Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 5

Half way through the 2020 season. Some interesting match-ups this week...

Parke Heritage 1000 Eastern Greene 2 - Wolves continue their record breaking season. Last year was just a warm up for this year's greatness. The "Other Thunderbirds" are no match. When does some one else not named Johnson get to touch the ball?

Fountain Central 44 Attica 42 - This could be a crazy game. I think the Ramblers are too beat up to come out on top. Mustangs break the losing streak this week. 

Riverton Parke 8 North Vermillion 6 - Immoveable object vs. Impenetrable force. How many wings does an offense need to have to get the win? Something has to give here. Some one has to win. Can the Falcons win? Can the Panthers win? Which team does this game mean more to? 

Seeger 40 Covington 28 - Patriots got some much needed pass work in last week. But they'll be running the ball again this week against the smaller Trojans. 

Sullivan 38 South Vermillion 35 - Wildcats can't get over the big brother complex it has with the Arrows. This one will be a little more competitive than recent years, but the Arrows D will hold the Wilcats O under 40 for the first time this year. Didn't both these teams used to wear Gold Helmets or something? 

Week 5 Predictions 

PH 65 vs EG 6.  I take back everything I’ve said about the Hall of Famer leaving when the talent runs dry at PH.  At this rate and the level of competition in the WRC, there’s no reason to leave..... ever.   I was surprised what PH did to Carrol and this week will be even worse.   Steamroll for the Wolves.  C Johnson continues his record setting pace.   Bring on Seeger and SV - Two must-watch games

FC 21 vs Attica - 14  - Is Attica playing yet or saving themselves for sectionals?   If this game gets played, the Mustangs break out the split back Veer like the late 90’s and run over the Ramblers.    

RP 15 - NV 7.  It’s the battle of street clothes.  Which team can get their players out of street clothes and onto the field first?   The single wing vs the double wing offense.   There’s no need for a running clock in this game, as neither team will pass  and the team with the fewest mistakes will win.   RP gets a W with Cloverdale and North Central in the next two weeks. NV takes the L with Attica (maybe) next week and the Wolves the following week, looking for revenge x2 from 2019. 

Seeger 40 - Covington 30 - Seeger appears to be who we thought they would be.   And the Trojan continue to surprise many, as they will score points and make teams play them tough.   Seeger is too talented and balanced.   Bring on the D1’s.   I cannot wait for that game. 

Sullivan 20 vs D1’s 42 -  I know the first poster said the big brother complex is still there, but not anymore.  With the state-of-the-art video editing studio the SV coach had built to auto-text player clips to officials, there’s no way the D1’s lose this game.    This non-conference game ends with the JV on the field and the varsity in the film room prepping for PH next week.   That game will be worth the price of admission.   

Wolfs 88 Eastern 6 - The Wolfs continue their state record seeking quest for running clock games in a season.  Why do they play this game/team?  

Attica 22 Fountain Central 18 - It appears Attica is only playing the games they feel they have a chance to win.  Well, this week and FC provides them with another possible W and they will take advantage of it.  

NV 35 RP 12 - NV may be down, but they aren’t that down.  Time for RP to start thinking about baseball season.  

Herbies 34 Covington 24 - Herbies will show they are clearly the 3rd best team in the WRC, but they are still a loooong way from the D1’s and the Wolfs.

Sullivan 52 D1’s 50 - As much as it pains me, like I have already stated, the D1’s will not come out on top this week simply due to mentality.  They have little man’s syndrome when it comes to playing schools such as Sullivan.  It is why they are content in the WRC where they can be the bully.  

23 minutes ago, wrcsage said:

Wolfs 88 Eastern 6 - The Wolfs continue their state record seeking quest for running clock games in a season.  Why do they play this game/team?  

Attica 22 Fountain Central 18 - It appears Attica is only playing the games they feel they have a chance to win.  Well, this week and FC provides them with another possible W and they will take advantage of it.  

NV 35 RP 12 - NV may be down, but they aren’t that down.  Time for RP to start thinking about baseball season.  

Herbies 34 Covington 24 - Herbies will show they are clearly the 3rd best team in the WRC, but they are still a loooong way from the D1’s and the Wolfs.

Sullivan 52 D1’s 50 - As much as it pains me, like I have already stated, the D1’s will not come out on top this week simply due to mentality.  They have little man’s syndrome when it comes to playing schools such as Sullivan.  It is why they are content in the WRC where they can be the bully.  

No idea why or how PH picked up eastern.

Attica over FC. By at least two touchdowns

RP pulls the upset over the winless falcons. Unless NV pulls off a late FG

Seeger is to much for Covington. Not a close game.

Hopefully SV wins setting up the best game in the area next week. Sv hasn’t had the chance to bully anyone in the WRC in many years. Maybe this is their year. Will find out next week. 

5 hours ago, Oldschoolfan said:

No idea why or how PH picked up eastern.

Attica over FC. By at least two touchdowns

RP pulls the upset over the winless falcons. Unless NV pulls off a late FG

Seeger is to much for Covington. Not a close game.

