• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 6

44 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

FINAL SCORES 

Central over Jasper, 24-17 

Castle over Reitz, 42-7 

VL over Harrison, 33-14 

Memorial over Bosse, 42-3, did Memorial score 42 points in the 2Q? 

Game of the week in SIAC 

MD over North, 29-14, MD had full control of the game 

I was able to watch the 4th quarter of the Mater Dei vs. North game. I think the play by play guy said that North had their backup QB in the game. Did the North starting QB play at all?

Congrats to Central. I'm not surprised on the outcome of the Jasper game. We had plenty of opportunities to win the game. The fumble for a touch down set us back and not containing Evans along with poor tackling at times kept their momentum up. I'm sure if Madison was in there it would have been very different as well. It is a learning experience that's for sure. I'm sure we will run in these guys in again in sectional. Also, was North really not in control of the MD game. I watched some of the live streamed game and MD was running all over them?

1 hour ago, Cat02 said:

Congrats to Central. I'm not surprised on the outcome of the Jasper game. We had plenty of opportunities to win the game. The fumble for a touch down set us back and not containing Evans along with poor tackling at times kept their momentum up. I'm sure if Madison was in there it would have been very different as well. It is a learning experience that's for sure. I'm sure we will run in these guys in again in sectional. Also, was North really not in control of the MD game. I watched some of the live streamed game and MD was running all over them?

For Mater Dei:  Sophomore running back Joey Pierre had 194 yards on 35 carries.  Presswood also had 194 yards but on only 16 carries (one for 91 and one for 54).  Atherton hit 3 field goals (39, 28, and 41 yards().  North's QB was out with an undisclosed illness and didn't even dress.  North had to use a WR as their backup.  Time of possession in the game favored MD.  An impressive win by MD as they seemed to manhandle North's rushing defense.

I heard both Madison and Boberg were out for Central. If that was the case that's a good win for Central, and doesn't bode as well for Jasper in the postseason if Central gets those guys back healthy. That's some serious offensive and defensive firepower that was missing for Central. North looked very shaky on offense without Brawdy other than Presswood's ability to get loose on any play. I was surprised at MD's ability to run the ball and score against North's D. Pierre is really coming into his own the last coupe of weeks, and the MD line seems to be improving in the run game. Has Reitz packed it in for the year? I didn't see them beating Castle, but I thought they would at least put up a fight. Outside of the SIAC, it looks like Tell City is for real. Gave Southridge all they wanted.

8 hours ago, South Paw said:

I heard both Madison and Boberg were out for Central. If that was the case that's a good win for Central, and doesn't bode as well for Jasper in the postseason if Central gets those guys back healthy. That's some serious offensive and defensive firepower that was missing for Central. North looked very shaky on offense without Brawdy other than Presswood's ability to get loose on any play. I was surprised at MD's ability to run the ball and score against North's D. Pierre is really coming into his own the last coupe of weeks, and the MD line seems to be improving in the run game. Has Reitz packed it in for the year? I didn't see them beating Castle, but I thought they would at least put up a fight. Outside of the SIAC, it looks like Tell City is for real. Gave Southridge all they wanted.

-Madison was the biggest difference for Central in their meeting with Lincoln a few weeks back IMO (although they basically did what they wanted offensively in general). In an offense that’s more run oriented, I’m sure that was a hit to the Bears, especially in the 2nd half when the big guy really starts to wear on the opposing defense. Still..I think Jasper really showed what they’re capable of and that they can’t be ignored in that sectional.

-North not having their signal caller certainly played a big part in the loss to MD, but I’m not so sure they win even with Brawdy. MD’s ability to control the game on the ground can’t be overlooked. They obviously found a chink in the North defensive front. I can only hope Lincoln learns a thing or two from the film as the Huskies come to Inman next Friday.

-Castle looking better every week. The North and Jasper losses have opened the door a little for the Knights, who have yet to play Central. 

Edited by SEAL_63

40 minutes ago, SEAL_63 said:

-Madison was the biggest difference for Central in their meeting with Lincoln a few weeks back IMO (although they basically did what they wanted offensively in general). In an offense that’s more run oriented, I’m sure that was a hit to the Bears, especially in the 2nd half when the big guy really starts to wear on the opposing defense. Still..I think Jasper really showed what they’re capable of and that they can’t be ignored in that sectional.

-North not having their signal caller certainly played a big part in the loss to MD, but I’m not so sure they win even with Brawdy. MD’s ability to control the game on the ground can’t be overlooked. They obviously found a chink in the North defensive front. I can only hope Lincoln learns a thing or two from the film as the Huskies come to Inman next Friday.

-Castle looking better every week. The North and Jasper losses have opened the door a little for the Knights, who have yet to play Central. 

VL had an great game, as well as your guy's QB for 260 yards?

45 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

VL had an great game, as well as your guy's QB for 260 yards?

Yes, Vickers throws a beautiful deep ball with nice touch when he’s given the time. He’s a big tall kid who sees the field well...not the most mobile so again, he needs time. 

As for the team..the win was nice but still a lot left to clean up. Too many penalties and a lack of consistent pass protection continue to be the major problems for VL.  But the beautiful thing about the SIAC is that there are three quality games left that I feel Lincoln will be competitive in and they can continue to grow and improve upon. 

I look forward to Memorial’s return to Inman Field in a couple weeks. 

Edited by SEAL_63

I think Week 6 illustrates the point I have always made about the strength of the SIAC 

1. A 1-4 sixth place team (MD) physically ran for over 200 yards vs a previously unbeaten first place team.

2. Jasper battled but still lost to a team missing one of its two best players. 

The depth of good teams and the depth of talent on the rosters make each week interesting. 

I’m not sure the league has semi-state caliber teams this year, but still has some good teams

On 9/26/2020 at 9:46 PM, SEAL_63 said:

Castle's defense hasn't been able to slow Central down the past 4 or 5 years. Can the Knights D solve the Central offense and can the Castle offense throw effectively enough to keep their ground game open? Central will slow the Knights ground game down and the Knights will have to spread them out and throw some if they want to win. If Central jumps out to an early lead the Knights will be in trouble.

On 9/26/2020 at 2:16 PM, South Paw said:

Boberg played. Madison did not. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, South Paw said:

Castle's defense hasn't been able to slow Central down the past 4 or 5 years. Can the Knights D solve the Central offense and can the Castle offense throw effectively enough to keep their ground game open? Central will slow the Knights ground game down and the Knights will have to spread them out and throw some if they want to win. If Central jumps out to an early lead the Knights will be in trouble.

Random query here...speaking of the  Knights rushing attack, what happened to the RB the year Castle played at Bedford for (I think) a regional title? Did he play in college?