Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 6

Castle (3-1) at Evansville Reitz (2-3)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Reitz Bowl.
COACHES: Doug Hurt, 107-59 in 15th year at Castle. Cory Brunson, 2-3 in 1st year at Reitz, 36-43 in 8th year overall.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Castle, 65.36, 79th overall, 17th in 5A. Reitz, 49.04, 153rd overall, 39th in 4A.
LAST OUTING: Castle defeated Vincennes Lincoln, 28-7. Reitz lost to Evansville Central, 57-20.
VS. COMMON FOES: Castle 2-1; Reitz 2-1.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Castle 7-13. Reitz 16-9.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Reitz, 25-18
LAST MEETING: Castle, 22-14, Sep. 6, 2019.
jh PREDICTION: Castle, 28-21.
Evansville Bosse (0-4) at Evansville Memorial (2-3)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Enlow Field.
COACHES: DaMarcus Ganaway, 0-4 in 1st year at Bosse, 12-24 in 4th year overall. John Hurley, 102-58 in 13th year at Memorial.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Memorial, 61.55, 98th overall, 24th in 4A. Bosse, 23.85, 245th overall, 53rd in 3A.
LAST OUTING: Bosse lost to Evansville North, 48-0. Memorial defeated Evansville Harrison, 37-7.
VS. COMMON FOES: Bosse 0-3; Memorial 0-3.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Bosse 16-4. Memorial 16-9.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Memorial, 32-8
LAST MEETING: Memorial, 24-14, Sep. 20, 2019.
jh PREDICTION: Memorial, 35-10.
Evansville Harrison (0-5) at Vincennes Lincoln (1-4)
GAME TIME: 8 pm ET, Inman Field.
COACHES: Mo Sutton, 0-5 in 1st year at Harrison. Levi Salters, 26-14 in 4th year at Vincennes.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Vincennes, 45.3, 166th overall, 30th in 3A. Harrison, 29.67, 222nd overall, 50th in 4A.
LAST OUTING: Harrison lost to Evansville Memorial, 37-7. Vincennes lost to Castle, 28-7.
VS. COMMON FOES: Harrison 0-2; Vincennes 0-2.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Harrison 17-7. Vincennes 11-12.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: No meetings.
jh PREDICTION: Vincennes, 31-21.
Evansville Mater Dei (1-4) at Evansville North (5-0)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Bundrant Stadium.
COACHES: Mike Goebel, 228-75 in 24th year at Mater Dei. Joey Paridaen, 11-14 in 3rd year at North, 47-47 in 9th year overall.
SAGARIN RATINGS: North, 73.16, 46th overall, 10th in 5A. Mater Dei, 57.7, 110th overall, 13th in 2A.
LAST OUTING: Mater Dei lost to Jasper, 28-14. North defeated Evansville Bosse, 48-0.
VS. COMMON FOES: Mater Dei 0-2; North 2-0.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Mater Dei 16-8. North 7-16.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Mater Dei, 24-11
LAST MEETING: Mater Dei, 45-27, Sep. 20, 2019.
jh PREDICTION: North, 24-14.
Jasper (5-0) at Evansville Central (5-0)
GAME TIME: 6:30 pm CT, Bear Den.
COACHES: Tony Lewis, 11-4 in 2nd year at Jasper, 142-70 in 19th year overall. Sean Coultis, 14-3 in 2nd year at Central.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Central, 81.09, 26th overall, 6th in 4A. Jasper, 70.44, 58th overall, 12th in 4A.
LAST OUTING: Jasper defeated Evansville Mater Dei, 28-14. Central defeated Evansville Reitz, 57-20.
VS. COMMON FOES: Jasper 4-0; Central 4-0.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Jasper 5-19. Central 6-18.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Jasper, 8-3
LAST MEETING: Central, 27-16, Nov. 1, 2019, sectional.
jh PREDICTION: Central, 31-21.

