• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Week 5

29 minutes ago, footballer_02 said:

Knox over Glenn by 10

North Judson over Winamac by 14+

Pioneer over Attucks by 28+

Culver over Triton in a close match up 

Laville over Caston by 28+

Itll be an interesting game between Winamac/Judson. 

Winamac has to take care of ball though. Their last two losses (against LaVille and last year against nj) they had a total of 9 turnovers...and some botched special teams. 

Their defense stepped up though in 2nd half against LaVille... First half I think LaVille's new offense caught most by surprise...2nd half was much better. 

16 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

Itll be an interesting game between Winamac/Judson. 

Winamac has to take care of ball though. Their last two losses (against LaVille and last year against nj) they had a total of 9 turnovers...and some botched special teams. 

Their defense stepped up though in 2nd half against LaVille... First half I think LaVille's new offense caught most by surprise...2nd half was much better. 

What are the Lancers doing on offense?

6 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

I never saw a breakdown of the Knox Judson game from last week. Can anyone speak on how that went? Looked like a defensive battle from the score.

Good game across the board. Knox had roughly 160 total yards on offense with three plays more than 40+ yards while Judson had 160 total yards as well. Knox's backers flew around and were everywhere.. seemed like the Jays struggled with them and seemed to be the difference. Knox's skilled guys are pretty solid and have a lot of size. 

6 hours ago, footballer_02 said:

They're running the "spin" offense.. haven't seen that in awhile. Looks like Winamac played it pretty well. 

2nd half yes.. first half you could kind of tell their offense caught them off guard. LaVille's defense really kept winamac at bay. I think had their D faltered a bit.. winamac probably wins.

14 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

2nd half yes.. first half you could kind of tell their offense caught them off guard. LaVille's defense really kept winamac at bay. I think had their D faltered a bit.. winamac probably wins.

Historically that's what Laville is known for is their D. I think Laville had the better team for sure.. they have some athletes. 

46 minutes ago, footballer_02 said:

Historically that's what Laville is known for is their D. I think Laville had the better team for sure.. they have some athletes. 

It's really a tough game to judge due to having no film of LaVille running that offense. I think that was the biggest key of the first half. The 2nd half Winamac really clamped down, I would imagine had they been able to prepare for that offense...that game might have saw neither teams offense score a TD and would have went down to special teams. 

Too bad there's not a 2nd match up.. it was a pretty exciting game and would be a great match up in tourney. 

On 9/14/2020 at 3:57 PM, TheStatGuy said:

Big week. 

Knox @ Glenn 

North Judson @ Winamac 

Pioneer @ Attucks 

Culver @ Triton 

Caston @ LaVille

Howdy HNAC peeps. Unfamiliar with a few teams here but here it goes:
North Judson

Pioneer

Culver 

Laville

Knox/Glenn- No comment til after the game 

19 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

It's really a tough game to judge due to having no film of LaVille running that offense. I think that was the biggest key of the first half. The 2nd half Winamac really clamped down, I would imagine had they been able to prepare for that offense...that game might have saw neither teams offense score a TD and would have went down to special teams. 

Too bad there's not a 2nd match up.. it was a pretty exciting game and would be a great match up in tourney. 

Agree to disagree. Many factors in play here especially for Laville with it being their first game, losing their 3X starting QB two weeks prior, starting a young QB along with implementing a whole new offense for basically the fourth year in a row. Give Laville a few games to get some flow and I do think there would be a completely different outcome... not in Winamac's favor though. 

Edited by footballer_02

5 hours ago, TurfToe said:

Howdy HNAC peeps. Unfamiliar with a few teams here but here it goes:
North Judson

Pioneer

Culver 

Laville

Knox/Glenn- No comment til after the game 

Welcome to the HNAC site Turf Toe . . . .  What part of the state do you hail?

There are folks on the HNAC just as passionate about conference teams and games as anyone else.

Knox/Glenn - No comment til after the game?  What you got connections to both sides of the ball?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

Hey, hey HNAC Nation:

Nice to have everyone back playing again!

Few comments following last week:

What a game between Knox and North Judson-San Pierre.  Kudos to the Redskin defense for putting up the goose egg.  Never saw that coming.

Even though I picked Winamac to beat LaVille in a low-scoring game, the total score wasn't too far off.  I picked 14-10 . . . final was 17-6.  After halftime, neither team could move the ball from I saw on video.  Lancer defense, which has been traditionally strong since Coach Hostrawser took over, was the difference in the game.

Too bad Pioneer and LaVille won't see each other in the regular season.  From what I've heard Panthers are the real deal.

Here are my picks this week:

Caston at LaVille (+28)

Culver at Triton (+10)

Knox at John Glenn (-9)

NJSP at Winamac (-10)

Pioneer at Attucks (+35)

from_the_sidelines007

2 hours ago, footballer_02 said:

Agree to disagree. Many factors in play here especially for Laville with it being their first game, losing their 3X starting QB two weeks prior, starting a young QB along with implementing a whole new offense for basically the fourth year in a row. Give Laville a few games to get some flow and I do think there would be a completely different outcome... not in Winamac's favor though. 

Hate to disagree

It was Winamac's 2nd game in a whole new offense, a whole new defense (4th dc in 5 years) and at least 5 kids playing new positions on offense and defense. .. winamac still outgained them by 30 yards.. other then those 2 big pass plays.. did LaVille even have 100 yards of offense? I'd be shocked if they did. 

22 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Hate to disagree

It was Winamac's 2nd game in a whole new offense, a whole new defense (4th dc in 5 years) and at least 5 kids playing new positions on offense and defense. .. winamac still outgained them by 30 yards.. other then those 2 big pass plays.. did LaVille even have 100 yards of offense? I'd be shocked if they did. 

A W is a W no matter how ugly. 

48 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Hey, hey HNAC Nation:

Nice to have everyone back playing again!

Few comments following last week:

What a game between Knox and North Judson-San Pierre.  Kudos to the Redskin defense for putting up the goose egg.  Never saw that coming.

Even though I picked Winamac to beat LaVille in a low-scoring game, the total score wasn't too far off.  I picked 14-10 . . . final was 17-6.  After halftime, neither team could move the ball from I saw on video.  Lancer defense, which has been traditionally strong since Coach Hostrawser took over, was the difference in the game.

Too bad Pioneer and LaVille won't see each other in the regular season.  From what I've heard Panthers are the real deal.

Here are my picks this week:

Caston at LaVille (+28)

Culver at Triton (+10)

Knox at John Glenn (-9)

NJSP at Winamac (-10)

Pioneer at Attucks (+35)

from_the_sidelines007

Yes LaVille's defense was the major key.I also think them switching offenses had a huge advantage as well...you could tell Winamac was prepared for LaVille's offense from last year. ..once Winamac adjusted it was tough sledding offensively for them too. 

Winamac just has to take care of the ball and no silly penalties... that roughing the kicker on the missed FG(I think they hit the holder after czarnecki kicked it) was huge. 

I can't remember if that play led to Dills TD or eventually Czarnecki kicked FG a few plays later.