Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 6

24 minutes ago, wrcsage said:

We shall talk again come Late Friday night or Saturday morning after the Wolfs run the D1’s out of Rockville.  Score predictors are useless except for striking up conversation about an upcoming game.  Serious question:  who will have more D1 athletes on the field Friday....D1’s or the Wolfs?

Sounds good. I've actually found score predictors to be a pretty good indicator. I'm not aware of any supposed D1 athletes on Parke Heritage's football team. Apparently there are at least 2 at South Vermillion.

Another serious question: How many D1 athletes has either school produced in Football in the past?

I asked this question early on with no response. Was anyone at the SV/Sullivan game? Still curious if Sullivan has that good of a defense? 
If anyone one from SV is on here. If you have a D1 quarterback why would you not put the ball in his hand to make plays. SV had the same amount of passing plays in 4 quarters has they had in previous games only playing 2 quarters. Based on the article in the Terre haute paper last week  based on the qbs stats. They said “think about what it would be if he played 4 quarters” I was looking for 27-30 pass attempts.  Was he hurt? Bad coaching? Did SV not care about the Sullivan game and are only focused on the Wolves? Any insight would be helpful. 

PH has something to prove. They haven’t had a challenge yet. Can the defense step up. I believe by looking at the stats the Varsity has only given up 2 tds. Can the brothers make a connection this week? Will the ball be moved around? Will this qb stand up to his hype? 

as far as I see through a few games whether in person or by stats. I don’t see either team have a D1 player at this time. Barrett’s connection may have got Garzolini an offer, but a few more games like last week and the scouts may be coming from the likes of Franklin, Depauw, Wabash and so on. Now before anyone  loses their mind. It’s still a great accomplishment to play at those colleges. Education should be the  key goal while playing In college for 99.7% of players. Donnie Baker I made that stat up so take it easy on me. 

1 hour ago, Ballhawk said:

The WRC is certainly down this year compared to previous seasons, but there still is a rich history in the conference, and some of them will bounce back as the talent cycles.

Here's how I see your games for this week:

NV over Attica - NV seems to be getting healthy and better each week.  The Falcons probably need to win this game and the FC game to avoid the 1-win season, as PH & Seeger are probably favored over them in the coming weeks.  The Ramblers are on life support.  How many players do they have on the roster?  Anyway, I'll take the Falcons over my mom's alma mater by 24+.

Covington over South Newton - Do the Trojans still have that soft grass?  That was the softest field I ever set foot on, but of course that was 40 years ago, so it's probably changed a little since then.  The Rebels seniors have not won a football game in their HS careers.  They looked better when I saw them earlier this season, but they still have a way to go.  Rebels have a couple good linemen and a couple good backs, but the Trojans should still prevail.

Seeger over FC - This used to be the big game in the WRC, but not so much this year.  How many people know the Patriots were the Indians when the school opened?  I have seen the basketball warm-up that pops wore.  My picture is the helmet he wore for Seeger in the early 60s.  I have the helmet in my office now.  The Mustangs are nothing like the teams of old, at least not this year.  The Patriots should win this one easily.

RP over Cloverdale - Does anybody really know what time it is?  Does anybody really care?  Take the Panthers and some aspirin over the Clovers.

Parke Heritage over South Vermillion - The Wolves (why were Rockville & Turkey Run consolidated and Riverton Parke left out?) may not necessarily be beating the Green Bay Packers every week, but they are winning and winning big.  Coach Moore may be seen as an opportunist, but he wins wherever he goes.  I like Coach, he may be arrogant sometimes, but I've been known to be that way myself every once in a while.  He should be wary of the Wildcats, who apparently are the favorites to run the table in 2A this year.  Have they backtracked from all that talk now that Sullivan brought them back to earth.  Anyway, if the SV players are aware of all the SEC & Big 12 scouts watching these D1 recruits, it could be a major distraction.  I'll take the coaching of the Wolves over the Wildcats this week.

Have some fun with these.  If these picks bother you, get over it.  If you'd like to convince me how wrong I am, get to it.  I love the WRC and the area around Attica, Williamsport, West Lebanon, Veedersburg & Judyville.  It's where my roots are, so good luck to all the teams this week and I hope they all get to play.

Welcome home Hawks. It’s nice to see a visitor with some knowledge of the WRC from the ode day’s, I swear to God it is. I was at the basketball game when Seegers made the announcement at halftime that the Pine Knots were consolidating with the Indians. I remember Williamsport was the Bombers, what was West Lebanons?And what happened to East Lebanon’s? 
You also made a good point on the FC- Seegers football games. When the playoff system started in the 70’s FC went in 75 and 76 and Seegers beat FC in 77 and qualified that year. FC went on to finish runner up in 78. By the mid 80’s they fell off the map until Brian Moore’s to over in the early 90’s.

Riverton Parkes is already a consolidation of the southern part of the county. 
Your picks look pretty solid. 

8 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

This could be the worstest answer in GID history. I swear to God it is! PH will get blowed out. Or SV will get blowed out. Way to go out on a limb. I gotta go 

What? I said I wouldn't be surprised if either one happens. Happens sometimes when someone doesn't play any competition. Seen it many times. Just because you blow out terrible teams, doesn't mean you're that good. 

10 minutes ago, wrcsage said:

Top eateries in the WRC (excluding pizza)

1.  Beef House

2.  36 Saloon

3.  Robbies 

4.  Gerries

5.  Mecca Tavern

I just looked up Robies in Attica......how did I not know about this place? Their daily specials look delicious! Definitely going to have to check it out soon.

48 minutes ago, Woody_Hayes said:

I just looked up Robies in Attica......how did I not know about this place? Their daily specials look delicious! Definitely going to have to check it out soon.