Castle over Reitz, in a close one 

Memorial 

VL 

North over MD by 10-17 points 

Central over Jasper, can not say this game will be close or not 

Week 6 Standings 

1T. Central 

1T. North 

1T. Jasper 

2. Castle 

3. Memorial 

4. Reitz 

5. Mater Dei 

6. VL 

7. Bosse 

8. Harrison 

Week 5 Game notes 

Central and North remains dominate offensively as they blew out their opponents, Week 9 will be fun 

Jasper battles off MD in an game long scare against them. Jasper still has an fumble problem, due to 5 fumbles in the game.  

Castle pulls away from VL in the 3Q. 

Memorial blows out Harrison, winning an 2nd straight game. Pence nearly threw 400 yards in the game.  

Castle-Reitz: I got the Knights in this one, should be a great game to watch. Make no mistake, Reitz can win this game. Castle 28-20 

Memorial-Bosse: Nothing much to say about this, Memorial 35-7 

VL-Harrison: I can see the Alices winning this one big, VL 41-6 

North-MD: In my opinion, this game will be a close defensive game for all 4 quarters, but I think North will be able to pull away from MD late. Brawdy to Presswood for nail in the coffin. North 31-18 

Central-Jasper: Oh boy, this will be one fun game to watch. Defensively and offensively, both teams are very good. I like the Wildcats so far this season, and they have surprised me. Mann is one hell of a player. Central has very good athletes on both sides on the ball. And since it is at Central, the Bears beat Jasper in the Battle of Unbeaten's, Central 38-24   

Edited by TigerFan20

19 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Castle-Reitz: I got the Knights in this one, should be a great game to watch. Make no mistake, Reitz can win this game. Castle 28-20 

Memorial-Bosse: Nothing much to say about this, Memorial 35-7 

VL-Harrison: I can see the Alices winning this one big, VL 41-6 

North-MD: In my opinion, this game will be a close defensive game for all 4 quarters, but I think North will be able to pull away from MD late. Brawdy to Presswood for nail in the coffin. North 31-18 

Central-Jasper: Oh boy, this will be one fun game to watch. Defensively and offensively, both teams are very good. I like the Wildcats so far this season, and they have surprised me. Mann is one hell of a player. Central has very good athletes on both sides on the ball. And since it is at Central, the Bears beat Jasper in the Battle of Unbeaten's, Central 38-24   

Love the optimism, but how is MD going to score 18 points against North?

North has not allowed more than 14 to date and MD is averaging 9 per game. 

4 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

Love the optimism, but how is MD going to score 18 points against North?

North has not allowed more than 14 to date and MD is averaging 9 per game. 

Most likely Magic. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if MD reaches 18 points, could be a lot different factors. They were lucky enough to get to 14 against Jasper 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alduflux said:

Is the Jasper/Central game being streamed online anywhere?

Regarding the game, two things will dictate Jasper's ability to compete.  1.  Protect the ball.  2.  Manage/control the speed of Central.  Jasper teams in the past have not handled speed well.

I believe IHSAATV, not to sure. That is one thing I forgot to mention, Jasper needs to protect the ball at all cost, can't fumble ball. 

12 hours ago, Alduflux said:

Is the Jasper/Central game being streamed online anywhere?

Regarding the game, two things will dictate Jasper's ability to compete.  1.  Protect the ball.  2.  Manage/control the speed of Central.  Jasper teams in the past have not handled speed well.

I think this has the makings of a really good game and completely agree with 1 and 2 above. If Jasper can play disciplined defense and avoid giving up too many big plays, they will have a fighting chance. The game I saw them play makes me believe they can do that. I was impressed with how they flock to the ball and their secondary tackled well. Another thing that could impact the game is how often or early the officials flag Jasper for false starts. In the game I watched, Jasper looked to false start several times that were not called. In the 4th quarter of that game, the officials finally called a couple of false starts for the same thing they had been doing for the first 3 quarters. If they had been flagged earlier, it could have had an impact on multiple Jasper drives. There's a big difference between 2nd and 5 or 1st and 15, or 3rd and 3 or 3rd and 8.

