Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Toughest schedules in 2A

On 10/19/2020 at 8:20 PM, jakone said:

So since the Big Ten is playing conference only games we shouldn't look for Ohio St. To be ranked in the top 25 by the computers.

Even a broken clock is right twice per day. Computer rankings which report margin of error or confidence should be trusted more. But a rankings system that only looks at games played and two teams have no connected opponents, I don't see how a rating can be given without caveats...

2 hours ago, jakone said:

Luers beats a very poor Whitko team and their SOS goes from #233 to #22.

No one in the SAC played outside their conference this season until last night so I believe SAC ratings were skewed until this morning.

1 hour ago, Purdue Pete said:

No one in the SAC played outside their conference this season until last night so I believe SAC ratings were skewed until this morning.

So you are saying it's more important for Luers SOS to play Whitko than to play Carroll, Homestead, Snider and Dwenger.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jakone said:

So you are saying it's more important for Luers SOS to play Whitko than to play Carroll, Homestead, Snider and Dwenger.

No.  I’m saying the SOS and other ratings are jacked up if u play in a closed conference.  Once the conference plays outside then the ratings correct.  At least that is how I understand it.

10 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

No.  I’m saying the SOS and other ratings are jacked up if u play in a closed conference.  Once the conference plays outside then the ratings correct.  At least that is how I understand it.

And to think there are still people who want use these rankings to seed the playoffs. smh.

• Thanks 1