Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

All the Best to my good friend Trojan Dad

Guest DT

We've lost a good one as long time contributor Trojan Dad has decided to step away from The GID.

Trojan Dad has been one of my all time favorites.  We exchanged many PMs over the years.   As staunch of a supporter of Center Grove football and CG Athletics as you will ever find, TJD loved his Trojans and he loved The Forum.  Our bond comes in the fact that we are both Dads of CG graduates, his son and my daughter.

Trojan Dad thoroughly enjoyed the great PP Debate, loved all the threads on recruiting, is a big IU fan and alum, but nothing got his attention more than Center Grove football.  He is going out with a bang as the 2020 edition might be CGs strongest team ever.  He even tolerated my contraction rants.  LOL  😀

Take a minute and wish Trojan Dad all the best as he moves on to other pursuits and interest.

Good luck my friend.

TD and I had our share of disagreements over the years, but he recently pointed out to me that we probably have a lot more in common than our differences.  I wholeheartedly agree.  

He will be missed.  It is a shame that certain circumstances made him come to such a decision.

Go Trojans!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DT said:

We've lost a good one as long time contributor Trojan Dad has decided to step away from The GID.

Trojan Dad has been one of my all time favorites.  We exchanged many PMs over the years.   As staunch of a supporter of Center Grove football and CG Athletics as you will ever find, TJD loved his Trojans and he loved The Forum.  Our bond comes in the fact that we are both Dads of CG graduates, his son and my daughter.

Trojan Dad thoroughly enjoyed the great PP Debate, loved all the threads on recruiting, is a big IU fan and alum, but nothing got his attention more than Center Grove football.  He is going out with a bang as the 2020 edition might be CGs strongest team ever.  He even tolerated my contraction rants.  LOL  😀

Take a minute and wish Trojan Dad all the best as he moves on to other pursuits and interest.

Good luck my friend.

I agree with you, DT. Trojan Dad is a fantastic guy and a great poster on the site. I will miss his insight. He's a class person.

• Like 1

I was bummed to read the PM late last night from TD.  He was a fixture here before I first discovered the GID and to a a very real extent - a kindred spirit (particularly when I used to frequent the OOB) although, on rare occasion, I’d get a bug up my rear end when it came to TD’s intense “MIC love”....kind of like I do about another school further east on 56th Street.

I wish him and his the absolute best....most especially his son who is an officer in the Special Forces.

Over the years, there were many times when something bugged me here that I would reach out to him to discuss.  Going to miss that.  

That said, I understand his decision and respect it.....just wish it wasn’t so.  

I think the GID is going to be the lesser for it, unfortunately.  

It certainly will be from my perspective.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2020 at 12:21 AM, DT said:

Good luck my friend.

Darn. I won't be able to rub it in his face or Ellenwoods when Trump loses

• Haha 1
  • Disdain 1

4 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

How does one ‘quit their GID addiction?’

Counseling, psychotherapy, electroshock, switch to a flip phone, what? Asking for a friend....😀

In all seriousness best of luck TrojanDad in your future endeavors. I will your insights and posts. 

Hehe. And I get criticized for not being so active while I'm working/residing abroad... I had to give up management of the TGD poll to WC Grad (he's done a great job) and some of the Pick 'Ems. The crash didn't help, but still running our Twitter and auto-reshare feature, along with the predictor tool (working out some kinks for the server) -- still trying to do my part. Although, I've had to limit my forum moderator duties to egregious reports and those on topics I'm very familiar with (like those in SW Indiana.)

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

There are only about 4 people left that do.

Feels like the entire site is on life support  Would not be surprised if they pulled the plug soon.  

3 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I stay away from OOB as well.  It’s best people don’t know your politics on a football discussion page...there is already enough to dislike about each other LOL.

The OOB was added to the GID Menu several years ago in an attempt to increase page views and make the site more attractive to potential advertisers and / or buyers.

I visited one day and immediately left, wanting nothing to do with the vitriol.

I agree, not good to mix sports with politics.  Thats why we have ESPN and CNN

3 minutes ago, Grover said:

I visited that cesspool a couple times looking for good political debate only to find a mindset equal to that of a middle school argument.  No thanks.  

There has been no political "debate" there for at least a couple of years. That's why I left several months ago.