Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NIC Week 5

Man week 5 already!! Here come the HNAC fans into the NIC forum this week. I’m sure Hellmans will be in here commenting shortly. 

Bremen- Id love to say Jimtown here. But their running backs need to hit a weight room. Glenn’s Saftey stripped the ball and their D-Tackle as well. Glenn had 74 offensive plays/ Jimtown 33. 

Glenn/Knox- going with no comment til after the game again.

Marian- by 7. Adams have the athletes to keep up with Marian’s skill guys but do they have the discipline.....if Adams can control the clock could be 7 the other way. 

Elkhart- by 28. No contest here. Elkhart essentially became a private school with the consolidation. 

Riley/West Side two terrible teams. Riley didn’t put away clay until the second half. It was 10-0 in the  1st half. Riley had 160 yards of total offense, I mean penalties. West Side just had a big win against Bowman Academy a team Clay handled in their scrimmage. Sabermetrics says Westside... the dice say it’s a crapshoot. 

St Joseph- I’m going with the Indians. Their riding high on their last two wins. Another pass heavy team which will cause more fits for NP secondary. 

Clay- I’m going with the Colonials. Clay has scored 41 points this season and Washington 25. Two teams with struggling numbers. 

58 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Starting to not feel so bad about East getting beat by 24 by Elkhart. That team is extremely good and 1800 more students than East. I hope Elkhart runs the tables and makes a deep run in the playoffs. 

They’re going to get a chance to make a statement this Friday. I don’t care how down Penn is this year. They’re still Penn.

• Like 1

Bremen over Jimtown even though a couple starters may be out for the Lions.

Knox over Glenn in a close game.  Redskins are getting use to the new system.

Marian by at least 3 scores over Adams.  Marian has too much talent.

Elkhart proves to be too much for Penn.

Riley gets in the win column versus West Side.  Does Riley have some ineligible/injured players?

New Prairie pulls it out at home versus St. Joe.

Washington over Clay.  One team has to win I guess

47 minutes ago, LionKing said:

Bremen over Jimtown even though a couple starters may be out for the Lions.

Knox over Glenn in a close game.  Redskins are getting use to the new system.

Marian by at least 3 scores over Adams.  Marian has too much talent.

Elkhart proves to be too much for Penn.

Riley gets in the win column versus West Side.  Does Riley have some ineligible/injured players?

New Prairie pulls it out at home versus St. Joe.

Washington over Clay.  One team has to win I guess

Is Bremen missing the same kids who have been out or are there additional athletes going to be missing time?

6 hours ago, MarshallCounty said:

Is Bremen missing the same kids who have been out or are there additional athletes going to be missing time?

One two way lineman came back last Friday in the win over Triton and had no setbacks.  Looks like as of today a different lineman will be out for a couple of weeks.  Everyone else who had missed time should be good to go for Jimtown if the week progresses well.  The Lions added a new playmaker last week who had not played since his freshmen year due to a medical concern that has since changed.  Very happy for this young man.  Since the start of the season the already strong core of juniors has added back 3 players who provide more depth.

Bremen takes care of Jimtown this year with no problem.

Which Glenn teams shows up?  Honestly any score wouldn't surprise in this one. Redskins with the win

Marians discipline elevates them to victory. This game will tell us the most where Adams is at this season.

I just don't think anybody is touching Elkhart this year outside of Merrillville or Indy schools. The bigger question is, is this going to be the norm or do they have a real nice team even for "new" elkhart standards?

Don't know much about West Side but I'd hope Riley would be able to be beat them.

St Joe seems to be better than most thought two weeks ago and the opposite can ring true for New Prairie. Still think New Prairie takes care of business in this one though.

Washington beats Clay. I think there will be more points on the board than fans in the stands....

16 hours ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

I had heard that South Bend has a new grade policy that is evaluated week by week.  Two F's and you are ineligible.

The problem is that teachers don't have to report their grades every week.  So an ineligible student may not get their eligibility back even though they have the grades.

Sad situation.

Why would they institute this now?  It should have been in place before fall sports started or held off until next school year.

1 hour ago, Indian72 said:

Why would they institute this now?  It should have been in place before fall sports started or held off until next school year.

