6. Homestead

7. New Haven 

8. Snider

9. Eastside

10. Coumbia City

In the mix..

South Adams, Adams Central, Angola, Norwell, Northrop

Thoughts?

I'm not sure I'd have Snider (odd to say that) in the top 10 currently. I'd move South Adams up to 8 and put Snider in at 11 (in the mix).

2 hours ago, Basementbias said:

I'm not sure I'd have Snider (odd to say that) in the top 10 currently. I'd move South Adams up to 8 and put Snider in at 11 (in the mix).

Much respect for South Adams, but I'm not sure they could topple a Snider team having  bad year. I would love to see it play out, but I'm not sure a SA win would be realistic. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BTF said:

Much respect for South Adams, but I'm not sure they could topple a Snider team having  bad year. I would love to see it play out, but I'm not sure a SA win would be realistic. 

I guess I'm basing my top 10 different then the rest of you. I wasn't factoring head to head comparisons, but who will have the better season in their respective schedule. I'm only positioning based off class and schedule, giving the respect for the bigger classes as a tie-breaker so to speak.

1. Carroll

2. Dwenger

T3. Homestead

T3. East Noble

T5. North Side

T5. Leo

7. New Haven (Pioneer win puts them ahead of SA & Eastside for now)

8. South Adams

9. Eastside (Week 6 SA vs AC could vault Blazers up, but think SA will have better victory over common opponent)

10. Coumbia City (Would have been nice to compare Bellmont result against SA & AC's cancelled games vs Bellmont)

In the mix..

Northrop, Concordia, Snider, Norwell, Adams Central, Southwood, & Angola

7 hours ago, Basementbias said:

I guess I'm basing my top 10 different then the rest of you. I wasn't factoring head to head comparisons, but who will have the better season in their respective schedule. I'm only positioning based off class and schedule, giving the respect for the bigger classes as a tie-breaker so to speak.

If you are speaking in terms of pound for pound, there is no comparison this year. South Adams might be number one if that is the case. 

• Like 1

South Adams has a lot of talent that could start at any school in the area, but there’s not near as much death. In head to head, SA is probably around 8. I think they could hang with most of the NE8, Columbia City is comparable. But pound for pound, definitely vying for that top spot.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Basementbias said:

I agree on both points.  If you're thinking P4P then SA is #1... they'll roll through the ACAC and tournament to Semi State (maybe a little bump with Southwood in regional... yes i said Southwood not AC).

If you're thinking overall then you have to move Eastside and SA out of top 10.  Pioneer will make a deep run at 2A but couldn't hold off New Haven at then end. 

41 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

I agree on both points.  If you're thinking P4P then SA is #1... they'll roll through the ACAC and tournament to Semi State (maybe a little bump with Southwood in regional... yes i said Southwood not AC).

If you're thinking overall then you have to move Eastside and SA out of top 10.  Pioneer will make a deep run at 2A but couldn't hold off New Haven at then end. 

Right now that is fair, but I think that is whom AC needs to strive to beat. I don't see a repeat of last years Regional outcome, but would like to see it be a rematch at least. Curious if Southwood is the same as 2017 or if they were like the last couple of years.

On 9/15/2020 at 10:04 AM, NE8Fan said:

1. Carroll

2. Dwenger

3. Leo

4. East Noble

5. North Side

6. Homestead

7. New Haven 

8. Snider

9. Eastside

10. Coumbia City

In the mix..

South Adams, Adams Central, Angola, Norwell, Northrop

Thoughts?

North Side Had to play d before I say they are for real.  
Dwenger beats Carroll on Saturday.   I may be eating my words come Monday but I feel they match up very well with Carroll. 

9 hours ago, OldschoolFB said:

North Side Had to play d before I say they are for real.  
Dwenger beats Carroll on Saturday.   I may be eating my words come Monday but I feel they match up very well with Carroll. 

North Side lost to Luers after taking a 46-42 lead with 1:30 left.  Luers wins 49-46.  North Side is not good.  And they are getting worse.  
Hopefully Dwenger wins tomorrow night and I might actually look smart to the board.   That’s going to be a great one to watch.  I predict the Saints win 31-21.  

21 minutes ago, OldschoolFB said:

North Side lost to Luers after taking a 46-42 lead with 1:30 left.  Luers wins 49-46.  North Side is not good.  And they are getting worse.  
Hopefully Dwenger wins tomorrow night and I might actually look smart to the board.   That’s going to be a great one to watch.  I predict the Saints win 31-21.  

