Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Week 5

2 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Yes LaVille's defense was the major key.I also think them switching offenses had a huge advantage as well...you could tell Winamac was prepared for LaVille's offense from last year. ..once Winamac adjusted it was tough sledding offensively for them too. 

Winamac just has to take care of the ball and no silly penalties... that roughing the kicker on the missed FG(I think they hit the holder after czarnecki kicked it) was huge. 

I can't remember if that play led to Dills TD or eventually Czarnecki kicked FG a few plays later. 

That led to a Plummer to Czarnecki TD pass.  Dill did not score, non factor offensively.  Hard to believe he was all state his sophomore year.

3 minutes ago, footballer_02 said:

A W is a W no matter how ugly. 

I was just saying..what you described for LaVille you could easily describe Winamac. 

Weather you want to admit it or not, that game could have went either way, esp if Winamac had prepared for that offense all week. 

3 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

I was just saying..what you described for LaVille you could easily describe Winamac. 

Weather you want to admit it or not, that game could have went either way, esp if Winamac had prepared for that offense all week. 

Maybe, maybe not. Regardless onto the next week. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cpg1970 said:

That led to a Plummer to Czarnecki TD pass.  Dill did not score, non factor offensively.  Hard to believe he was all state his sophomore year.

I could have swore it was Dill. If I remember right he did have a couple catches and carries. 

If I were LaVilles OC... Dill would get 15-20 touches a game. 

I'd stick with Plummer at qb. 

Dill and once Doyle is back

Screens, shovel passes, sweeps. 

Bettecher/DeWitt up the middle. 

Czarnecki catching passes and using that nice foot

He could easily kick in college... hope he does.

4 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Welcome to the HNAC site Turf Toe . . . .  What part of the state do you hail?

There are folks on the HNAC just as passionate about conference teams and games as anyone else.

Knox/Glenn - No comment til after the game?  What you got connections to both sides of the ball?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

Nope, but I made the same comment last week against Jimtown and we won. Previous  week I opened my mouth and they never left the locker room

Edited by TurfToe

I haven't seen anyone play in person yet this year.  I'll get my first taste of high school football tonight when Culver comes to Triton.  But I'll take a shot as some predictions:

Knox @ Glenn - Which Glenn team will show up?  I'm guessing there will be a bit of a letdown after a big win last week.  Knox 21-10

North Judson @ Winamac - I think this will be a good game.  Neither team really has a quality win yet.  I'm going with the Jays.  Judson 28-21

Pioneer @ Attucks - Pioneer by whatever they want.  Pioneer 52-7

Culver @ Triton - Maybe the best game in the conference this week.  I could see a lot of offense from both sides.  Ultimately someone will need a key stop to win the game.  I'm guessing the Trojans get it done.  Triton 33-27

Caston @ LaVille - Caston's a lot better this year, but no match for LaVille.  Lancers 42-8

3 minutes ago, FinePrint said:

I haven't seen anyone play in person yet this year.  I'll get my first taste of high school football tonight when Culver comes to Triton.  But I'll take a shot as some predictions:

Knox @ Glenn - Which Glenn team will show up?  I'm guessing there will be a bit of a letdown after a big win last week.  Knox 21-10

North Judson @ Winamac - I think this will be a good game.  Neither team really has a quality win yet.  I'm going with the Jays.  Judson 28-21

Pioneer @ Attucks - Pioneer by whatever they want.  Pioneer 52-7

Culver @ Triton - Maybe the best game in the conference this week.  I could see a lot of offense from both sides.  Ultimately someone will need a key stop to win the game.  I'm guessing the Trojans get it done.  Triton 33-27

Caston @ LaVille - Caston's a lot better this year, but no match for LaVille.  Lancers 42-8

What's the guidelines over there in Marshall county for fan attendance? 

36 minutes ago, footballer_02 said:

What's the guidelines over there in Marshall county for fan attendance? 

Triton sold a limited number of tickets on a pre-sale basis.  I don't know the exact number, I'm guessing around 150-200 for Triton and maybe half that for Culver.  No ticket sales at the gate.  Home and visitor fans enter through different gates.  It's senior night for fall sports, so the Triton tickets were sold out.  Social distancing in the stands.  Sit by family groups.  Masks required.  Concessions open, but separated for home and visitor fans.  Trying to keep fans separated as much as possible.  Fans must exit the bleachers and the stadium within 10 minutes of the game's end.  No interacting with players.  It stinks, but we're trying to keep the kids in school and the players playing.

3 hours ago, FinePrint said:

Triton sold a limited number of tickets on a pre-sale basis.  I don't know the exact number, I'm guessing around 150-200 for Triton and maybe half that for Culver.  No ticket sales at the gate.  Home and visitor fans enter through different gates.  It's senior night for fall sports, so the Triton tickets were sold out.  Social distancing in the stands.  Sit by family groups.  Masks required.  Concessions open, but separated for home and visitor fans.  Trying to keep fans separated as much as possible.  Fans must exit the bleachers and the stadium within 10 minutes of the game's end.  No interacting with players.  It stinks, but we're trying to keep the kids in school and the players playing.

I think with winamac it's 250 per school, masks are required to be worn for full game, fans enter separate sides, they let visitors out first then fans on winamac side are let out by sections

No visiting players after game. 

Tip your cap to nj. Wow

The first 22 mins were pretty back and forth. 

Holding penalty on punt line, move back. Judson special team forces a safety. 9-0. An ok punt after the safety, couple nice plays and TD to go up 16-0 half time. 

Winamac forces turn over to start 2nd half. Eli Blount redeems himself or for his brother with a pick six to go up 22-0. 

Then judson tacks on last TD in late 4th. 

Winamac gotta clean up the miscues on ST and have to take care of the ball... Kids gotta step up on oline too. 

Some winable games coming up. 

22 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

I think with winamac it's 250 per school, masks are required to be worn for full game, fans enter separate sides, they let visitors out first then fans on winamac side are let out by sections

No visiting players after game. 

No visiting players after the game ... that is not 100% accurate. LaVille players visited with friends, family, etc., after the Winamac game.

I've heard that some schools are asking that no fans loiter around the locker room area and wait for their player(s) away from the locker room area.  I heard that is also not happening. 

It's kind of like masking and distancing . . . If the guideline is not followed,  why make announcements, post signs, and have a guideline anyway.  Some people just laugh at the guideline. 

I will say announcers are making announcements, but people are going to do what they want to do.

Be curious if schools are asking fans to leave if they don't abid by the guidelines?

Either we have the guidelines and they are followed or not.

as always,  the game is better 

from_the_sidelines007 

2 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

No visiting players after the game ... that is not 100% accurate. LaVille players visited with friends, family, etc., after the Winamac game.

I've heard that some schools are asking that no fans loiter around the locker room area and wait for their player(s) away from the locker room area.  I heard that is also not happening. 

It's kind of like masking and distancing . . . If the guideline is not followed,  why make announcements, post signs, and have a guideline anyway.  Some people just laugh at the guideline. 

I will say announcers are making announcements, but people are going to do what they want to do.

Be curious if schools are asking fans to leave if they don't abid by the guidelines?

Either we have the guidelines and they are followed or not.

as always,  the game is better 

from_the_sidelines007 

I can tell you by the door that they usually walk out of to the field. No parents stand there from either side. 

The other school now goes into the middle school locker rooms across street.