I think it has been in place all year.  The big problem is teachers not having to update their grades every week.  If a students becomes eligible...the teacher doesn't have to report it.

Not good

41 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Even though Penn is way down the past few years, and haven’t really been relevant in 6A since 2015. I still don’t see Elkhart winning by 28 like Turf Toe thinks. Didn’t Elkhart barely beat Mishawaka? I think Elkhart will win , but by 7-14 . 

Oooo woke up a Penn fan this week. But dont get all Charmin on my prediction. Penn is a high 4A low 5A school now. East Noble with no athletes put up 24? Elkhart’s DBs won’t get burnt on a cheap slant. The Valpo score would of been 14-21 points the other way if they didn’t have starters out due to covid. Elkhart takes this one from Granger 38-10. 

1 hour ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

I think it has been in place all year.  The big problem is teachers not having to update their grades every week.  If a students becomes eligible...the teacher doesn't have to report it.

Not good

Then the administration should be blamed for not getting the information out timely and accurately

Many times in the past people thought Elk Cent had a chance with Penn and it usually ended up not being a game.  Penn will probably be ready to play Elk.  I do not see a blow out right now.  While Elk. is a favorite I sould see Penn making it a battle especially if they control the ball and clock.

30 minutes ago, TurfToe said:

Oooo woke up a Penn fan this week. But dont get all Charmin on my prediction. Penn is a high 4A low 5A school now. East Noble with no athletes put up 24? Elkhart’s DBs won’t get burnt on a cheap slant. The Valpo score would of been 14-21 points the other way if they didn’t have starters out due to covid. Elkhart takes this one from Granger 38-10. 

I guess you can be ranked #3 in 4A with no athletes???? Didn’t East Noble play in LOS recently with no athletes? If Elkhart beats Penn by 28, I will be the first to get on here and say your the man. But if it’s a close game, what will you say?

8 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

I guess you can be ranked #3 in 4A with no athletes???? Didn’t East Noble play in LOS recently with no athletes? If Elkhart beats Penn by 28, I will be the first to get on here and say your the man. But if it’s a close game, what will you say?

15 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Lol, ranked by who? NorthRidge isn’t in the top 10 and they have blanked everyone they’ve played. EN has played a 1-3 Huntington North who their only win is Jay County whose has only scored 15 points all season and has allowed 39 or more points in each of their game. NorthWood who beat concord 14-6? Same Concord team that had to beat Jimtown in OT that Glenn beat 10-7? Or Plymouth 33-0 that Northridge handled 44-0? Come on....rankings are biased

2 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Not trying to argue with you, if your right, I will tell you so. I guess my point was that Although way down, Penn has played 2 teams that were in LOS last year and one that will be there and win this year. Should be a good game, hope to talk with you Saturday. 

Lol I’m not arguing. Nothing more then a little banter. I’m just glad there’s some life to this thread again lol. 

2 hours ago, TurfToe said:

Lol I’m not arguing. Nothing more then a little banter. I’m just glad there’s some life to this thread again lol. 

Turftoe has volunteered to take on the role of the Heel in order to stir the pot and create some exchange, it is either that or he is just a big tool. (I'm going with the former and not the latter.)\

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

Turftoe has volunteered to take on the role of the Heel in order to stir the pot and create some exchange, it is either that or he is just a big tool. (I'm going with the former and not the latter.)\

Say what you think and agree to disagree.  You never know what will happen on Friday night

Bremen - I like in week one and not sure how Jimtown lost to Glenn after what I witnessed the week before

Knox - because of Radtke influence and not sold on Glenn

Marian - due to their offense, athletes.  After seeing Adams not sure what they were trying to do but it did not work.  They may try to drive it down the field to keep the ball away from the Marian O

Elkhart - being at home and I like the coach.  But they have to play as a team and be disciplined

Riley - If they play after the bus ride.  

Clay/Washington - Can the Clay 19 players stay with the Panthers?  Toss up

New Prairie/St Joe - NP has lost to 2 parochial schools will this be the 3rd?  I am hoping after this game I can get a better take on SJ.  This is the 1st of 3 big hurdles in a row