Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

(3 - 2) Linton @ (4 - 0) North Daviess

28 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

Another week and no game write up from Miner Pride???   Say it isn't so!

I know I know... i have dropped the ball on a lot of things this year... I swear it's just I am so busy with other projects and issues.  I get all my game info in order.. just the nights I would normally be typing up pre-game are spent doing other necessary things.  I really apologize. I haven't been on TGD much...But I still bleed Miner Red.

7 hours ago, kingtut said:

Apparently, Linton's best lineman, Donovan Debruhl, will not play tonight.  Concussion last week.

Yeh..I wondered about this.  He didn't play after half time last week.. and you could see he had a headache.  He was a  vital player at DT last week...After watching video he really was dominant inside in the 1st half, and was in on 4 stops of Mockabee, and many others forced him into others.  Mockabee got a lot of yards, but didn't get them up the middle.  He did better after the half... when Donovan was not there.  I'm hoping it's a case of being cautious so he will be 100% the rest of the year.

On 9/23/2020 at 3:24 PM, Ugminer said:

Even tho the atmosphere can still be good at times. Imo its no where near what it use to be.

Obviously... this Covid thing has attendance way down.. but I venture to comment that even before this virus, attendance hasn't been what it was.  I don't understand it.  THe kids noticed it...  I understand the rain and cold.. but I also know for facts the while the ability to Video Stream benefits the fans and family who don't live near Linton or can't physically be at games.... it's a detriment when all the bars and clubs are showing the games on big screen TVs all over town. No question it has put a bit in a lot of folks who would normally be at the Roy in person.  I would never ever rather sit at home and miss supporting the kids or feeling that one of a kind small town football friday vibe.   But there have been some incredible crowds or small town football..and incredible moments.   

On 9/24/2020 at 9:53 AM, kingtut said:

I do think that North Daviess is improved and getting better.  I just feel like the Miners' rushing offense will be too much.  If Linton wasn't so one dimensional offensively they could be really good but that one dimension is enough for weaker teams.  Against Boonville Linton put up 42 points in the loss but completed one pass for 3 yards.  It's not that they don't try to pass, they just have very little success.  As for the score I predicted,  I could be way off.  I just threw that out there.

Well... we know that ND has gotten better.... and they are getting the we can win feeling happening under Coach Fine.  THey have key guys back from last year.. Reed at QB, Jeffers at RB, Krusenklaus and Fox at skills.  Alex Steffy ad 6'3 275 on both lines...  Last year they came in 4-1 just losing 7-6 to West Vigo coming into the Linton game...and Linton dominated 48-14.  I think they have confidence in their offense.... they have put up the points.. BUT... no way they have faced a defense like Linton.  Sure...44 points put on us last week...  and hard to really even say it.. but the defense was solid.  Having to face Mockabee last week.. and those Southridge Raiders in week one... plus some good athletes at Sullivan... will have LInton ready... and I think with something to prove....  Had we won last week...I think you might have dealt with the old let down factor... I don't think that's the case.   I think you will see a fired up Miner team... both sides of the ball.  Linton will prolly also work on that passing game....need that if there is any hope of getting through the sectional.   ND fans prolly see 3-2 and know what we graduated and think.. ok.. it's prime time... but.... the MIner team is getting better and better.  It will hurt not having DeBruhl...but... others have stepped in.  

I agree with ya Miner Pride.  The live stream has killed the attendance to games.  I mean look couple years sgo when played Mater Dei in sectionals the place was dead.  I mean before live stream that place would have been full for that game, no matter if it was 0 degrees.  If I cant watch in person ill just listen to you an Darren.  Someone who knows whats going on.

Edited by Ugminer