Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NIC WEEK #6

Feeling a little inferior to Goldrush1985's supreme Indiana HS football knowledge, but here goes nothing LMAO.

Jimtown- handles clay easily. Clay doesn't have any depth to slow the ground and pound down. +40

New Prairie- Adam's is still struggling to compete with the strong competition in the North +17

Riley- Washington has the same issues as Clay this year. Not enough Depth. +24

Elkhart- hmmmmm....40-6

Marian/Penn- if Marian can play mistake free for 4 quarters this one could potentially swing their way. +/- 9

Glenn- Glenn needs to clean up the turnover issues from this past week. +13

56 minutes ago, TurfToe said:

Bremen at Glenn -- Which version of both of these teams show up to play Friday?  Anything you could look to for reasons to pick one team over the other apply to both.  I will pick against the all knowing Turf Toe and keep my faith on the Lions to pull out a close one and salvage a decent season despite growing injuries adding to already poor depth.

Elkhart at St. Joseph  -- St. Joe has come a ways since week one, but it is not enough to hold off a good Elkhart team.  

Marian at Penn  --  Would like to be bold and go with Marian, but think Penn will have just enough to slip by the well assembled parochial.

Adams at New Prairie  -- Adams just doesn't have enough against the Cougars.

Clay at Jimtown  -- Easy Friday night for Jimtown.  

Riley at Washington  -- Wildcats get fat on another cupcake.

4 minutes ago, LionKing said:

Bremen at Glenn -- Which version of both of these teams show up to play Friday?  Anything you could look to for reasons to pick one team over the other apply to both.  I will pick against the all knowing Turf Toe and keep my faith on the Lions to pull out a close one and salvage a decent season despite growing injuries adding to already poor depth.

Elkhart at St. Joseph  -- St. Joe has come a ways since week one, but it is not enough to hold off a good Elkhart team.  

Marian at Penn  --  Would like to be bold and go with Marian, but think Penn will have just enough to slip by the well assembled parochial.

OOoooo...this is exciting elevating my "clout" on this forum, lol.

But, I agree with you about which version of Glenn/Bremen show up. Especially, being broadcasted on 46 for all to see.

I doesn't seem that there are too many close games every week so I thought I would bring up another topic to spice things up.

Given that the South Bend School won't contract their high school in the near future...

Do you believe that the other schools leave the NIC or All South Bend Schools form their own conference.

Just having a conversation

7 minutes ago, TurfToe said:

OOoooo...this is exciting elevating my "clout" on this forum, lol.

But, I agree with you about which version of Glenn/Bremen show up. Especially, being broadcasted on 46 for all to see.

Thought you would like that! 😄    I have noticed you enjoy some good natured back and forth banter.

On a more serious note, prayers for complete healing to #28 on the Lions who left the field Friday with a severe break of the bones in his forearm.  It was pretty gruesome watching it swaying back and forth.  Tough kid to jump up and jog off the field on his own to the sideline.  Think it shook his teammates for a bit in the first quarter as it was just his second game back after a year away to deal with another medical issue.  Heard he had successful surgery yesterday morning to plate and pin everything back together.  

3 minutes ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

I doesn't seem that there are too many close games every week so I thought I would bring up another topic to spice things up.

Given that the South Bend School won't contract their high school in the near future...

Do you believe that the other schools leave the NIC or All South Bend Schools form their own conference.

The NIC South would hurt the most losing Riley, CLay

Just now, LionKing said:

Thought you would like that! 😄    I have noticed you enjoy some good natured back and forth banter.

On a more serious note, prayers for complete healing to #28 on the Lions who left the field Friday with a severe break of the bones in his forearm.  It was pretty gruesome watching it swaying back and forth.  Tough kid to jump up and jog off the field on his own to the sideline.  Think it shook his teammates for a bit in the first quarter as it was just his second game back after a year away to deal with another medical issue.  Heard he had successful surgery yesterday morning to plate and pin everything back together.  

Take a helmet to it?

2 minutes ago, TurfToe said:

The NIC South would hurt the most losing Riley, CLay

Take a helmet to it?

Don't think Bremen, Jimtown and Glenn want to have that happen.  Not many good options without a lot of other shuffling that would be hard to pull off. Travel would be a big sticking point as well for them to go a different direction.

Had his hand planted on the ground trying to balance himself to keep running and got hit square in the middle of the forearm by the helmet of a tackler.

25 minutes ago, LionKing said:

Don't think Bremen, Jimtown and Glenn want to have that happen.  Not many good options without a lot of other shuffling that would be hard to pull off. Travel would be a big sticking point as well for them to go a different direction.

Had his hand planted on the ground trying to balance himself to keep running and got hit square in the middle of the forearm by the helmet of a tackler.

Seen a break like that happen a few years back. Glad the surgery went well.

3 hours ago, LionKing said:

Sagrian has Washington a 1 point favorite over Riley.

5 hours ago, LionKing said:

Wow!  Glad to hear he had successful surgery!  

