Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Southwestern Indiana Top 10 Power Rankings - Week 5 - 2020

After Week 4
1. Central (4-0) - Only given up two TDs. "Yes but Central didn't beat Memorial by as much as North." It's a shame we have to wait until Week 9 unless the Bears stumble on The Hill...
2. North (4-0) - Maybe the best team in the poll, just not yet. Win against Bosse will give Coach Paridaen a 47-47 all-time record.
3. Southridge (4-0) - Hope the Titans and Raiders are healthy. Goes without saying, a win justifies their weak SoS. "Oh my, how can little 'ole Southridge be ranked 3rd?" 
4. Jasper (4-0) - Things starting to get real, let's see if that Big 8 depth argument holds water.
5. Castle (2-1) - Hard to get a read on Castle. If North is that good, then maybe the Knights have SIAC hopes if the chips fall right.
6. Mount Vernon (3-1) - Losing to a ranked 2A Kentucky team by a score doesn't sting as bad as a PAC loss would.
7. Reitz (2-2) - I want to believe this Reitz team can deliver. Opportunity this week. Not showing up in big games.
8. Tell City (4-0) - Congrats Rookie Coach Webb. Take in the sites in Larry Bird country.
9. Gibson Southern (2-2) - Not as convincing win as they'd like. Might take it out on da 'Ridge and jump WAY up.
10. Memorial (1-3) - Harrison and Bosse up next, then Reitz
HM: Mater Dei 1-3, Boonville 2-2, Some teams near and dear to my heart need to continue finding their identity and  their roles.

FYI, one of the hardest Top 10s to ever piece together

I think we might learn some things this week.  MD @ Jasper, GS @ Southridge & Lincoln @ Castle.  I could see the road teams winning each of those, which if it happens might mean we have 2 really good teams (Central & North) who would probably beat everyone else 9 out of 10 times, and a bunch of other teams that might split with each other if they played 10 times.  

• Like 1

Looks like I had Southridge slotted correctly. Tough stretch upcoming for Jasper. Anyone watch the game against MD? How do you think they'll fair against the SIAC's best? Without Gibson Southern and HH so dominate, the Big PAC isn't looking so great. Titans still control their destiny without any conference losses.

4 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Looks like I had Southridge slotted correctly. Tough stretch upcoming for Jasper. Anyone watch the game against MD? How do you think they'll fair against the SIAC's best? Without Gibson Southern and HH so dominate, the Big PAC isn't looking so great. Titans still control their destiny without any conference losses.

I think Jasper can compete very well with Castle and North. If they play fairly mistake free and not turn the ball over, they can also compete with Central. Jasper's grinding running game should help keep Central's offense off the field. Their defense is also disciplined, quick to the ball and tackle well. Jasper will have a more difficult time running the ball consistently against Castle's defense, so Mann will be forced to air it out a little more. How well Jasper can throw when the run is getting stuffed may be the deciding factor in all of those games. It's a lot easier to throw when you're having a lot of success running the ball. That and players staying injury free may decide how Jasper finishes the 2nd half of the season.

Jaspers run defense has been outstanding. 

Rushes by Memorial 19 for 27 yards.

Rushes by Harrison 24 for 51 yards. 

Rushes by Reitz 19 for 7 yards.

Rushes by Bosse 26 for 1 yard.

Rushes by Mater Dei 16 for 24 yards. 

Totals rushing 104 attempts for 110 yards. 1.05 yards per carry average. 

Pass defense has been solid.

Passing                yards       Comp-Att-Int

Memorial        201 yards       22-31-1

Harrison        126 yards         ? 

Reitz            185 yards         16-23-1

Bosse             63 yards             5-16-1

Mater Dei     236 yards          25-38-1

Jaspers defense has been impressive so far. Offense is very good by fumbles to much if they want to win the SIAC this year. If they can fix the issue with the fumbles (5 against Mater Dei) I think they have a chance against anyone in the conference.

5 minutes ago, sr1 said:

Jaspers defense has been impressive so far. Offense is very good by fumbles to much if they want to win the SIAC this year. If they can fix the issue with the fumbles (5 against Mater Dei) I think they have a chance against anyone in the conference.

I'm guessing those numbers include sacks as rushes.  MD was more successful rushing then those numbers indicate.  They had around -40 yards on one drive from bad snaps.

5 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

I am watching the replay of the  Jasper vs. Mater Dei game this morning. Through 3 quarters Jasper looks very good however this Mater Dei team is not playing up to the standard I expect of a Mater Dei football team. Many mistakes that are killing them on offense. 

The replay of the game is only $5.40   https://vcloud.blueframetech.com/broadcast/ppv/194876 

4 hours ago, sr1 said:

I was impressed with Jasper's defense, although Mater Dei actually had more success running than I expected.  Castle and Central are the two best running attacks in the SIAC that Jasper will face. Both have 3 running backs that can hurt you in different ways. They have size, speed, and power in different combinations and a couple of those backs have strength and speed. It will be interesting to see how the Jasper D holds up in those games.