Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC Power Poll Week 6

1.     Dwenger - The Saints are good, plain and simple. They're big, tuff, and well coached. Arguably the best defense in the state.

2.    Carroll - Arguably the best offense in Northern Indiana. Something had to give when they played the Saints.

3.    Homestead - How bout them Spartans? I wrote them off after Goode retired and Northrop took them out in Week 1. They remind me a lot of Dwenger. A very good defense and an offense good enough to close the deal. 

4.    North Side - They had a hiccup against Luers this week, but still a very dangerous team. Maybe they were looking ahead? 

5.    Concordia - The Cadets are playing like the team we all thought they were now that they are healthy. It's a good thing with Dwenger, Carroll, and North all coming up. 

6.    Snider - Trending down. Any team with an above average quarterback will give Snider fits. Couple that with a bad offense and your left with a team that is struggling big time.

7.     Luers - Trending up............for now. Which Luers team will show up against Northrop? It's anyone's guess at this point. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and predict they end up in the 6 position by the end of they season. 

8.    Northrop - Their win against Homestead seems like a looooooooong time ago. This Friday night will make 4 losses in a row. 

9.    South Side - When was the last time the Archers were not ranked last? They are playing with confidence right now. Can they go higher?

10.  Wayne - Sorry Generals, you've earned this spot so far. Not a bad football team, they are just playing in the SAC. 

Edited by BTF
correction

10 hours ago, WilELee said:

As much as i hate to say it, Homestead has to be in the top spot. 

I thought about that based on performance on the field. I still think Dwenger beats them 8 or 9 times out of ten. Dwenger is the best team in the SAC. Upsets happen and it happened against Homestead. I may feel different by the end of the year as Homestead just seems to get better and better. But right now, Dwenger is the team. 

10 hours ago, Gridiron_Junkie said:

You give Luers too much credit. If it wasn't for some bad bounces Luers should and probably would have lost to Wayne. North obviouslys had other things on their mind. Still they (North) almost pulled it out in the end.

Rating them above Northrop, South Side, and Wayne is giving them too much credit? Seeing them in the 6 position above Snider is too much credit? I'm confused, I think the 6/7 position is pretty cut and dry for them. I guess we'll find out this Friday whether or not they slide down to 8. 

10 hours ago, Gridiron_Junkie said:

You give Luers too much credit. If it wasn't for some bad bounces Luers should and probably would have lost to Wayne. North obviouslys had other things on their mind. Still they (North) almost pulled it out in the end.

Giving Luers too much credit? They are 3 spots down from a team they just beat. The object of the games is to score the most points not to look the prettiest.

North Sides win over Snider while impressive at the time isn't that good of a win now. Since that win over Snider they won one game against a Team that has one win in their last 15 games.

17 minutes ago, jakone said:

Giving Luers too much credit? They are 3 spots down from a team they just beat. The object of the games is to score the most points not to look the prettiest.

North Sides win over Snider while impressive at the time isn't that good of a win now. Since that win over Snider they won one game against a Team that has one win in their last 15 games.

All good stuff to consider. It sounds like Homestead could make a case for #1 and Luers could make a case for #6.

North is the better team. Yes, I realize Luers won the game, but, also I feel having to go through the tragedy that they (North) had a lot to do with how they played. I mean c'mon. I'm sure that thier heads we not fully into playing the game. I still believe that they (North) are the better team overall.

Edited by Gridiron_Junkie
missing words

19 hours ago, Gridiron_Junkie said:

It took some bounces for North, too, but then Wayne lost to South because they dropped the ball. 

21 hours ago, Gridiron_Junkie said:

I stand firm, I is say Luers should be in the #9 position. For now.

Luers is not very good.  Northrop should beat Luers easily.   
North Sides D is proving to get worse and worse every week. 
on the others. 
1.  Dwenger is easily the best team in the SAC.  I don’t think Homestead is within 14 points if Devon Tippmann wasn’t out that game. 
2.  Carroll will beat Homestead.  
3.  Homestead is getting better.  More specifically, Ormsby.  If he continues to improve, it can open things up more for Hartwick. If that happens, they could(still don’t think it will happen) beat Carroll. 
4.  Concordia. Their D is very good. They have 2 DBs that are All Sac at least on Grossman and Vanderbosch. 
The games lost were without starting QB and Center which caused MAJOR problems. Look for them to play the Saints better than expected. 
5.  North Side. They may be lower but for now, this is the spot. 
6. Northrop.  If you look into the numbers, the D has played well against everyone.  The O has let them down.  However, they have the athletes to do it. 
7.  Snider.  Because of coaching, they are here.  The youth is getting better but a well coached Senior laden team will be too much for them which was the case against Homestead last week. 
8. Luers.  They are actually getting better.  The only issue is they are not deep enough to beat most teams. 
9.  South Side. Only because they beat Wayne.  Although I think big they play again, Wayne wins by 2 scores. 
10. Wayne. They will get better each year Haydock is in charge.  They are also better than their record.  But for now, this is where they belong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldschoolFB said:

1.  Dwenger is easily the best team in the SAC.  I don’t think Homestead is within 14 points if Devon Tippmann wasn’t out that game. 

KJ Tippmann really impressed me against Carroll. Every time he touched the ball it seemed like he was breaking 3-4 tackles.