Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC week 5

Something has to change with the defense....scheme....personnel....play calls...I don’t know. 

This offense is elite with Brady. Can make all the throws and just march the team downfield. The one 28 yard pass to Murfin was a thing of absolute beauty.  The team can score on anyone I believe...

but the defense....something is just not right. 5 games in and teams have rushed for.....393, 325, 437, and 383.

we have 4 more weeks before playoffs to get this fixed otherwise we are basically looking at trying to just win shootouts....which don’t get me wrong, this offense is very capable of doing....it’s just not ideal. 

put up 350+ yards vs a great Southridge defense..still not enough...and it’s simply because Southridge is a great team. Great offense....and a great defense that did enough to just stall out a few drives and capitalize with a rushing touchdown soon after. 

the stops in the redzone just before half to preserve the 27-21 lead were crucial...opening half with another score...forcing 2 turnover on downs in the second half....just a solid effort by the raiders in facing a great offense and just making the most of important situations.  So good they didn’t need to force a turnover. Just played solid. 

btw that gasser kid looked great tonight. Man does he have some wheels.

on to heritage hills who has to be licking their chops.  Gotta step up this week! 

In post-game interviews HH Coach Wilkerson several times alluded to multiple players out because of injuries. Glad to get the W against the Vikings, but HH will need all hands on deck obviously against the PAC frontrunner Titans.

Also, I have always had the utmost respect for the administration and football team in Poseyville, especially when I played against Coach Gengelbach's teams. And you always knew, especially in football and basketball getting a win at Posey, wasn't a foregone conclusion and his players never quit. I was however VERY disappointed to see highlights of the game with the NP public address announcer using the loud speakers to give play-by-play while HH was lining up on offense and even through the actual plays. This is a big no-no. And he did it again when HH lined up at the end of the game for a go-ahead field goal (shown below, turn up your speakers).

That should have been addressed the second time it happened by the officials, who relay a message to the press box, and tell him to stop once ball is marked down and ready for play. Am I right @Bobref?

21 minutes ago, Alduflux said:

Last night during the GS/SR broadcast on the live stream I thought I heard Lance Wilkerson take credit for naming Patriot Field "The Jungle".  Can anyone confirm that story?  I thought it was named after a poem Clayton liked.

If it was the stream on tristatehomepage then yes you heard it....something about him being a DJ for a game or something and he went with that theme for that night and it stuck. 

I have no idea if any of it is true. But it’s what he said 

4 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

I was however VERY disappointed to see highlights of the game with the NP public address announcer using the loud speakers to give play-by-play while HH was lining up on offense and even through the actual plays.

Sorry to disappoint you. I can assure you the man doing the announcing was not intentionally trying to do whatever you believe he was doing. He is a very "do the right thing kind of guy," and I'm confident he was just trying to do the best job he could do. He is a very excitable guy and I have no doubt that could have played into how much he was talking if he was saying too much. I was on the field and never noticed it...

If it needs addressed it will be...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Sorry to disappoint you. I can assure you the man doing the announcing was not intentionally trying to do whatever you believe he was doing. He is a very "do the right thing kind of guy," and I'm confident he was just trying to do the best job he could do. He is a very excitable guy and I have no doubt that could have played into how much he was talking if he was saying too much. I was on the field and never noticed it...

If it needs addressed it will be...

Here is Twitter comment from a Memorial guy on this. The play by play did get old you just don't hear PA announcers talk that much but watching the game live I didn't know he talked all the way through the kick, Only heard that watching the J/D Video. 

fg.JPG

3 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

If it was the stream on tristatehomepage then yes you heard it....something about him being a DJ for a game or something and he went with that theme for that night and it stuck. 

I have no idea if any of it is true. But it’s what he said 

It came from the field being surrounded by trees partially in a valley and Coach Clayton (an English teacher) using Kipling's "Law of the Jungle."

BTW: Offical name is "Patriot Field." Maybe one day it will be "Clayton Memorial Stadium," but I've heard no specific talks of that...

2 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

It came from the field being surrounded by trees partially in a valley and Coach Clayton (an English teacher) using Kipling's "Law of the Jungle."

BTW: Offical name is "Patriot Field." Maybe one day it will be "Clayton Memorial Stadium," but I've heard no specific talks of that...

