw no confidence in the group that was on the field Friday.  MG will be disciplined and will fight.   If 1A MG is ahead or even close to the 4A Indians at halftime the spectators will get one of the best fireworks shows of the year on the Mississinewa sidelines.  

2 hours ago, CoachOsGhost said:

Let's talk of the toilet bowl this week Elwood vs. Frankton. Frankton has some talent but let's face it they get out coached 90% of the time. With that week schedule they have no way they should ever finish below 500. If Frankton loses can we start looking for a new coach? 

Frankton opponents are 7-2(Tri-Central 3-0, Lapel 3-0, Blackford 1-2) not so easy. No disrespect just my opinion.

3 hours ago, CoachOsGhost said:

Let's talk of the toilet bowl this week Elwood vs. Frankton. Frankton has some talent but let's face it they get out coached 90% of the time. With that week schedule they have no way they should ever finish below 500. If Frankton loses can we start looking for a new coach? 

I agree with you! Plus from what I understand most other Coaches cannot stand him either!