Hopefully SV wins setting up the best game in the area next week. Sv hasn’t had the chance to bully anyone in the WRC in many years. Maybe this is their year. Will find out next week. 

Parke Heritage had the option to pickup a series with Linton, but Coach Moore said no.  They opted for Eastern Greene. Linton picked up Boonville.  True story!

I know this isn’t exactly Week 5 WRC material, but does anyone know anything about South Put?  They are the sleeper team in the 1A sectional this fall with the other WRC schools and Cloverdale and worth watching as the season continues.  It appears they are pretty solid with big wins over their opponents.   I’d pay admission to watch PH play SP in week 1 of the sectional.     

31 minutes ago, CheapSeats said:

Things change......I mean Zubaz used to be in style now they are a pants from the past!

Things do change!  Does this mean we may see a request to exchange Eastern G for South Putnam in the sectional?   It could happen.   Running clocks for everyone....

2 hours ago, WRCNFL333 said:

I know this isn’t exactly Week 5 WRC material, but does anyone know anything about South Put?  They are the sleeper team in the 1A sectional this fall with the other WRC schools and Cloverdale and worth watching as the season continues.  It appears they are pretty solid with big wins over their opponents.   I’d pay admission to watch PH play SP in week 1 of the sectional.     

We play South Putnam next week. I'll let you know after we play them. Haven't exactly played a tough schedule yet. Their toughest opponent so far would be Greencastle and we also beat them. G'Castle isn't a great team. Solid defense. Their offense is run by brothers. I haven't seen South Putnam yet but I will after next week.

49 minutes ago, wvigo13 said:

We play South Putnam next week. I'll let you know after we play them. Haven't exactly played a tough schedule yet. Their toughest opponent so far would be Greencastle and we also beat them. G'Castle isn't a great team. Solid defense. Their offense is run by brothers. I haven't seen South Putnam yet but I will after next week.

Ok thanks.   Isn’t their coach the old SV coach?     Ultimately, it appears it will be them or PH that gets a date with Lutheran in the regional.   Can coaches reschedule or cancel those games too?  

3 hours ago, WRCNFL333 said:

Ok thanks.   Isn’t their coach the old SV coach?     Ultimately, it appears it will be them or PH that gets a date with Lutheran in the regional.   Can coaches reschedule or cancel those games too?  

Yeah Chuck Sorrell. He was at SV from 2011-2013. Didn't do much winning at SV. he was 4-26 in his 3 years at SV.

5 hours ago, wvigo13 said:

You’re driving here from Iowa?

9 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

People tend to forget that Eastern Greene played for a state championship just 3 years ago.  They were good while Coach Paridaen was there.  RHIT he was "run out of town" because of certain parents.  Now Eastern's program is dog crap.  Such a shame.

I think it was those generational classes that made them so good. The qb was a stud and the line was huge with quick feet. I swear to God they were. 

16 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

I think it was those generational classes that made them so good. The qb was a stud and the line was huge with quick feet. I swear to God they were. 

It took them a while but they were building something there.  It wasn't just the one year they played for the title.   They started out at 5 and 5 and got better each year for a few years.  Then in 2017 they were 14 and 1 and went to state.  Right after that Coach Paridaen was forced to leave.  It's going to take a coach to be there and sell the program to the kids all over again.  I just hate to see people making fun of them now.  Would like to see them get back to winning.

7 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

It took them a while but they were building something there.  It wasn't just the one year they played for the title.   They started out at 5 and 5 and got better each year for a few years.  Then in 2017 they were 14 and 1 and went to state.  Right after that Coach Paridaen was forced to leave.  It's going to take a coach to be there and sell the program to the kids all over again.  I just hate to see people making fun of them now.  Would like to see them get back to winning.

WRC folks aren’t making fun of EG. I swear to God they’re not. They’re just a victim of circumcision. What is being questioned is why a hall of fame coach bailed out of a game with an average 3A team but picking up a team that is struggling. How does that help them for a playoff run? At Seegers he played West Lafayettes and started out getting hammered but ended up beating them several times. This is nothing but a stat stuffer and I’ll say it right to his face.

14 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

WRC folks aren’t making fun of EG. I swear to God they’re not. They’re just a victim of circumcision. What is being questioned is why a hall of fame coach bailed out of a game with an average 3A team but picking up a team that is struggling. How does that help them for a playoff run? At Seegers he played West Lafayettes and started out getting hammered but ended up beating them several times. This is nothing but a stat stuffer and I’ll say it right to his face.

Lol.  You’re right, Donnie.   My unnamed sources tell me there’s been a formal request made to the ISHAA to exchange the SV game for Edinburgh and replace South Putnam in the sectional for Eastern Green.   And if you believe that, you’ll believe that The Visor hasn’t sent film to officials prior to games this year too.  

All in fun, fellas.  Next week we start to get some really competitive games and maybe we can leave PH cupcake schedule and SV editing studio alone.  

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

Predictions of 1,000 to 2 and 88 to 6?  C'mon man!