Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

National Rushing Leaders

The state of Indiana currently has 5 of the top 10 national rushing yard leaders. 

# Name Pos Yds Yds/G Yds/Car Att Long TD Fum GP
1 Thomas Hogan - Sr
Lafayette Jefferson (Lafayette, IN)
RB, WR 1051 262.8 10.3 102 75 17 1 4
2 Devin Mockobee - Sr
Boonville (IN)
RB, DB 1009 252.3 12.0 84 97 14 1 4
3 Jace Reynolds - Jr
Harrisonville (MO)
RB, OLB 960 320.0 9.8 98   10 1 3
4 Caleb Atkinson - Sr
Frontier (Chalmers, IN)
HB, P 941 235.3 7.8 121   11 2 4
5 Dallan Hayden - Jr
Christian Brothers (Memphis, TN)
CB, RB 903 225.8 8.3 109 61 12   4
6 Braxton Ream - Jr
Manchester (North Manchester, IN)
RB, OLB 888 222.0 7.1 125 73 10 1 4
7 Marquis Crosby - Sr
Presbyterian Christian (Hattiesburg, MS)
RB, OLB 882 220.5 7.9 112   8   4
8 Aaron Nevil - Sr
North Harrison (Ramsey, IN)
RB, MLB 862 215.5 5.7 152 30 11 0 4
9 Spencer Ferguson - Sr
Davis (Kaysville, UT)
RB, DB 848 169.6 8.6 99 73 10   5
10 Zach Hrbacek - Sr
Troy (TX)
RB, CB 819 273.0 7.6 108   17   3

5 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Hmm, looks good.  But how many other states have yet to even start playing high school football, or are as far along in their season?

Also National numbers always have to be taken with a grain of salt because a bunch of schools don't report stats and when you get numbers from a place like Max Preps I would guess you're lucky if 50% of the teams in the  country have reported stats.

That said its still impressive.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Hmm, looks good.  But how many other states have yet to even start playing high school football, or are as far along in their season?

Looks like UT is 5 games in. Most of TX, MO, NE, AL and OH are 3 games in. TN is same schedule as us 4 games in. Just thought it was pretty cool. There are some Indiana kids putting up insane stats regardless.

4 hours ago, DaveMosbey said:

Also National numbers always have to be taken with a grain of salt because a bunch of schools don't report stats and when you get numbers from a place like Max Preps I would guess you're lucky if 50% of the teams in the  country have reported stats.

That said its still impressive.

As a big stat nerd I would love nothing more than for all HS teams to accurately report all of their numbers every week. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

As a big stat nerd I would love nothing more than for all HS teams to accurately report all of their numbers every week. 

I think as a coach it's important to enter stats not only for recognition among your conference/state, but players enjoy seeing their name(as lame as that sounds). It always blows my mind why coaches can't enter them... laziness I assume. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

This. 100%. Always want to see stats but if arent posted publicly I dont wanna keep bothering coaches asking nerd questions. Haha. Always curious who rushed for what the week before or if late in the season a school record is being approached. Or just chatting with coworkers or family talking about stats. 

16 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Should stats like fumbles allowed,  dropped passes,  holding calls, offsides calls,  pass interference calls,  unsportsmanlike conduct calls, etc.  also be accurately reported by player every week?  And be available for everyone to see?

Could probably argue both good and bad... it would give an opposing team a good indication of who is the hot head on the team or if a team is disciplined...  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, footballer_02 said:

I think as a coach it's important to enter stats not only for recognition among your conference/state, but players enjoy seeing their name(as lame as that sounds). It always blows my mind why coaches can't enter them... laziness I assume. 

I don't believe laziness is the issue as much as resource allocation.  I understand your point, but most coaching staffs have limited numbers, and doing this for the benefit of the public is not a priority when you are getting ready for the game the next Friday night.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nmsu_aggie said:

I don't believe laziness is the issue as much as resource allocation.  I understand your point, but most coaching staffs have limited numbers, and doing this for the benefit of the public is not a priority when you are getting ready for the game the next Friday night.

You make solid points. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, nmsu_aggie said:

There's no doubt it's easier with a larger staff. However, Hudl does half of the work for you. Then you can just transfer the stats over to Maxpreps. It literally takes me 15 minutes to do defensive stats.