Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 6

Honestly, I hope the Ramblers beat Covington and then don’t play against the D1’s in the last week....just to create confusion as to who is the WRC champion. That would leave 2 undefeated WRC teams.  Have they decided how they would name a WRC champion this year? 

12 minutes ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Won’t make me feel better but look at their past games the last 5 years. 60-70+ to nothing  multiple times, then you don’t play a single decent team. They were beating turkey run teams with 13 kids. Was hoping falcons could win that one. 

Brings up a great point....a lot of the old Turkey Run teams played with 15 or less players....and weren’t nearly as competitive as this Attica team is.  Why couldn’t/can’t Attica do this?  I am calling BS.  I hope they draw either South Putnam or the Wolfs in the sectional....let’s see if they dodge that one.    

• Like 1

One season (I think the early 2010's) Dugger only had 13 dressed for the Linton game.  I think they started the season with about 20 and then kids started getting hurt.  Think about that: only 13 players.  You can't even have practice with 13.  I heard they were using coaches, parents, whoever they could just get to hold practices.  You had to give them credit, because they played to the whistle on EVERY down.  I felt bad for them, but admired them for never giving up.  That's dedication to your school and your sport.

So if I understand this right. A couple of guys want to see the Woofs and South Putnams beat the hell out of a team that is close to shutting down their program because of games in the past? You know none of the players and even the coach aren’t there anymore, even the band director is gone I swear to God he is! I think some of the chain gang is still there. You guys still mad at Josh Smith too? 
For the record everyone was beating Turkey Runs pretty bad including RP. 

Attica gets everything they deserve.  I have heard through the grapevine that they had enough players to play the Wolfs and the Herbies but chose not to play.  Attica is a dying town and school.  There is no doubt about that, but it sounds like they need some humble pie served to them from previous years and their lack of mercy on others.  

5 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

So if I understand this right. A couple of guys want to see the Woofs and South Putnams beat the hell out of a team that is close to shutting down their program because of games in the past? You know none of the players and even the coach aren’t there anymore, even the band director is gone I swear to God he is! I think some of the chain gang is still there. You guys still mad at Josh Smith too? 
For the record everyone was beating Turkey Runs pretty bad including RP. 

No, not in the slightest. But after beating teams by so many for many years, it’s their time to be on the other end unfortunately. It won’t let me sleep any better if they get beat by 7 or 70 but they shouldn’t be able to dodge the top teams.

Teams didn’t mind to give John Batty and those kids the whippins that Herb set up for him after beatings teams by more than enough. He didn’t have Covid to be his scapegoat though.

Before one of you say “the wolves passed up on a good opponent”, I went directly to the horses mouth and asked point blank why the wolves didn’t play week 1 and theres 2 sides to every story, so save that argument. 

on a side note, the mercy running clock rule seems to really help these situations and keeps kids healthy. 

I said I wasn’t going to post after I had no Connections to any teams And leave it to my friends that still do, but here I am  lol 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

No, not in the slightest. But after beating teams by so many for many years, it’s their time to be on the other end unfortunately. It won’t let me sleep any better if they get beat by 7 or 70 but they shouldn’t be able to dodge the top teams.

Teams didn’t mind to give John Batty and those kids the whippins that Herb set up for him after beatings teams by more than enough. He didn’t have Covid to be his scapegoat though.

Before one of you say “the wolves passed up on a good opponent”, I went directly to the horses mouth and asked point blank why the wolves didn’t play week 1 and theres 2 sides to every story, so save that argument. 

on a side note, the mercy running clock rule seems to really help these situations and keeps kids healthy. 

I said I wasn’t going to post after I had no Connections to any teams And leave it to my friends that still do, but here I am  lol 

Not sure what the horse toad you but the other schools page seems to tell a different story. 

The Wolfs not playing in week 1 is old news.  I think the question now is, should they look to make their non-conference schedule stronger instead of beating up on the 2 lowly T-Bird football programs?  Would a tougher game have helped prepare them better for the D1’s?  It appears the D1’s just flat ran right over the Wolfs Friday night.  One has to wonder if a more physical opponent early in the season could have possibly exploited the weaknesses that the D1’s obviously found Friday.   Having said all of that, you have to give the Wolfs credit, their 3 losses in the last 2 years have been absolute shootout barn burner games.  

1 minute ago, wrcsage said:

The Wolfs not playing in week 1 is old news.  I think the question now is, should they look to make their non-conference schedule stronger instead of beating up on the 2 lowly T-Bird football programs?  Would a tougher game have helped prepare them better for the D1’s?  It appears the D1’s just flat ran right over the Wolfs Friday night.  One has to wonder if a more physical opponent early in the season could have possibly exploited the weaknesses that the D1’s obviously found Friday.   Having said all of that, you have to give the Wolfs credit, their 3 losses in the last 2 years have been absolute shootout barn burner games.  

