Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CIC Week 5

Alexandria @ Elwood                             Elwood showed a lot of Heart last week, but the streak continues.  Alex by 3 TDs

Frankton @ Eastbrook                                 The Panthers by a bunch.

Madison Grant @ Blackford                       The Boys from Hartford City keep rolling

Oak Hill @ Mississinewa                         My Upset of the week

Alexandria at Elwood--Elwood is improving and showing some heart but Alexandria is just too much for the young Panthers.  Alex by as much as they want to win by.

Frankton at Eastbrook--Frankton is walking into a jungle full of hungry Panthers.  Eastbrook by a bunch.

Madison Grant at Blackford--Blackford may have low numbers but they use what they have.  MG is improved and getting better.  This could be the closest game of the week.  In the end MG pulls out the victory.

Oak Hill at Mississinewa--Oak Hill is not a bad team just young.  Mississinewa is young as well but improving.  This one belongs to the Indians.

Alexandria by a bunch! They are young and look like they may be starting a freshman q.b. this week!

Eastbrook by a bunch! Eastbrook should be able to put jv in by 3rd!

Blackford by 2-3td's! Mg isn't bad but Blackford is just to strong!

Ole Miss by 7pts! Ole Miss will get tested but i feel they are a little better overall than Oak Hill

CIC is absolutely terrible this year outside of Eastbrook, and after watching them Friday night i am not really sure how good they are.

Mississinewa has one guy to stop, if you can stop him you shut them down. I would never kick to him.

2nd place in the conference will be determined this Friday at Mississinewa. 

This conference does nothing to prepare anyone for the tournament.

I am a CIC guy, just really disappointed by what i have seen so far this year.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Midway Monster said:

CIC is absolutely terrible this year outside of Eastbrook, and after watching them Friday night i am not really sure how good they are.

Mississinewa has one guy to stop, if you can stop him you shut them down. I would never kick to him.

2nd place in the conference will be determined this Friday at Mississinewa. 

This conference does nothing to prepare anyone for the tournament.

I am a CIC guy, just really disappointed by what i have seen so far this year.

Is the CIC as a whole competitive in other sports?  

Alexandria @ Elwood     Picking Alexandria by at least 2 TD's.  Not sure what is driving the decision to start the Freshman QB for Alex but this should be a good game to break him in.

Frankton @ Eastbrook          Adamson didn't seem pleased after the Oak Hill game based on his comments.  Seems like the team is kind of on cruise control with nothing much to push them the rest of the regular season.  Not a good scenario for a deep tournament run.  Delta was really the only team on the schedule that was the caliber we'll see deeper in the tournament.  They'll finish Frankton quickly Friday but there is still a lot of work to do in Eastbrook land.

Madison Grant @ Blackford       I think this will be a very even game.  I'll give it to Blackford coming in with a little momentum and playing at home.        

Oak Hill @ Mississinewa    Another even game.  Campbell is very explosive for Mississinewa and the Hayes kid really impressed me for Oak Hill.  After playing them both I'd say Mississinewa is a little more athletic but Oak Hill is more disciplined.  I'll pick Oak Hill in a coin toss.  I'll have the tribe tv up on my phone though to watch how it plays out. 

48 minutes ago, irishuncle411 said:

It kind of seems that each school has a sport or 2 that they excel at

Frankton has been Softball and Basketball

Eastbrook Football

Alexandria Baseball

Elwood Wrestling and Softball

Oak Hill  Swimming, Soccer , XC , Track and Wrestling

Mississinewa Football Tennis 

Blackford Basketball

Madison Grant Softball  

I know I have forgotten some sports that each school has had success in.  These are just off the top of my head

Alexandria @ Elwood   Even with a backup QB Alex is too much

Frankton @ Eastbrook    Eastbook big

Madison Grant @ Blackford   I'm giving this one a toss up. They run the same offense so they should know how to slow one another down.

Oak Hill @ Mississinewa   Completely un-impressed with Ole Miss this season. 

2 hours ago, irishuncle411 said:

Multiple state championships and state finalists teams in the past decade. Football is down right now no doubt, but still a good conference.

