Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 6

What a day in the WRC.  Two epic teams set to do battle.  D1’s vs. the Wolfs...I can’t hardly wait!  Although after breaking down the matchup I am not sure it will be much of a game:

Coaching:  The Visor vs The Hall of Famer-total mismatch here.  The Hall of Famer has forgotten more X’s and O’s than The Visor ever knew.  Both are great hype guys however.  If it turns into a game of hype then we could very well see a shootout.  

Johnson-Johnson vs Garzolini-Shew:  I will go with J squared every day and twice on Sunday’s in this one.  

The Wolf howl vs a Wildcats’s purr-I’m guessing there will be a lot of Wolf’s howls tonight in Rockville.

36 Saloon vs Gerries:  another epic matchup here, but the hogpit takes it over the top.  

As you can see, not looking good for the D1’s tonight.  If they don’t get the Dub tonight I’m afraid they may have to be demoted to the D2’s?

Edited by wrcsage

End of first half SV 35 PH 28

my take away. 

QB advantage PH

receivers advantage PH 

running game advantage SV

Defense advantage SV 

excitement for the game SV. 

D1 players on the field zero.

D3 player on the field 7-8

D3 players on the field that will get playing time 4

Should be an exciting 2nd half

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Oldschoolfan said:

End of first half SV 35 PH 28

my take away. 

QB advantage PH

receivers advantage PH 

running game advantage SV

Defense advantage SV 

excitement for the game SV. 

D1 players on the field zero.

D3 player on the field 7-8

D3 players on the field that will get playing time 4

Should be an exciting 2nd half

I toad everyone it would be a track meat

Sad why to see the game end. Hope the PH player is ok. 

I am assuming game will end with this score so my take away from the game is the same as first half. 

Best qb on field. Johnson 

best running backs SV

best player on the field Shew.

biggest take way. Sullivan must have a hell of a defense. 

More after game thoughts. 

PH - really talented players on offense, can score with anyone. Defense needs work. Never seen the killer instinct in anyone on the field. Someone one needs to step up and put a hit on. Needs to learn to wrap up. Special teams. Might as well pooch kick every time as the coverage team struggles. PH learned it takes more then scoring points to win games. 

SV strongest part of their game is the running game. Take Shew off the field the team is a .500 ball club. Needs to pas the ball more to open things up. A good run defense will cause problems for SV. Maybe that’s what Sullivan had. SV had a few big pass plays but there were very few. Will need to improve come state tournament time. 

any clue what happened before the game? I saw one player one the sidelines with a knee brace on for the Wolves. Before the game started I saw another player fully dressed in uniform on crutches. I didn’t notice anyone having issues before the game. 

if you were lucky enough to be at the game tonight you saw the best two players in the WRC Joey Shew and Christian Johnson. These boys are fun to watch. 

on to next week now. Don’t believe we will have another exciting game to look forward to for a few weeks. 

2 hours ago, Oldschoolfan said:

Sad why to see the game end. Hope the PH player is ok. 

I am assuming game will end with this score so my take away from the game is the same as first half. 

Best qb on field. Johnson 

best running backs SV

best player on the field Shew.

biggest take way. Sullivan must have a hell of a defense. 

I told several people on here this wasn't the worst Sullivan team in many years.   Congrats to South Vermillion.

I can admit when I was wrong.  Kudos to the D1’s.  I guess they can stay as the D1’s after the big upset win.  As for the Wolfs, they have score 25+ in all but 1 loss in the Hall of Famer’s tenure there.  When does defense ever become a priority for them?  I think the biggest topic of discussion the rest of the season will be if Attica will suit up and play in week 8 or if they will dodge the D1’s?  Does Attica believe they can be co-champs of the WRC at 4-0?  Definitely the most interesting story line of the rest of the season...given they beat the Trojans next week.  

4 hours ago, wrcsage said:

I can admit when I was wrong.  Kudos to the D1’s.  I guess they can stay as the D1’s after the big upset win.  As for the Wolfs, they have score 25+ in all but 1 loss in the Hall of Famer’s tenure there.  When does defense ever become a priority for them?  I think the biggest topic of discussion the rest of the season will be if Attica will suit up and play in week 8 or if they will dodge the D1’s?  Does Attica believe they can be co-champs of the WRC at 4-0?  Definitely the most interesting story line of the rest of the season...given they beat the Trojans next week.  

Lots of questions here.

How’s the injured player?

Why the cheap shots toward Attica?Didn’t the Woofs ditch a game against a mediocre 3A so they could stomp a struggling 1A?

Doesn't it seem like Moores has changed his coaching style? No hitters on defense? Bad tackling? Even his smallest players at Seegers could knock your head off. Where’s the running game?

That’s enough for now I gotta go 

Edited by Donnie Baker

21 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

Lots of questions here.

Why the cheap shots toward Attica?Didn’t the Woofs ditch a game against a mediocre 3A so they could stomp a struggling 1A?