• Like 1

Some good matchups this week in the SIAC. I'm predicting all the home teams win.

Castle @ Reitz  - Reitz is struggling. This could go either way but I'll say Reitz beats the cake eaters this year. Panthers by 1 score.

Bosse @ Memorial - Memorial on a winning streak and figuring some things out. Tigers by 4 scores.

Harrison @ VL - Harrison may hang around for a half but just not enough. Alices by 3 scores.

Mater Dei @ North - In my opinion, North is the 2nd best team in the SIAC and MD will struggle to score. Huskies by 3 scores.

Game of the week:

Jasper @ Central - Jasper could win if they have zero turnovers, but I think Central has too many game-changing players to stop. Bears by 2 scores.

I think some Geiger counters might register the collisions Friday night when Dawkins (Jasper) and Madison (Central) collide.

I will pick Jasper in a slight upset. 

My other prediction is that the game might be over by 8:15. Neither team will throw much and are happy with 3 yards and cloud of turf. 

5 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

and cloud of turf. 

I believe the correct phrase now is "and a cloud of pulverized cryogenic rubber."... LOL.  

This week I'll take:

Castle over Reitz 27-13.  Still haven't seen Reitz so I don't know what to make of them. 

Lincoln over Harrison 31-12.  Lincoln should have no problem.    

North over Mater Dei 28-14.  Presswood will be too much for MD.  

Central over Jasper 38-7.  I just don't see Jasper being able to hang around.  Central will want to prove they can't.   I could see it being close, then zip, zip, gone...

Memorial over Bosse 44-13.  The 102nd meeting.  Coach Hurley might be a little more surly this week as the Tigers are hosting Bosse at Enlow from the visitor's side, and we were all so looking forward to seeing the new potties...    

19 minutes ago, tango said:

I believe the correct phrase now is "and a cloud of pulverized cryogenic rubber."... LOL.  

This week I'll take:

Castle over Reitz 27-13.  Still haven't seen Reitz so I don't know what to make of them. 

Lincoln over Harrison 31-12.  Lincoln should have no problem.    

North over Mater Dei 28-14.  Presswood will be too much for MD.  

Central over Jasper 38-7.  I just don't see Jasper being able to hang around.  Central will want to prove they can't.   I could see it being close, then zip, zip, gone...

Memorial over Bosse 44-13.  The 102nd meeting.  Coach Hurley might be a little more surly this week as the Tigers are hosting Bosse at Enlow from the visitor's side, and we were all so looking forward to seeing the new potties...    

We are on the Vistor's side this year? That's surprising 

-Castle over Reitz by 2 scores.. I see a similar result as Lincoln against a BIG BIG Castle team 

-Memorial routs Bosse 

-VL over Harrison by 4 scores..I can only hope Lincoln will rediscover some offense after being physically outmatched the last two weeks 

-North over MD by 3 scores...I will maintain that MD has a top 3-4 defense in the conference but not nearly enough offense. 

-Central over Jasper by 3 scores...5-0 vs 5-0 look super sexy. I want to call this a closer game. I really do. But this Central team is exceptional offensively...the speed to stretch you out and the size/power to punish you between the tackles. The Cats will do well to keep it close for a half

Edited by SEAL_63

25 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Does anyone know if the Jasper-Central Game or North-MD game will be livestreamed? 

Mater Dei at North will be on tristatehomepage.com

Here’s the full schedule

Week 1 (08/21) Mater Dei @ Central
Week 2 (08/28) Castle @ Mater Dei
Week 3 (09/4) Jasper @ Reitz
Week 4 (09/11) Apollo @ Owensboro
Week 5 (09/18) Gibson Southern @ Southridge
Week 6 (09/25) Mater Dei @ North
Week 7 (10/2) Reitz @ Memorial
Week 8 (10/9) Boonville @ South Spencer
Week 9 (10/16) Daviess Co @ Henderson County
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sr1 said:

Mater Dei at North will be on tristatehomepage.com

Here’s the full schedule

Week 1 (08/21) Mater Dei @ Central
Week 2 (08/28) Castle @ Mater Dei
Week 3 (09/4) Jasper @ Reitz
Week 4 (09/11) Apollo @ Owensboro
Week 5 (09/18) Gibson Southern @ Southridge
Week 6 (09/25) Mater Dei @ North
Week 7 (10/2) Reitz @ Memorial
Week 8 (10/9) Boonville @ South Spencer
Week 9 (10/16) Daviess Co @ Henderson County

Thank you

Over half the season has been played.  It is safe to say we have a better understanding of each team now.  