So Eastbrook is on cruise control through the regular season...When does the GID/CIC community think they can be tested in the tourney?  Sagarin has Tipton/Lapel/Eastern (Greentown) in sectional 36 all within one score of them.  Does a weak CIC hurt them this year or will they simply be a well oiled machine come tourney time and escape sectional w/ ease...who can beat them from Northern 2A?

Is Mississinewa down?  I thought they might not miss a beat even w/ Funk leaving, but looks like they have little chance in their sectional.

Are Frankton, Elwood, Alex just that bad?  All are hoping they draw each other I bet, if we're lucky enough to make it to sectionals intact...

Oak Hill/Blackford setting up a week 9 showdown for 2nd place possibly?

Mad-Grant...they're at least playing up and hope that prepares them come tourney time.  Top team in their sectional right now is Tri-Central that barely snuck by Frankton...they have a shot at some hardwood.

I'll take a stab at picks for this week...

Elwood over Alex - I'll take the GID's word that Frosh QB is playing and Elwood can take advantage...they're hungry for a win and likely grew in a close loss to Frankton.

Eastbrook over Frankton - Hope Frankton pulls 1 or 2 wins more out this year, but think they need the sectional draw to fall in their favor as the top 1/2 of CIC lays ahead....starting this Friday.  Eastbrook chooses margin of victory.

Blackford over MG - Argylls will play hard and it'll be close, but Blackford pulls away in 2nd half.

OH over Mississinewa - Wing-T or a confused Spread Wing-T will pull it out over Mississinewa....Indians haven't bought into new guy yet, plus OH wants to be relevant again.

3 hours ago, irishuncle411 said:

So Eastbrook is on cruise control through the regular season...When does the GID/CIC community think they can be tested in the tourney?  Sagarin has Tipton/Lapel/Eastern (Greentown) in sectional 36 all within one score of them.  Does a weak CIC hurt them this year or will they simply be a well oiled machine come tourney time and escape sectional w/ ease...who can beat them from Northern 2A?

Is Mississinewa down?  I thought they might not miss a beat even w/ Funk leaving, but looks like they have little chance in their sectional.

Are Frankton, Elwood, Alex just that bad?  All are hoping they draw each other I bet, if we're lucky enough to make it to sectionals intact...

Oak Hill/Blackford setting up a week 9 showdown for 2nd place possibly?

Mad-Grant...they're at least playing up and hope that prepares them come tourney time.  Top team in their sectional right now is Tri-Central that barely snuck by Frankton...they have a shot at some hardwood.

I'll take a stab at picks for this week...

Elwood over Alex - I'll take the GID's word that Frosh QB is playing and Elwood can take advantage...they're hungry for a win and likely grew in a close loss to Frankton.

Eastbrook over Frankton - Hope Frankton pulls 1 or 2 wins more out this year, but think they need the sectional draw to fall in their favor as the top 1/2 of CIC lays ahead....starting this Friday.  Eastbrook chooses margin of victory.

Blackford over MG - Argylls will play hard and it'll be close, but Blackford pulls away in 2nd half.

OH over Mississinewa - Wing-T or a confused Spread Wing-T will pull it out over Mississinewa....Indians haven't bought into new guy yet, plus OH wants to be relevant again.

Top team in MG sectional is hands down South Adams!

• Like 1

Alexandria @ Elwood                 

I'm not sure what to say about Elwood.  They probably should have won last week had they not decided to air it out on their last possession but at the same time, if Frankton would not have went 1-13 from the air in the first half, Frankton should have won by 3td's+.  With that being said, I'm not sure Elwood is really any better than last year, they were just able to take advantage of an awful first half by the Eagles.  Alex wins this pretty easily.

Frankton @ Eastbrook                 

I honestly think IF the Frankton Players want to, they could make this a closer game than predicted.  Eastbrook will no doubt over look the Eagles and the Eagles have the athletes to gain yards and keep the clock rolling.  The question is, how often does the clock stop first half.  If it stops often, Eastbrook will score often.  Either way, Eastbrook gets this one.

Madison Grant @ Blackford     

I was impressed with how hard Blackford played 2 weeks ago with such small numbers.  As long as they are healthy this week, they will win 14+.  

Oak Hill @ Mississinewa           

New coach during the Covid Era and Ole Miss is still trying to get it all figured out.  I think Oak Hill get's this one in a close one.             