10 hours ago, TurfToe said:

Bremen at Glenn Š, 7 pm

Elkhart at St. Joseph Š, 7 pm
Marian at Penn Š, 7 pm
Adams at New Prairie Š, 7:30 pm
Clay at Jimtown Š, 7 pm
Riley at Washington Š, 7 pm
F

Week 6 already? Crazy how fast football season goes by every year

Bremen vs Glenn should be a fun close game for the communities. Gotta go with Glenn in a nail biter; just a hunch. 

Elkhart will roll over St. Joe. This one won't be close, Elkhart by 35+

Probably the most intrigue game of the week. If this game was at Marian I'd go with the knights but I don't think they win at Penn. I truly believe NP was able to knock off the kingsmen last year because the game was home. It's a lot mentally to drive to granger, see the hummer plant, their giant school, their very big/nice stadium, their turf, all the accolades everywhere. A lot of times you are defeated before you step off the bus. With all that being said Penn wins 28-21. But I'd love to see Marian knock them off.

NP beats Adams by 3 TDs in a game not too many people are concerned about. It's important for NP to get some confidence before ending their season with Penn and Elkhart.

Jimtown rolls Clay. nothing to see here

Riley/Washington should be a good one in the sense that the score will be close. Something is telling me Washington is going to bring home the "W" to the west side. 

6 hours ago, johnny U said:

Sagrian has Washington a 1 point favorite over Riley.

Schedule bump?  Washington hasn't really been in a game except for their win over a terrible Clay team.  Overall, they probably have played better competition then Riley slightly.  Riley has a couple straight wins and might feel a little better about themselves then Washington who just got whacked again.  To be honest, who knows in this crazy season.

18 hours ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

They are going to have to contract a high school.  Maybe 2.  The enrollment and cost does not justify keeping at least one open.  That buildings report was supposed to be in by June.  It is now September.  Many people are beginning to question the competence and qualifications of the people running the corporation and the school board.

20 hours ago, TurfToe said:

Many thought corona would wipe out the season but here we are....WEEK 6

Bremen at Glenn Š, 7 pm

Elkhart at St. Joseph Š, 7 pm
Marian at Penn Š, 7 pm
Adams at New Prairie Š, 7:30 pm
Clay at Jimtown Š, 7 pm

F

Bremen at Glenn - after seeing both in person I would say Bremen by a big margin.  But how they have played makes it a guess.  I like more of what I saw with Bremen.

Marian at Penn - Cam Marian handle the size and strength of Penn.  Marian has the athletes to do it.  Penn is still Penn even at 2-3.  Being at Penn, the Kingsmen but it would not surprise me if Marian would win the game.

Adams at New Prairie - After seeing NP and their soph running back this kid has a ton of potential.  NP has lost to 2 very good football teams.  I am not sure what Adams is trying to do on offense.  NP

Clay at Jimtown - short handed Clay should be no match for the Jimmies

Riley at Washington - gut feeling the Cat

Elkhart at St. Joe - watched the 1st half of their game with Penn.  They have athletes.  I am not on board with SJ making a lot of progress over beating inferior teams.  I keep seeing this as a track meet with Elkhart running away with it.

21 hours ago, TurfToe said:

Feeling a little inferior to Goldrush1985's supreme Indiana HS football knowledge, but here goes nothing LMAO.

Jimtown- handles clay easily. Clay doesn't have any depth to slow the ground and pound down. +40

New Prairie- Adam's is still struggling to compete with the strong competition in the North +17

Riley- Washington has the same issues as Clay this year. Not enough Depth. +24

Elkhart- hmmmmm....40-6

Marian/Penn- if Marian can play mistake free for 4 quarters this one could potentially swing their way. +/- 9

Glenn- Glenn needs to clean up the turnover issues from this past week. +13

Don't feel Inferior , I don't give predictions on the entire NIC games because I don't know enough about each team to make accurate predictions . If I were to do all the NIC games , I would be guessing . Judging by Turf Toes week 5 Predictions vs Outcomes , that is exactly what he does . If your going to guess the games , don't get charminized when someone questions your prediction . LMAO

Edited by GOLDRUSH1985

54 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Don't feel Inferior , I don't give predictions on the entire NIC games because I don't know enough about each team to make accurate predictions . If I were to do all the NIC games , I would be guessing . Judging by Turf Toes week 5 Predictions vs Outcomes , that is exactly what he does . If your going to guess the games , don't get charminized when someone questions your prediction . LMAO

I use a combination of hunches, guesses and witchcraft to come up with my prognostications. 

1 hour ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Got to have fun with the predictions and change it up once in awhile. For the longest time anyone playing Penn around here was predicted to lose and the past few years this forum was dryer then Martins supermarkets deli Chicken. Plus, I Enjoy the petty arguments, lol.

Just now, TurfToe said:

Got to have fun with the predictions and change it up once in awhile. For the longest time anyone playing Penn around here was predicted to lose and the past few years this forum was dryer then Martins supermarkets deli Chicken. Plus, I Enjoy the petty arguments, lol.

Petty arguments yes . I only questioned your 28 point prediction .Elkhart's Sagarin rating was only slightly higher than Penn's. Penn's SOS is higher than Elkhart's . SOS most always offsets a slight

overall ranking, making both teams about even , with Elkhart having more athletes .