It’s not ode news if you keep bashing a team that hasn’t won a sectional for 20 years 

15 hours ago, wrcsage said:

Making their non-conference schedule tougher doesn’t help them in the short term as most schedule changes take 1-2 years to take effect.   At that point, C Johnson will be a senior, N Johnson will be graduateD and the hall of famer and staff will have a foot out the door, based on the talent they have grades 3-8.    In essence, you’re scheduling tougher teams to pummel the post-Moore era teams and start the cycle all over again.  As someone said earlier, it will be Herb-to-Batty coaching change, only the 2.0 version.  

20 hours ago, wrcsage said:

Attica gets everything they deserve.  I have heard through the grapevine that they had enough players to play the Wolfs and the Herbies but chose not to play.  Attica is a dying town and school.  There is no doubt about that, but it sounds like they need some humble pie served to them from previous years and their lack of mercy on others.  

My question is this:  Are the players at Attica the same ones and is it the same coach?  If not, then why do they deserve it now?  Does FC deserve to be beaten down because they used to clobber everyone?  I fail to see the logic when it is different kids and different coaches as to why the deserve to pay for past actions by people who are no longer associated with the team, town or school.

I do hope teams aren't passing on games because they're afraid of injuries or getting beat.  I've coached a lot of games where I knew we didn't stand a chance, but we still showed up and tried.  Sometimes we surprised ourselves and did better than expected.  If teams are canceling just to avoid a loss, that really sends a poor message to your kids.

1 hour ago, Ballhawk said:

My question is this:  Are the players at Attica the same ones and is it the same coach?  If not, then why do they deserve it now?  Does FC deserve to be beaten down because they used to clobber everyone?  I fail to see the logic when it is different kids and different coaches as to why the deserve to pay for past actions by people who are no longer associated with the team, town or school.

I do hope teams aren't passing on games because they're afraid of injuries or getting beat.  I've coached a lot of games where I knew we didn't stand a chance, but we still showed up and tried.  Sometimes we surprised ourselves and did better than expected.  If teams are canceling just to avoid a loss, that really sends a poor message to your kids.

Different coach.  Coach Good resigned after last season.   The staff is similar from his group, but it’s a new head coach.  And let’s be honest, this alleged canceling due to competition doesn’t happen without the AD’s consent.  In fact, in most schools, the AD would make that call or deny the coach’s request to cancel, unless that coach yielded significant power to call his own shots and/or cancel games that the AD scheduled.  

As I sit here and think about the game last Friday, I am very happy with how SV won this game.  They ran the ball and were the more physical team.  PH has plenty of athletes and is awesome on offense, but defensively SV took advantage!  I was really expecting PH to turn the corner and be better on defense this year in Moores 3rd year.  I honestly thought we would have trouble scoring after only getting in the end zone twice vs Sullivan, but 51 points against the woof pups was pretty exciting.  SV is now in the drivers seat for the WRC title and Parke Heritage Football is going to be left out of another championship!  3 years of hype and nothing to show for it over in Parke county!

45 minutes ago, CheapSeats said:

As I sit here and think about the game last Friday, I am very happy with how SV won this game.  They ran the ball and were the more physical team.  PH has plenty of athletes and is awesome on offense, but defensively SV took advantage!  I was really expecting PH to turn the corner and be better on defense this year in Moores 3rd year.  I honestly thought we would have trouble scoring after only getting in the end zone twice vs Sullivan, but 51 points against the woof pups was pretty exciting.  SV is now in the drivers seat for the WRC title and Parke Heritage Football is going to be left out of another championship!  3 years of hype and nothing to show for it over in Parke county!

Agreed.   SV might actually be living up to the hype after playing little brother to a 1A school just north of them for Barrett’s entire tenure.  Although,  if they don’t win the sectional this year, does SV really consider this season a success?    There’s several schools in this conference that shell out a ton of money in salary, staff expense and resources to win at football and in the last 5 years only NV has cashed in on that money invested.   

42 minutes ago, WRCNFL333 said:

Agreed.   SV might actually be living up to the hype after playing little brother to a 1A school just north of them for Barrett’s entire tenure.  Although,  if they don’t win the sectional this year, does SV really consider this season a success?    There’s several schools in this conference that shell out a ton of money in salary, staff expense and resources to win at football and in the last 5 years only NV has cashed in on that money invested.   

I  agree, Kevin!  Yes, we would consider this a success without a sectional.  Winning the WRC in Football has been a good accomplishment for a lot of teams over the years!

Being one of the very largest 2A schools, having D1 athletes, and a coach like Barrett.....and it’s a success to win the WRC in its weakest year in the last 15 years, by a single touchdown. 

Hopefully Barrett is pushing for more, your kids and community deserve it, and so does his legacy. Ask woody Hayes, Brian Moore, or Herb King if winning a conference title Is a success if you don’t win a sectional. 

good grief. 

does Sv stand a chance in the sectional? Who are they in with?

• Like 1