Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CIC Week 5

I know eastbrook has dropped in sagarin. But from what I hear is that the head lunch lady had to make some changes to staff in the cafeteria because of covid! From my understanding this really upset the big boys on the o-line. Now if this is what you are talking about with effects of covid then yes I'm sure we probably dont have a handle on where teams stand or the effects it is having on teams.

11 hours ago, irishuncle411 said:

Eastbrook has dipped in consecutive weeks in the Sagarin...they went from high 70's to mid60's I believe, which puts them within a single score with some teams in their sectional...Is it justified or can we chalk it up to it's simply a crazy year with Covid and we simply may not have a true handle on where teams stand?  If Delta is able to compete with what looks to be a loaded MV team (beat New Pal), then Eastbrook's Sagarin will shoot back up...same could be said for Mississinewa if Pendelton competes w/ New Pal.

I'm not sure you can buy too much into the Sagarin rating or predictions this year.  I am usually a big fan of them and it is scary how close they are on a normal year but with Covid, it just can't be accurate.  A team could be down 2 key players and still win but maybe by a little less of a margin and it throws everything off for the next week.  I understand that injuries do the same thing on normal years but Covid seems to be making things a little more crazy. 

Edited by bittergymteacher

11 hours ago, CoachOsGhost said:

But from what I hear is that the head lunch lady had to make some changes to staff in the cafeteria because of covid!

I heard they got confused and turned the Salisbury Steaks into meat loaf and it ruined their whole Wednesday practice.  They refused to service Jello with fruit chunks in the middle too.  Darn near had a Riot.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, irishuncle411 said:

Sagarin has Ben Davis (83.2) vs. Indy Lutheran (82.4) being a coin flip.  It is a crazy year for it.  What's the word on Blackford...not playing tonight, but status on next week?  John Harrell still has them playing Elwood next week...

Face it this is not a year for statistical guys. It is going to force people to know your own strengths and not worry so much about stats. Throw sagarin crap out the window. To many guys like to look at this and %this and %that it's just number that dont take into effect what these kids had for lunch or breakfast, who's gf broke up with them. To many variables that are not taken into consideration. With that said it's just junk! 

Per what I saw and heard it looks like:

1. Eastbrook is just in a league of their own!

2. Oak hill proved they are playing as a team! Has to be 2nd now with win over Ole Miss.

3. Ole Miss is still definitely 3rd. To much talent for the rest of the teams.

4. Blackford with a slight edge over Alexandria if they can field a full team!

5. Alexandria is one of if not youngest teams out there. If they can limit turnovers 4-5 a game they could suprise teams.

6. Madison Grant is on their way up but still pretty young and small on defense.

7. Frankton with the slight edge over Elwood. They have better talent but lack the coaching. 

8. Elwood coaching has these kids believing again just a lack of talent. Hopefully for Elwood the coach stays and builds them up from the youth up.