Mid-Season Report:

Central, North, and Jasper has separated them self from the rest of the SIAC.  The second group is Memorial, Mater Dei, Vincennes Lincoln, and Castle.  This group relies on their defense first and hopes the offense can score enough points to win.  Each of these teams are a toss up when they play.  The bottom grouping is Reitz, Bosse, and Harrison.  I am not sure what to think about Reitz.  They do have a last second win against Vincennes and a win against Harrison. But the team on the hill is struggling on both sides of the ball.  They do have a chance to move up into the middle grouping.  All of the bottom teams have new coaches/staff and this is probably causing their struggles.

Mid-Season ranking with season ending predicted season records:

1. Central (9-0)

2. North (8-1)

3. Jasper (8-2)

4. Memorial (6-3)

5. Castle (5-3)

6. Mater Dei (4-5)

7. Vincennes Lincoln (2-8)

8. Reitz (3-6)

9. Harrison (1-8)

10. Bosse (0-8)

To this week games:

Castle @ Reitz:  Knights 31-14

Bosse @ Memorial:  Tigers with a running clock in the 4th.  42-12

Harrison @Vincennes Lincoln:  Alices pulls away in the second half. 35-14

Mater Dei @ North:  North wins this, but MD will keep it close.  28-17

Game of the Week:  Jasper @ Central

Jasper now enters the hardest part of their schedule.  Central is so talented and fast.  It will be very interesting to see what the DC come up with to try to stop the other team.  However in the end, Central has more overall talent and speed than Jasper.  Central wins pulling away.  Bears 38-21

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MSG_C said:

Over half the season has been played.  It is safe to say we have a better understanding of each team now.  

Mid-Season Report:

Central, North, and Jasper has separated them self from the rest of the SIAC.  The second group is Memorial, Mater Dei, Vincennes Lincoln, and Castle.  This group relies on their defense first and hopes the offense can score enough points to win.  Each of these teams are a toss up when they play.  The bottom grouping is Reitz, Bosse, and Harrison.  I am not sure what to think about Reitz.  They do have a last second win against Vincennes and a win against Harrison. But the team on the hill is struggling on both sides of the ball.  They do have a chance to move up into the middle grouping.  All of the bottom teams have new coaches/staff and this is probably causing their struggles.

Mid-Season ranking with season ending predicted season records:

1. Central (9-0)

2. North (8-1)

3. Jasper (8-2)

4. Memorial (6-3)

5. Castle (5-3)

6. Mater Dei (4-5)

7. Vincennes Lincoln (2-8)

8. Reitz (3-6)

9. Harrison (1-8)

10. Bosse (0-8)

To this week games:

Castle @ Reitz:  Knights 31-14

Bosse @ Memorial:  Tigers with a running clock in the 4th.  42-12

Harrison @Vincennes Lincoln:  Alices pulls away in the second half. 35-14

Mater Dei @ North:  North wins this, but MD will keep it close.  28-17

Game of the Week:  Jasper @ Central

Jasper now enters the hardest part of their schedule.  Central is so talented and fast.  It will be very interesting to see what the DC come up with to try to stop the other team.  However in the end, Central has more overall talent and speed than Jasper.  Central wins pulling away.  Bears 38-21

I think it's still too early to say that Jasper has separated themselves and is in the top tier. I'm not a hater, but they haven't played Central, North, or Castle yet. The eye test says they should be able to compete, but if they go 0-3 in those games, it will move them back in the pack. We'll find out more this Friday night.

• Like 1