Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2020 Center Grove might be Indiana's all time best

Guest DT

#1 ranked Center Grove hosted #2 ranked North central in a big MIC matchup Friday night.

CG lead 40-0 at the half, and cruised to a 47-0 victory.

So technically, the sprewad between the top ranked team in Indiana and the #2 team is 47 points.

The Trojans beat MIC rivals Warren, Ben Davis and North Central by the combines score of 144-12, shiutting out WC, CA and North Central.

Never have we seen this level of domination at the 6A level in state history.

This is an historic CG team, with possibly 4 future NFL players on the current roster.  (Degraaf/Burus/Curry/Booker)

This gteam will sweep thru the regular season and playoffs undefeated and win a state championship, and probably do it again last year.

Frankly, according to the CG broadcast team, the program is deeply disappinted in itself for letting the last two get away.

Watch end enjoy.  Special team.  

Just now, DT said:

#1 ranked Center Grove hosted #2 ranked North Central in a big MIC matchup Friday night.

CG lead 40-0 at the half, and cruised to a 47-0 victory.

So technically, the sprewad between the top ranked team in Indiana and the #2 team is 47 points.

The Trojans beat MIC rivals Warren, Ben Davis, Carmel  and North Central by the combined score of 144-12, shutting out WC, CA and North Central.

Never have we seen this level of domination at the 6A level in state history.

This is an historic CG team, with possibly 4 future NFL players on the current roster.  (Degraaf/Burus/Curry/Booker)

This geam will sweep thru the regular season and playoffs undefeated and win a state championship, and probably do it again next year.

Frankly, according to the CG broadcast team, the program is deeply disappointed in itself for letting the last two get away.

Watch end enjoy.  Special team.  

As good as they are, I’m not entirely certain they are even the best team in Indiana THIS year.  

Although, I think CalPreps/MaxPreps doesn’t update for a few days (could be wrong), they are (were) ranked 2nd in the State behind Cathedral.  Admittedly, if CalPreps hasn’t updated, CG’s absolute spanking of a good North Central team  (who is NOT the No. 2 team in the State.....they’re not EVEN the No. 2 team in 6A...where are you coming up with that?) could send them to No. 1.

I’d hope that both CG and Cathedral will show all their cards and not hold back (and both be healthy) the last regular season game. To a point, that game IS the State Championship since neither are likely to be truly challenged in their own classes this year (with only the very possible exception of Brownsburg in 6A providing challenge to CG).  

For both pride and posterity, I’d really like to see both those teams give that game their all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

As good as they are, I’m not entirely certain they are even the best team in Indiana THIS year.  

Although, I think CalPreps/MaxPreps doesn’t update for a few days (could be wrong), they are (were) ranked 2nd in the State behind Cathedral.  Admittedly, if CalPreps hasn’t updated, CG’s absolute spanking of a good North Central team  (who is NOT the No. 2 team in the State.....they’re not EVEN the No. 2 team in 6A...where are you coming up with that?) could send them to No. 1.

I’d hope that both CG and Cathedral will show all their cards and not hold back (and both be healthy) the last regular season game. To a point, that game IS the State Championship since neither are likely to be truly challenged in their own classes this year (with only the very possible exception of Brownsburg in 6A providing challenge to CG).  

For both pride and posterity, I’d really like to see both those teams give that game their all.

Cathedral does not have the talent that CG has.  CG should be a 2 TD favorite to win the game.  That last game of the year id a real trap.  Both schools have struggles with the timing for several years.  Im not sure why CG had the WC game moved out of week 9 and then scheduled Cathedral in the same slot.  

Just now, DT said:

Cathedral does not have the talent that CG has.  CG should be a 2 TD favorite to win the game.  That last game of the year id a real trap.  Both schools have struggles with the timing for several years.  Im not sure why CG had the WC game moved out of week 9 and then scheduled Cathedral in the same slot.  

Sagarin had North central #2 going into Friday nights game.

2 minutes ago, DT said:

Cathedral does not have the talent that CG has.  CG should be a 2 TD favorite to win the game.  

Love it. Definitely will be big underdogs in that one. Two monster challenges for the Irish upcoming the next two weeks with Cincy Lasalle and Elder. If Cathedral can scrape by, both schools should be Top20 in the country for that showdown. Hate to look ahead, but looks saucy. 