Two words for you at Robbies. Tater Balls. They’re badass I swear to God they are. You can’t go there without eating tater balls. State Law. Prime Ribs on the weekend isn’t bad either but they quit serving mushrooms. Steak without shrooms is both un American and un Christian . I gotta go 

21 hours ago, Bear54 said:

Sounds good. I've actually found score predictors to be a pretty good indicator. I'm not aware of any supposed D1 athletes on Parke Heritage's football team. Apparently there are at least 2 at South Vermillion.

Another serious question: How many D1 athletes has either school produced in Football in the past?

There’s no D1 athletes playing American football all in the WRC right now.   No one in this group that isn’t super fanboy or a coach that wears a visor generating hype for his team would disagree.    Good D3 kids, yes.  D1- negative.  

And the answer to your question is zero, from my knowledge.   Maybe a player or two from the Rockville days are ISU, but Josh Smith from Attica is the last one I recall that played D1.  

2 hours ago, Woody_Hayes said:

Although technically not in the WRC due to being across the state line, The Moon Glo should also have made my list!

18 minutes ago, WRCNFL333 said:

There’s no D1 athletes playing American football all in the WRC right now.   No one in this group that isn’t super fanboy or a coach that wears a visor generating hype for his team would disagree.    Good D3 kids, yes.  D1- negative.  

And the answer to your question is zero, from my knowledge.   Maybe a player or two from the Rockville days are ISU, but Josh Smith from Attica is the last one I recall that played D1.  

Garzolini already has an offer from Indiana State and they are a D1 FCS School. So someone on the staff at ISU thinks he is a D1 kid.  Shew would project as a possible scholarship type kid and Nieves is probably more of a D3 player.  Still nothing to scoff at because I am sure so many of you on here played college football!

55 minutes ago, CheapSeats said:

Garzolini already has an offer from Indiana State and they are a D1 FCS School. So someone on the staff at ISU thinks he is a D1 kid.  Shew would project as a possible scholarship type kid and Nieves is probably more of a D3 player.  Still nothing to scoff at because I am sure so many of you on here played college football!

How many scholarship football players did Sullivan have?  How many college football type players did Sullivan have?

2 hours ago, CheapSeats said:

I don't know their players well enough to answer that question. Yes, SV didn't play well against Sullivan, but all teams have bad games. 

D1 QBs don’t lose to teams in the Wabash valley, nor score 13 points in a game against lesser talent on D.   For him, I hope he starts four years in college and gets drafted in the NFL, but FCS, BIg Ten, SEC etc don’t line up in this conference and get beat.     I would argue that last’s year QB at PH, White, was better and played within his offense much better and is a great D3 fit.   

On 9/23/2020 at 4:17 PM, Donnie Baker said:

what was West Lebanons?And what happened to East Lebanon’s? 

West Lebanon was the Clippers & Pikers.  Colors were gold, purple & white.

West Lebanon was originally named Lebanon, but once the Lebanon in Boone County incorporated, the name was changed to West Lebanon.  Interesting, since West Lebanon is only 65 miles from Lebanon.  Not quite the relation of West Lafayette to Lafayette.  No record of an East Lebanon.

22 hours ago, wrcsage said:

Top eateries in the WRC (excluding pizza)

1.  Beef House

2.  36 Saloon

3.  Robbies 

4.  Gerries

5.  Mecca Tavern

I made a stop at the Beef House last night on my way home from North Vermillion. Glad to see the place is alive and well. 

17 hours ago, WRCNFL333 said:

D1 QBs don’t lose to teams in the Wabash valley, nor score 13 points in a game against lesser talent on D.   For him, I hope he starts four years in college and gets drafted in the NFL, but FCS, BIg Ten, SEC etc don’t line up in this conference and get beat.     I would argue that last’s year QB at PH, White, was better and played within his offense much better and is a great D3 fit.   

Danny Etling lost a lot of games at TH South and he was a D1 QB.  It wasn't all to MIC teams either.

Can the clock move any slower today?

A lot to look forward to tonight in the SV/PH game. Who shows up tonight? 

Does SV prove that they had a bad game and it was a fluke that they only scored 13 points in 4 quarters plus overtime. Do we find out that Sullivans defense was better then everyone thought? Does SV have a defense to control all the playmakers at PH.

Does the D1 quarterback come out and control the game. Does the coaching staff put more of the game in his hands and they throw more then 15 times? We will see. 

Is PH the real deal on offense or have they just been lucky to blow out weaker opponents to pad their stats. Does PH prove they have a dual threat offense. Does the defense have the ability to shut down big plays? 

Both teams seem to have a decent kicker, does it come down to extra points or field goals? 

Do the coaches let the ball fly for a high scoring game or do they try to control the clock and let defense decide the game? 

good luck to all teams tonight play hard and stay safe. 

1 hour ago, Oldschoolfan said:

Can the clock move any slower today?

A lot to look forward to tonight in the SV/PH game. Who shows up tonight? 

Does SV prove that they had a bad game and it was a fluke that they only scored 13 points in 4 quarters plus overtime. Do we find out that Sullivans defense was better then everyone thought? Does SV have a defense to control all the playmakers at PH.

Does the D1 quarterback come out and control the game. Does the coaching staff put more of the game in his hands and they throw more then 15 times? We will see. 

Is PH the real deal on offense or have they just been lucky to blow out weaker opponents to pad their stats. Does PH prove they have a dual threat offense. Does the defense have the ability to shut down big plays? 

Both teams seem to have a decent kicker, does it come down to extra points or field goals? 

Do the coaches let the ball fly for a high scoring game or do they try to control the clock and let defense decide the game? 

good luck to all teams tonight play hard and stay safe. 

If PH can run at all they should take the ball out of the D1Qbs hands.