Don't fret it. My NE8 picks this week make me look terrible. EN losing to Leo and then Norwell took it to New Haven. Plus CC had to escape DeKalb. Some teams came to play and others didn't. It happens to all of us. Just tells me that NE Indiana shouldn't look for a 4A champion this year at this point. Looks like Mooresville will be the team to beat in that class. Dwenger vs Carroll should be a good one but they're high school kids and the routine has changed so it's a crapshoot.

2 hours ago, Basementbias said:

Don't fret it. My NE8 picks this week make me look terrible. EN losing to Leo and then Norwell took it to New Haven. Plus CC had to escape DeKalb. Some teams came to play and others didn't. It happens to all of us. Just tells me that NE Indiana shouldn't look for a 4A champion this year at this point. Looks like Mooresville will be the team to beat in that class. Dwenger vs Carroll should be a good one but they're high school kids and the routine has changed so it's a crapshoot.

If Leo would throw the ball, they could win 4A.  But they wont win anything with this offense.  
CC is always CC.  Always laying an egg or two.  
New Haven score surprised me a lot.  
As did North Side.  
Snider is getting worse by the week. 
Concordia is anyone’s guess

Northrop is a team that scares me.  If you let up just a little, they could surprise you.  

1 hour ago, OldschoolFB said:

If Leo would throw the ball, they could win 4A.  But they wont win anything with this offense.  
CC is always CC.  Always laying an egg or two.  
New Haven score surprised me a lot.  
As did North Side.  
Snider is getting worse by the week. 
Concordia is anyone’s guess

Northrop is a team that scares me.  If you let up just a little, they could surprise you.  

No disrespect to Leo. But after having officiated the Mooresville game, its apparent that they do need to diversify the offense in order to compete against the best of Southern 4A.

Mooresville is absolutely formidable!  And with  QB who is a Sophomore (WOW)...  That's not going to change for the next 2 seasons.  

As for the SAC, I won't count out anyone...week to week.  Its all about the 'scheme and matchups'...  

Glad that they are playing games, IMO!  

• Like 2

We have a similar poll for SW Indiana. It's always difficult comparing successful small schools with large schools. Occasionally, you'll get cases where a 2A/3A team like Mater Dei who plays a closed SIAC schedule against all 4A & 5A teams get beaten in the playoffs by a good Southridge team (floats between 2A/3A). The closed conferences (or lack of diverse non-conference opponents) have compounded ranking teams unfortunately. 

Does Muncie fall into the category of NE Indiana? If so, why do schools in that area rarely progress in the tournament?

5 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Mooresville is absolutely formidable!  And with  QB who is a Sophomore (WOW)...  That's not going to change for the next 2 seasons.  

Mooresville (and I am a Gillin fan...and Big Bob) is no given as to coming out of the South considering Mt. Vernon and, within their own Sectional, East Central (who beat Cincy Moeller by 2 scores just 2 weeks ago).

Edited by Lysander

43 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

We have a similar poll for SW Indiana. It's always difficult comparing successful small schools with large schools. Occasionally, you'll get cases where a 2A/3A team like Mater Dei who plays a closed SIAC schedule against all 4A & 5A teams get beaten in the playoffs by a good Southridge team (floats between 2A/3A). The closed conferences (or lack of diverse non-conference opponents) have compounded ranking teams unfortunately. 

Does Muncie fall into the category of NE Indiana? If so, why do schools in that area rarely progress in the tournament?

Depends on how you're breaking the state down if they're NE Indiana or EC Indiana. This is coming from someone who is near the edge of NE/EC Indiana separation area. The IHSAA regionals for football would consider most of them NE but HS basketball (girls especially) have them in the South for tournament (Winchester vs Central Noble).

23 minutes ago, Basementbias said:

Depends on how you're breaking the state down if they're NE Indiana or EC Indiana. This is coming from someone who is near the edge of NE/EC Indiana separation area. The IHSAA regionals for football would consider most of them NE but HS basketball (girls especially) have them in the South for tournament (Winchester vs Central Noble).

Thanks. My father lived there for a while on a (jumping/show) horse farm, including during the Blizzard of 1979. He said the water in his eyes froze walking to the barn to tend to the horses... Fortunately, a few years later, he returned to Bloomington where he met my mother and then back to their families in Indy, where I was born and most of my family still lives.

On 9/18/2020 at 10:14 PM, OldschoolFB said:

I hate to bump my own post.....BUT....I couldn’t help it.  Saints win last night vs Carroll 31-21.   Time for me to retire at picking scores and go out on top.