Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

I already know but...

9 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I heard through the grapevine that both teams have D1 prospects on them. 

I live in Green Bay, Wisconsin but was hearing from friends and family that this game was going to be huge 

Kiyron Powell from Bosse is a 6'9 Jr. forward with offers from Kansas State, Xavier, Georgetown, Evansville, and Miami (OH).

Heritage Hills' Blake Sisley is a 6'8 Sophomore who has a large skill set and will command some pretty big offers eventually as well.  

There are are some other players on both rosters who are great high school basketball players in their own right, but those are the two biggest prospects!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Basementbias said:

Another reason to seed our tournaments, but I digress.

It is an impossibility, and even more so in basketball than in football.  There are no metrics that can can be used to make seeding legitimate.  Outside of the coaches in the room putting pen to paper, like they do in wrestling.

2 minutes ago, eschnur66 said:

It is an impossibility, and even more so in basketball than in football.  There are no metrics that can can be used to make seeding legitimate.  Outside of the coaches in the room putting pen to paper, like they do in wrestling.

Seems to work very well that way. Maybe create a formula to base it off the rankings. Honestly I'd be fine with the top 2 or top 4 of 8 team sectionals being seeded and the rest randomly drawn.

6 hours ago, eschnur66 said:

Please do not tell me that this is the football forum, as I am already aware, but last night in little ol' Boonville, IN!  Hoosier Hysteria is not completely dead! Bosse beat Heritage Hills 66-62 in front of 5,000+

IMG_20190227_061640.jpg

Great photo!

Coach, yeah we know it's a "football forum" but this was cool to see.

By the way there is a "little used" basketball forum on this site. Boys High School Hoops. You can find it on the homepage here under the Browse Forums tab. It could use a little traction.

9 hours ago, Payne said:

They must make good use of their space at Boonville. The gym looks very similar to Carmel which holds about 3,800.

IHSAA website says Boonville gym holds 5,600 so I'll take their word for it.

I went to Boonville and have been in Carmel's gym.  Boonville is most definitely a couple thousand seats larger.  Boonville is like the 17th largest gym in the state.  It was built with the late Roberts Stadium in Evansville as the blueprint.

54 minutes ago, eschnur66 said:

I went to Boonville and have been in Carmel's gym.  Boonville is most definitely a couple thousand seats larger.  Boonville is like the 17th largest gym in the state.  It was built with the late Roberts Stadium in Evansville as the blueprint.

As was Huntingburg and the old gym in Owensville.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Titan32 said:

And the one at Switz City which is the nicest gym of that style I've ever seen. Smaller than Huntingburg (3,000 seats, 10 rows vs. 6,100, 16 rows) but really spruced-up interior and excellent lighting.

13 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Are you saying that Huntingburg Memorial gym was built with the late Roberts Stadium as the blueprint? If so then that is not correct. Huntingburg was built about 5 years before Roberts Stadium.

9 hours ago, sr1 said:

Are you saying that Huntingburg Memorial gym was built with the late Roberts Stadium as the blueprint? If so then that is not correct. Huntingburg was built about 5 years before Roberts Stadium.

No sir...same architectural firm and same concept as Roberts.  Actually not sure the one in Boonville was...but it is at least the same concept.