To be clear, my understanding of Wilkerson's comments were he was the one that coined the term "the jungle".  You are refuting his version of its naming, correct?

Edited by Alduflux

4 hours ago, DaveMosbey said:

Here is Twitter comment from a Memorial guy on this. The play by play did get old you just don't hear PA announcers talk that much but watching the game live I didn't know he talked all the way through the kick, Only heard that watching the J/D Video. 

fg.JPG

Oh THAT Memorial guy!  LOL.  I have never heard anyone do that and it could very well impact a team that makes adjustments at the line.  I thought the rule was that all music and PA chatter must stop once the ball is blown in for play.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, tango said:

Oh THAT Memorial guy!  LOL.  I have never heard anyone do that and it could very well impact a team that makes adjustments at the line.  I thought the rule was that all music and PA chatter must stop once the ball is blown in for play.

Another instance through an entire HH offensive play. Disclaimer: I do not represent the views of the Heritage Hills athletic program or football team. I'm merely making an observation based on 20+ years of attending HS football games and my understanding of the rules and responsibilities of the home team. Regardless, props to North Posey for giving HH all it could handle. Even with HH still figuring out how to put the pieces together, the Vikings showed up ready to play and almost got the win. Good luck with the rest of your season, especially against Mater Dei in the sectional who you always seem to draw.

2 hours ago, Alduflux said:

How many players does GS have playing both ways?

Depends on how much they sub in and out really. I would say it’s mostly minimal....BUT watching the broadcast. When they put Braden Tucker in on defense that made a massive difference against Southridge.  Southridge had to resort to end arounds more with him in there and the only times Southridge stalled out and what not was when Tucker was in on defense. 

but I only seen him come in occasionally...situational substitution basically....beyond that I’m unsure. Tucker plays RG and DT 

On 9/20/2020 at 12:54 AM, Alduflux said:

To be clear, my understanding of Wilkerson's comments were he was the one that coined the term "the jungle".  You are refuting his version of its naming, correct?

It is my understanding by the mid-1990s (maybe earlier), The Law of the Jungle was distributed by the coaching staff to players. So within the program, "The Jungle" was used. Also, ever since I can remember attending HH games (1993/94 -- my sister graduated in 1996), "Welcome to the Jungle" has been played over the loudspeakers when the players take the field. That predates Wilkerson coming to Home Team Friday (1996, I think). If he wants to take credit for coining the term outside of HH circles, then I wouldn't dispute that; however, I would check local newspapers from the early '90s to see if other media used the term. But I wouldn't go so far as to credit him for creating the nickname for "Patriot Field."

53 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

It is my understanding by the mid-1990s (maybe earlier), The Law of the Jungle was distributed by the coaching staff to players. So within the program, "The Jungle" was used. Also, ever since I can remember attending HH games (1993/94 -- my sister graduated in 1996), "Welcome to the Jungle" has been played over the loudspeakers when the players take the field. That predates Wilkerson coming to Home Team Friday (1996, I think). If he wants to take credit for coining the term outside of HH circles, then I wouldn't dispute that; however, I would check local newspapers from the early '90s to see if other media used the term. But I wouldn't go so far as to credit him for creating the nickname for "Patriot Field."

I understood his statement on radio as to him being a student DJ and him having the theme for the week when he was a student (I assume he attended Heritage Hills) 

listening to the radio I just got the idea that he was there in the late 80s and played welcome to the jungle for one of the games and it stuck...this was only a 2-3 sentence statement he made in air and I don’t know if he actually attended Heritage Hills..but it’s at least how I understood it. 

11 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Depends on how much they sub in and out really. I would say it’s mostly minimal....BUT watching the broadcast. When they put Braden Tucker in on defense that made a massive difference against Southridge.  Southridge had to resort to end arounds more with him in there and the only times Southridge stalled out and what not was when Tucker was in on defense. 

but I only seen him come in occasionally...situational substitution basically....beyond that I’m unsure. Tucker plays RG and DT 

1 full time 3 part time guys give or take.

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I understood his statement on radio as to him being a student DJ and him having the theme for the week when he was a student (I assume he attended Heritage Hills) 

listening to the radio I just got the idea that he was there in the late 80s and played welcome to the jungle for one of the games and it stuck...this was only a 2-3 sentence statement he made in air and I don’t know if he actually attended Heritage Hills..but it’s at least how I understood it. 

He attended Castle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1