Doesn't it seem like Moores has changed his coaching style? No hitters on defense? Bad tackling? Even his smallest players at Seegers could knock your head off. Where’s the running game?

Don’t know anything about an injured player?  Hopefully everyone got through the game healthy.  Attica has kanivered their way  around 2 of the 3 best teams in the WRC so far.  My bet is they won’t play SV either.  And yes, I have to agree.  Seems like a long way from the Wing T and tough hard-nosed defense.  

1 hour ago, Donnie Baker said:

hLots of questions here.

Heard the injured play that was took off the field by ambulance is fine. 

PH ditched a game against the 3A school but didn’t play that week. 

Why has Attica been canceling games? Are their numbers that low that they don’t want to take a chance and get some one hurt against better schools? Or are they already hurt and can’t field a team? 

PH does not seem to have the killer instinct on defense. Seems like a lot of their main guys play both ways. Not sure if they decide to rest on D so they can get their stats on offense. 

I think Moore adapts his offensive coaching to the type of players he has. PH does not have a hard nose running back and between Rockville and Turkey run it’s been awhile since those schools had one between them. But honestly with the Johnson kid at QB I would bet on him 99% of the time to make a play with his legs or arm. He was fun to watch. 

On to week 7 not much to get excited about for this upcoming Friday. 

27 minutes ago, Oldschoolfan said:

Heard the injured play that was took off the field by ambulance is fine. 

PH ditched a game against the 3A school but didn’t play that week. 

Why has Attica been canceling games? Are their numbers that low that they don’t want to take a chance and get some one hurt against better schools? Or are they already hurt and can’t field a team? 

PH does not seem to have the killer instinct on defense. Seems like a lot of their main guys play both ways. Not sure if they decide to rest on D so they can get their stats on offense. 

I think Moore adapts his offensive coaching to the type of players he has. PH does not have a hard nose running back and between Rockville and Turkey run it’s been awhile since those schools had one between them. But honestly with the Johnson kid at QB I would bet on him 99% of the time to make a play with his legs or arm. He was fun to watch. 

On to week 7 not much to get excited about for this upcoming Friday. 

Glad the player is ok
Attica definitely has low numbers. I think the comments towards them are low. 

Moore used to develop players not just take what was there. 

I agree let your playmakers do their thing but you need at least a threat of a running game 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

I agree let your playmakers do their thing but you need at least a threat of a running game 

They have a run game, can anyone find what they rushed for last night? Had to be close to 250 yards. From what max preps said they had 11 rushing TD and 19 passing TD through the first 4 games And rush for around 130 yards a game. It’s 60% -30% but why run that much if you have Johnson and company. 

Can anyone truly say after watching that game that you don’t think he is the best QB in the conference? He stepped into some big shoes and has done a hell of a job after White graduated. Wolves do some fun stuff offensively, ran things last night I’ve never seen. That last play was a dandy. 

Wolves were lucky last year that Shew was injured. Best player in the WRC, hope he has success at the next level. walked past me at halftime and that’s a big boy. 

Wildcats had 3 unsportsmanlike and 4 or 5 face masks, I didn’t know if that was the passion from the game or they were playing a little dirty, but from what I read on Facebook, Barett really praised the wolves after the game so I don’t believe that’s the way they were coached. He’s getting things turned around in Clinton but I’m not sure the turnout would be the same without #29. Cant believe how impressive he was.

Will Moore finally beat crabtree? 

They scored at will in two great NV games last year and then scored at will last night. Only punting once in those 3 “big games” combined. They have had the offense to go to the big dance but get out scored against good teams with good coaches. 

7 minutes ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

They have a run game, can anyone find what they rushed for last night? Had to be close to 250 yards. From what max preps said they had 11 rushing TD and 19 passing TD through the first 4 games And rush for around 130 yards a game. It’s 60% -30% but why run that much if you have Johnson and company. 

Can anyone truly say after watching that game that you don’t think he is the best QB in the conference? He stepped into some big shoes and has done a hell of a job after White graduated. Wolves do some fun stuff offensively, ran things last night I’ve never seen. That last play was a dandy. 

Wolves were lucky last year that Shew was injured. Best player in the WRC, hope he has success at the next level. walked past me at halftime and that’s a big boy. 

Wildcats had 3 unsportsmanlike and 4 or 5 face masks, I didn’t know if that was the passion from the game or they were playing a little dirty, but from what I read on Facebook, Barett really praised the wolves after the game so I don’t believe that’s the way they were coached. He’s getting things turned around in Clinton but I’m not sure the turnout would be the same without #29. Cant believe how impressive he was.

Will Moore finally beat crabtree? 

They scored at will in two great NV games last year and then scored at will last night. Only punting once in those 3 “big games” combined. They have had the offense to go to the big dance but get out scored against good teams with good coaches. 

Since this is the weakest team Crabtrees has had there I’d say the chances are pretty good.