Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Anyone Surprised, I am not

Kudos to Coach K and his football program.  That is a tremendous accomplishment.  He had a clear vision for that program and they have certainly achieved or surpassed his expectations.

I am not surprised by any of this. New Pal is struggling and for good reason. 14 starters no longer available from last year including Mr. Football. A minimum of 5-7 starters that are sidelines for the season with injuries. And even with those facts they still remain competitive. The game with Fortville was awful. Both teams were not sharp but Fortville was clearly above the talent level that New Pal fielded. The officiating was awful not to say that this would have made a difference in the outcome but it would have made for a closer game. The sidelines showed that New Pal has a numbers issue compared to Fortville and that is not a health situation. New Pal is well coached and will remain competitive throughout the rest of the year but I don't look to see them advance very far in post season. Yes, teams do get better as the season progresses but without a roster that provides good secondary (back-up) talent when injuries and graduation present themselves, you won't being seeing Lucas Stadium for some time.

New Pal is down, Ben Davis and Warren Central are unranked, it took unranked Penn overtime to defeat a 4a school, and Snider isn't even ranked in the Top 4 of their own conference..............might even be bottom 4. Scratching my head. Are we nearing end times?

1 hour ago, Acestrack said:

I am not surprised by any of this. New Pal is struggling and for good reason. 14 starters no longer available from last year including Mr. Football. A minimum of 5-7 starters that are sidelines for the season with injuries. And even with those facts they still remain competitive. The game with Fortville was awful. Both teams were not sharp but Fortville was clearly above the talent level that New Pal fielded. The officiating was awful not to say that this would have made a difference in the outcome but it would have made for a closer game. The sidelines showed that New Pal has a numbers issue compared to Fortville and that is not a health situation. New Pal is well coached and will remain competitive throughout the rest of the year but I don't look to see them advance very far in post season. Yes, teams do get better as the season progresses but without a roster that provides good secondary (back-up) talent when injuries and graduation present themselves, you won't being seeing Lucas Stadium for some time.

part of the roster size disparity is the Dragons are only traveling/dressing 50.  I think there are more kids in the Dragons program this year than any point since I've been here.

3 hours ago, BTF said:

New Pal is down, Ben Davis and Warren Central are unranked, it took unranked Penn overtime to defeat a 4a school, and Snider isn't even ranked in the Top 4 of their own conference..............might even be bottom 4. Scratching my head. Are we nearing end times?

Dial up some highlights of Merrillville, BTF.

Its their hour of power.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BTF said:

I wonder if those programs are candidates for contraction? 😂

And a quick note. That wasn't just "a 4A school". They are ranked 3rd in the state and it was the first regular season loss for the Knights since August of 2018. That is a good program.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PennBallWizard said:

I wonder if those programs are candidates for contraction? 😂

And a quick note. That wasn't just "a 4A school". They are ranked 3rd in the state and it was the first regular season loss for the Knights since August of 2018. That is a good program.

East Noble is a very good 4a program. But Penn teams of the past would have waxed them. 

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Dial up some highlights of Merrillville, BTF.

Its their hour of power.

Good for them..............and anyone else in the Duneland. Much respect for that conference, it's time for a state championship. I'll be pulling for the Pirates! And how bout Hobart? Not Duneland, but certainly a team The Region can be proud of!

• Like 2

Appears a strong correlation between being a pe teacher and successful coach. I’ve been out of the loop for awhile can coaches give kids supplements? I remember back in 97 I’d walk 10 blocks across town past clark high school and buy my own creatine and ripped fuel for football.

1 minute ago, BDGiant93 said:

I am not surprised at all. Mike took this job because he thought he could do something. He's brought the same drive and work ethic he had for years to Mount Vernon, and he's building a monster out there! I couldn't be happier for my friend and former colleague.

Furthermore, he, I think, has been reinvigorated by the challenge of building something. Mt. Vernon has been a solid program, but he's giving them more success than they've seen. It's a different challenge than what he had at BD.

5 hours ago, BTF said:

Good for them..............and anyone else in the Duneland. Much respect for that conference, it's time for a state championship. I'll be pulling for the Pirates! And how bout Hobart? Not Duneland, but certainly a team The Region can be proud of!

Since there's been a Class 6A, the DAC has done better state wide....  Valpo 2019, LaPorte...2014 have both reached finals they might not have reached if there was no 6A.....when all DAC teams were 5A, all but one DAC team eliminated each other by the regional

This year (5A) #3 Valparaiso and 6A #4 Merrillville may both have a ticket to ride.