36 minutes ago, Giantbeareagle80 said:

this now gives the CIC teams in 4 classes for football (1A-4A)

If you pull up the enrollment #'s from IHSAA, Mississenwa is a transfer or 2 away from being back in 3A, they are the bottom team in 4A. Talking with some admin at Alex, the numbers are way up and are creeping closer to 3A. 

image.thumb.png.5679fe5da12714db731b7bd61a2baf3b.png

Edited by Coach_M
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2020 at 8:22 AM, Coach_M said:

If you pull up the enrollment #'s from IHSAA, Mississenwa is a transfer or 2 away from being back in 3A, they are the bottom team in 4A. Talking with some admin at Alex, the numbers are way up and are creeping closer to 3A. 

image.thumb.png.5679fe5da12714db731b7bd61a2baf3b.png

Another thought on this is that with the success factor Mississinewa could be bumped down to 3A to keep the classes balanced.  Also with the growth that Yorktown, Danville, and Norwell have seen in population, Mississinewa could be in 3A when the next alignment takes place.  

On the other hand if Eastbrook could move back to 3A based on success factor and/or enrollment.  Remember a few years ago Eastbrook was moved up to 3A due to enrollment.  Their district has seen some growth in residents but not students yet.  

Last time Eastbrook and Mississinewa were both 3A they were in the same sectional.  If they would both move to 3A, Oak Hill stays in 3A, and Alexandria moves into 3A, it is likely they all could be in the same sectional.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, irishuncle411 said:

Looks like Blackford...

I don't think they got hit with school/health department ordered quarantines, I think they just have kids who didn't come out.  I'm talking about players that are on the team and coaches thought they would have but then lost them for 14 days dues to contact tracing.

1 minute ago, bittergymteacher said:

I don't think they got hit with school/health department ordered quarantines, I think they just have kids who didn't come out.  I'm talking about players that are on the team and coaches thought they would have but then lost them for 14 days dues to contact tracing.

Per their Twitter account, they cancelled this Friday's game versus Madison-Grant and have cancelled all extra-curricular events from now until Monday.  Sounds like it was a an issue with number of cases in the student body, not a specific team.  First official cancellation for the CIC, though.  

https://blackfordathletics.com/2020/09/16/bcs-blended-learning-announcement-9-16-2020/

5 minutes ago, irishuncle411 said:

Per their Twitter account, they cancelled this Friday's game versus Madison-Grant and have cancelled all extra-curricular events from now until Monday.  Sounds like it was a an issue with number of cases in the student body, not a specific team.  First official cancellation for the CIC, though.  

https://blackfordathletics.com/2020/09/16/bcs-blended-learning-announcement-9-16-2020/

Oh man!!!! I hadn't heard this one.  I thought you were just referring to their lack of numbers.  

Frankton vs Eastbrooks JV. And eastbrook still wins big! This game is a waste just like most of the CICs games for eastbrook. Or is it why they are so dominate every year? They play lack luster teams in regular season (CIC) to develop younger players! Frankton wow last week almost got beat trying to throw the ball all the time. Finally pulled it out when they started running the ball just like everyone keeps saying they should do. They played Lapel to a great first half till they started throwing the ball. Lost to Tri- central throwing the ball. Bad decisions like this are not coming from players, but are what drive players away! Who does Franktons coaching staff thank they are? This community knows ground and pound and they want to throw it around like Steve Spurrier. Eastbrooks JV is in before half because they simply out coach Frankton. Eastbrook by 50! 

5 hours ago, CoachOsGhost said:

Frankton vs Eastbrooks JV. And eastbrook still wins big! This game is a waste just like most of the CICs games for eastbrook. Or is it why they are so dominate every year? They play lack luster teams in regular season (CIC) to develop younger players! 

Eastbrook has dipped in consecutive weeks in the Sagarin...they went from high 70's to mid60's I believe, which puts them within a single score with some teams in their sectional...Is it justified or can we chalk it up to it's simply a crazy year with Covid and we simply may not have a true handle on where teams stand?  If Delta is able to compete with what looks to be a loaded MV team (beat New Pal), then Eastbrook's Sagarin will shoot back up...same could be said for Mississinewa if Pendelton competes w/ New Pal.