Praying for a lift on crowd restrictions by then too. The shamdemic is over.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Love it. Definitely will be big underdogs in that one. Two monster challenges for the Irish upcoming the next two weeks with Cincy Lasalle and Elder. If Cathedral can scrape by, both schools should be Top20 in the country for that showdown. Hate to look ahead, but looks saucy. 

Praying for a lift on crowd restrictions by then too. The shamdemic is over.

Has Cathedral ever considered applying for admission to The GCL?

This will be a great discussion topic a week or two before the game especially if both teams remain undefeated.  Not to put the cart in front of the horse yet but will both teams (CG and Cathedral) play 100% all-out in the final regular season game with the following week starting playoffs?  If ESPN were to pick up the game obviously I see that happening given the national exposure to both programs which would be a great thing of course.  

I think at this point  in the season- looking at the statistics from both team-,  anything short of a state championship for both teams would be a major disappointment.   So in a game that really just would result in bragging rights I am curious how much that may be taken into account?

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Sagarin doesn’t take into consideration out of state opponents which is Brownsburg signature win so far. CG, Cathedral, and Brownsburg are in tier 1 this year and it’s a wide gap from the rest.

If, in fact,  both CalPreps and Sagarin are actually correct in both ranking Chatard, North Central and Carmel as No.’s 4, 5 and 6 overall respectively, then clearly both CG and Cathedral have demonstrated that there is a wide gap.

2 minutes ago, Dave007 said:

This will be a great discussion topic a week or two before the game especially if both teams remain undefeated.  Not to put the cart in front of the horse yet but will both teams (CG and Cathedral) play 100% all-out in the final regular season game with the following week starting playoffs?  If ESPN were to pick up the game obviously I see that happening given the national exposure to both programs which would be a great thing of course.  

I think at this point  in the season- looking at the statistics from both team-,  anything short of a state championship for both teams would be a major disappointment.   So in a game that really just would result in bragging rights I am curious how much that may be taken into account?

I personally believe CG would sacrifice this game if it preserves their top priority, winning the state championship.  That has become the only true measure of success for the program

3 minutes ago, DT said:

I personally believe CG would sacrifice this game if it preserves their top priority, winning the state championship.  That has become the only true measure of success for the program

That attitude is why we all remember the Colts 2009 team with such fondness.

5 minutes ago, DT said:

It depends what you mean by “sacrifice.” Will they only run “vanilla“ offenses and defenses, so as not to show anything? Probably, although by that time of the season it’s no mystery what they’re doing. But would they pull people early, or even hold people out who would otherwise be playing, doubtful.

21 minutes ago, DT said:

If this is truly the best team in the history of Indiana, they should still win comfortably without showing much. In all honesty, winner of this game probably has bragging rights the rest the year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

If this is truly the best team in the history of Indiana, they should still win comfortably without showing much. In all honesty, winner of this game probably has bragging rights the rest the year.

If, in fact, any team might want to lay claim to the best team in Indiana history then they need to back it up.....and the bragging rights wouldn’t just be for the “rest of the year” but rather for decades.

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

It depends what you mean by “sacrifice.” Will they only run “vanilla“ offenses and defenses, so as not to show anything? Probably, although by that time of the season it’s no mystery what they’re doing. But would they pull people early, or even hold people out who would otherwise be playing, doubtful.

I think they will "manage" the game and "compete" to win.  But not at all costs.  Backups will see playing time.   Regardless of score. The week 9 Warren Central matchups of prior years likely cost the Trojans a few blue rings.  They are more experienced now with handling this challenge

44 minutes ago, Lysander said:

If, in fact, any team might want to lay claim to the best team in Indiana history then they need to back it up.....and the bragging rights wouldn’t just be for the “rest of the year” but rather for decades.

I think the comparisons of 2001 Ben Davis and 2006 Warren Central are valid

These kids today are so much bigger, stronger and faster than they were ten to 15 years ago.   Maybe 15 years down the road we will be saying the same thing about the 2035 MT Vernon Foothills team as compared to 2020 CG.  This CG team could play with IMG in my view

Just now, DT said:

I think the comparisons of 2001 Ben Davis and 2006 Warren Central are valid

These kids today are so much bigger, stronger and faster than they were ten to 15 years ago.   Maybe 15 years down the road we will be saying the same thing about the 2035 MT Vernon Foothills team as compared to 2020 CG.  This CG team could play with IMG in my view

Fortville